ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wazz
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 19:35
Gender: Male

Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance

Post by wazz »

Say for example u finsh ur delivery between 12pm-2pm. Do u go back to the houses to try get rid of the 739 packets/specials. (if it's before 1pm I try get rid of the 739 specials)

This is what I say to the customer
"I thought I give u a second chance. U know that red card I put through u don't need it anymore. Put that card in the bin"

Some of the customers actually are happy and great full. Few times this customer said. "ur a star" :D

I told this to my dad and he said this
"ur sily son. Once u put the 739 card through there letter box. Then don't go back"


So does any1 here give the 739 packets/specials a second chance ?
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by monkeymutha »

no way man, job and finish :dance
MGB
Posts: 107
Joined: 21 Jan 2012, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by MGB »

I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by doorstepped »

I have done in the past if I am driving past, but I ALWAYS get the P739 back off them, as I have had the customers other half come in to the callers office and ask for the package again.
took a while to work out that they had already had it.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by Lincox »

You must be that postie off East enders Wazz. He seems to have plenty of time to go the extra mile. If only I had time to retrace my steps. 10/12 mile a day on a bike is enough without going back.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by dvbuk55 »

matthewbutler wrote:I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
Well Matt you must have been a callers office postman in a former life - because that does happen and it is extremely irritating.
north london driver
Posts: 560
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by north london driver »

dvbuk55 wrote:
matthewbutler wrote:I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
Well Matt you must have been a callers office postman in a former life - because that does happen and it is extremely irritating.
the customer pays for one delivery and thats it,as for the 739,s be careful the times i have put in a 739 then the neighbour comes out and takes the item i say to them make sure that the 739 is for that item so rip it up.
saturday comes and up comes the customer to collect there parcel the phg,s waste there time in looking for it yet they have already got the item from there neighbour.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by Sidley »

IF the address isn't too far from the pouching off box so I can pouch it off easily in the event of still no one home.
IF the address is between my last letter and said pouching off box and I have the parcel with me.
IF it doesn't cause me too much grief I'll give it another try.
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by fng »

"Do u go back to the houses to try get rid of the 739 packets/specials."..... :hmmmm :hmmmm :cuppa :hmmmm :hmmmm .....No.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by Judgee »

Very rare to get the time these days but if I do and it's a customer I get on well with then yes I go back. Always get the card back off them though! :wink:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by crazyshrew »

I wouldn't go out of my way to do it
However the round I'm covering at the moment when i've finished I have to cycle back through the first half and very often I'll notice that the cars are back/ TV's on so I'll give it a go, especially as it looks like I'm staying where i am over christmas :wink:
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by centenaryman »

matthewbutler wrote:I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.


i can understand the reason why the original poster trys to get rid of the parcels,,,,,but the quote above has happened,,,,they claim the parcel has never arrived
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by Stella102 »

no way, how do you have time for this?
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by ebbzie »

Oh yes keep going back 2nd 3rd 4th time whatever it takes. I once had to wait until 1am for the customer to get in from a party, :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
GavinC85
Posts: 38
Joined: 22 Aug 2012, 19:45
Gender: Male

Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha

Post by GavinC85 »

Lincox wrote:You must be that postie off East enders Wazz. He seems to have plenty of time to go the extra mile. If only I had time to retrace my steps. 10/12 mile a day on a bike is enough without going back.
what he said