ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Personal assurance
-
manc_daddy
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 14:39
Personal assurance
Does any 1 else get this deducted from the wages and whats it for ?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Personal assurance
That'll be your managers bonus (and from now on, the union bribe) 
Seriously though, it's probably some insurance policy you've taken out, those people who turn up at your office and disturb you when your trying to work.
Seriously though, it's probably some insurance policy you've taken out, those people who turn up at your office and disturb you when your trying to work.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Personal assurance
Yeah some bullshit insurance policy that pays out if you die or get taken ill or some s**t. I have it.
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
Re: Personal assurance
anyone now how much royal mail have to pay you to medicley get rid of you after a accident on duty
-
Postman70
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 11:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
Hi, I have personal assurance on my payslip, and how do I deal with it, been paying them every week 1.88...
and I'm trying to find out HOW to get in touch with them, name of it, phone number? nothing on the payslip(!)
and what it's for? I lost the plot when they raided the sorting office and disturb me when I'm trying to work on a big duty.
I thinks it's probably some insurance policy I have taken out. reason for this because I was injured at work duty for long time.
and I'm trying to find out HOW to get in touch with them, name of it, phone number? nothing on the payslip(!)
and what it's for? I lost the plot when they raided the sorting office and disturb me when I'm trying to work on a big duty.
I thinks it's probably some insurance policy I have taken out. reason for this because I was injured at work duty for long time.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
Phone up HR,number on the back of your payslips,if you don't want it,get them to cancel it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Postman70
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 11:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
Cheers for info, I will try sort this out with HR and possibly cancelled it as it's doesn't do anything good out of it?!POSTMAN wrote:Phone up HR,number on the back of your payslips,if you don't want it,get them to cancel it.
-
Jynxx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 198
- Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
Had them turn up few weeks ago trying to sell some insurance or other figured it out you would have to be in hospital 3 times in a year to get your money back from it.
They even try some hard selling when u say I'll think about it "oh I need the decision today as the offer will be closed tomorrow etc etc" load of rubbish
It annoys me that these people are allowed in the workplace to drag u away from work drivel on for 20 mins basically wasting your time.
They even try some hard selling when u say I'll think about it "oh I need the decision today as the offer will be closed tomorrow etc etc" load of rubbish
It annoys me that these people are allowed in the workplace to drag u away from work drivel on for 20 mins basically wasting your time.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
Sounded a good deal at the time, but sod's law we have not had need to claim anything since the weekly deductions. 
-
DemonPostie
- Posts: 227
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
I got it only because I knew I would use it. My missus was going into hospital for a major hip operation, and I knew she was going to be in for at least two weeks. The guy came to my office to sell it to me a couple weeks before the operation, and assured me that it covered pre-existing conditions. I told him straight up that I would be claiming at least a thousand pounds off them within the month, and he said he didn't really care, he was paid commission regardless. :) He even gave me the number to ring to cancel it.
So, I paid a total of about 15 quid to them, got about 1400 back a month later, and cancelled it as soon as the cheque cleared. Nice.
Unless you KNOW you are going to use it, it's not really worth it. How many nights do you spend in the hospital every year?
So, I paid a total of about 15 quid to them, got about 1400 back a month later, and cancelled it as soon as the cheque cleared. Nice.
Unless you KNOW you are going to use it, it's not really worth it. How many nights do you spend in the hospital every year?
-
michael7569
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 15:59
Re: Personal assurance
Anyone know who to contact about this.Im not sure if this is true but does it include your children if they are in hospital.
-
CaptainSi
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 18:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
Does anyone know any contact info for the personal assurance company?
I can't find the paperwork and HR aren't answering the phones
I can't find the paperwork and HR aren't answering the phones
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
http://www.personal-group.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CaptainSi wrote:Does anyone know any contact info for the personal assurance company?
I can't find the paperwork and HR aren't answering the phones
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
Like most things, handy if you need to claim off it. Reminds me I need to phone them tomorrow to organise another claim due to recent knee op! Extra ££ handy this time of year!
-
mancpat
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
This annoys the s**t out of me. I go to work to earn money not to have some salesman pestering me. Every year they're at this.
Why do Royal mail even allow it. I've seen so many people harassed into signing up for this over the years because they're the type who can't say no.
By all means let them sit in a corner and leave a flyer on your frame if you want to go to them but the opening line of "can I have a word with you about the benefits you're entitled to?" Is just blatant lies. It should be "have you got a few minutes so I can pressurise you into paying onto this scheme so I can get my commission"
Why do Royal mail even allow it. I've seen so many people harassed into signing up for this over the years because they're the type who can't say no.
By all means let them sit in a corner and leave a flyer on your frame if you want to go to them but the opening line of "can I have a word with you about the benefits you're entitled to?" Is just blatant lies. It should be "have you got a few minutes so I can pressurise you into paying onto this scheme so I can get my commission"