ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
-
wazz
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
Say for example u finsh ur delivery between 12pm-2pm. Do u go back to the houses to try get rid of the 739 packets/specials. (if it's before 1pm I try get rid of the 739 specials)
This is what I say to the customer
"I thought I give u a second chance. U know that red card I put through u don't need it anymore. Put that card in the bin"
Some of the customers actually are happy and great full. Few times this customer said. "ur a star" :D
I told this to my dad and he said this
"ur sily son. Once u put the 739 card through there letter box. Then don't go back"
So does any1 here give the 739 packets/specials a second chance ?
This is what I say to the customer
"I thought I give u a second chance. U know that red card I put through u don't need it anymore. Put that card in the bin"
Some of the customers actually are happy and great full. Few times this customer said. "ur a star" :D
I told this to my dad and he said this
"ur sily son. Once u put the 739 card through there letter box. Then don't go back"
So does any1 here give the 739 packets/specials a second chance ?
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
no way man, job and finish 
-
MGB
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 21 Jan 2012, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
I have done in the past if I am driving past, but I ALWAYS get the P739 back off them, as I have had the customers other half come in to the callers office and ask for the package again.
took a while to work out that they had already had it.
took a while to work out that they had already had it.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
You must be that postie off East enders Wazz. He seems to have plenty of time to go the extra mile. If only I had time to retrace my steps. 10/12 mile a day on a bike is enough without going back.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
Well Matt you must have been a callers office postman in a former life - because that does happen and it is extremely irritating.matthewbutler wrote:I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
-
north london driver
- Posts: 560
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
the customer pays for one delivery and thats it,as for the 739,s be careful the times i have put in a 739 then the neighbour comes out and takes the item i say to them make sure that the 739 is for that item so rip it up.dvbuk55 wrote:Well Matt you must have been a callers office postman in a former life - because that does happen and it is extremely irritating.matthewbutler wrote:I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
saturday comes and up comes the customer to collect there parcel the phg,s waste there time in looking for it yet they have already got the item from there neighbour.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
IF the address isn't too far from the pouching off box so I can pouch it off easily in the event of still no one home.
IF the address is between my last letter and said pouching off box and I have the parcel with me.
IF it doesn't cause me too much grief I'll give it another try.
IF the address is between my last letter and said pouching off box and I have the parcel with me.
IF it doesn't cause me too much grief I'll give it another try.
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
"Do u go back to the houses to try get rid of the 739 packets/specials.".....
.....No.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
Very rare to get the time these days but if I do and it's a customer I get on well with then yes I go back. Always get the card back off them though! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
I wouldn't go out of my way to do it
However the round I'm covering at the moment when i've finished I have to cycle back through the first half and very often I'll notice that the cars are back/ TV's on so I'll give it a go, especially as it looks like I'm staying where i am over christmas
However the round I'm covering at the moment when i've finished I have to cycle back through the first half and very often I'll notice that the cars are back/ TV's on so I'll give it a go, especially as it looks like I'm staying where i am over christmas
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
matthewbutler wrote:I'm not even a postie but I can smell trouble even now. What if a customer takes that 739 to the office and there's no item, you should ask for the 739 back.
i can understand the reason why the original poster trys to get rid of the parcels,,,,,but the quote above has happened,,,,they claim the parcel has never arrived
-
Stella102
- Posts: 597
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
no way, how do you have time for this?
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
Oh yes keep going back 2nd 3rd 4th time whatever it takes. I once had to wait until 1am for the customer to get in from a party,

-
GavinC85
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 22 Aug 2012, 19:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
what he saidLincox wrote:You must be that postie off East enders Wazz. He seems to have plenty of time to go the extra mile. If only I had time to retrace my steps. 10/12 mile a day on a bike is enough without going back.