I had my changeover assessment today with a guy from the AA, I thought it went okay (obviously I was a bit nervous being shoved in a huge van when I have only a bit of driving experience) but I got put on High Risk and only allowed to drive the smaller vans to transits.
I could tell my line manager wasn't over the moon that I ended up High risk, was just wondering would this effect my position as a postie? I am currently on a temporary 3 month contract and worried that they wont keep me on
Cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Changeover Risk
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: Changeover Risk
We have a guy that was deemed such a high risk that they told him he couldnt drive any kind of van. They even sent him away on some kind of day training course! He has had the assesment 3 times now and still has not achieved a suitable level to drive a RM vehicle.
How the f**k he passed his driving test is beyond me
He isnt on a temporary contract tho, so I cannot add anything to your question
How the f**k he passed his driving test is beyond me
He isnt on a temporary contract tho, so I cannot add anything to your question
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32787
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Changeover Risk
Don't panic too much.cyorke1987 wrote:I had my changeover assessment today with a guy from the AA, I thought it went okay (obviously I was a bit nervous being shoved in a huge van when I have only a bit of driving experience) but I got put on High Risk and only allowed to drive the smaller vans to transits.
I could tell my line manager wasn't over the moon that I ended up High risk, was just wondering would this effect my position as a postie? I am currently on a temporary 3 month contract and worried that they wont keep me on
Cheers
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
cyorke1987
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 11 May 2012, 18:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Changeover Risk
Haha I wasn't that bad, I'm just not allowed to drive the LDV maxus, They shoved me out in a little van that afternoon so it cant all be bad, I just don't want to feel like i'm being a burden as the line manager said he will have to make sure there is a smaller van available when I workPatrick Clifton wrote:We have a guy that was deemed such a high risk that they told him he couldnt drive any kind of van. They even sent him away on some kind of day training course! He has had the assesment 3 times now and still has not achieved a suitable level to drive a RM vehicle.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Changeover Risk
Best not driving those big vans anyway.cyorke1987 wrote:Haha I wasn't that bad, I'm just not allowed to drive the LDV maxus, They shoved me out in a little van that afternoon so it cant all be bad, I just don't want to feel like i'm being a burden as the line manager said he will have to make sure there is a smaller van available when I workPatrick Clifton wrote:We have a guy that was deemed such a high risk that they told him he couldnt drive any kind of van. They even sent him away on some kind of day training course! He has had the assesment 3 times now and still has not achieved a suitable level to drive a RM vehicle.
-
gonneslinger
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Changeover Risk
Is it possible to do a retest, even if you've already passed [as Medium Risk], in order to get into the lower risk category and hence be able to drive the high top vans?
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Changeover Risk
What are we talking about here? What has your risk category to do with driving a high top van?gonneslinger wrote:Is it possible to do a retest, even if you've already passed [as Medium Risk], in order to get into the lower risk category and hence be able to drive the high top vans?
Does anyone have reference to where this information is laid down? With reference to the LDV Maxus we have guys driving them that did the changeover on the cdti combo, is this legal and, if not, where is it in black and white? I can't help feeling people are being allowed to drive vehicles they shouldn't be driving and if anything goes wrong it'll be their fault.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Changeover Risk
Don't stress,we don't get paid for driving the things so it's not as if you get any more money for driving the big ones.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
vanman90
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Changeover Risk
I was on a 3 month contract when I was declared a DANGEROUS risk and I was just kept on the walks but I had to wait 6 months before the AA guy got over the shock of the first attempt and got back in the van with me and I got a medium risk.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Changeover Risk
it doesn't help people when they have to jump a modern small car to a very old big van in a rush hour. You need to get used to driving the van. You can't judge people in first 30 minutes. But I am happy to be a walker anyway.