ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
holiday pay if you leave
-
honda2010
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 21:23
- Gender: Male
holiday pay if you leave
if you leave royal mail after the start of the new leave year in april , do you get paid all of your holidays , so for me six weeks holiday pay around £1800 plus my weeks pay .
am i right in thinking this ?
does holiday pay and final wage packet come in one payment or do i have to wait an eternity to get holiday pay
cheers in advance
am i right in thinking this ?
does holiday pay and final wage packet come in one payment or do i have to wait an eternity to get holiday pay
cheers in advance
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: holiday pay if you leave
No you are wrong in thinking that.honda2010 wrote:if you leave royal mail after the start of the new leave year in april , do you get paid all of your holidays , so for me six weeks holiday pay around £1800 plus my weeks pay .
am i right in thinking this ?
does holiday pay and final wage packet come in one payment or do i have to wait an eternity to get holiday pay
cheers in advance
Your leave entitlement will be worked out on a pro rata basis based on how many months you work at Royal Mail. Any leave taken over the entitlement and Royal Mail will claw it back out of your last pay packet, or by sending you a bill.
If you work for 1 month then your entitlement is 1/12 of a year, 3 months - 1/4 etc etc.
After a week you'll be entitled to 1/52 of an annual entitlement. Or about 4.5 hours if you are FT. ( approx 4 hrs 36 minutes if you are still on 40 hours)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
honda2010
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 21:23
- Gender: Male
Re: holiday pay if you leave
thanks for reply but ive been here a looooooooong time and will have a whole years leave untaken so does that mean i will get all my holiday money , or what you have written i.e just a bit
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: holiday pay if you leave
It doesn't matter how long you've been here unless you are carrying over leave from last year all you will receive is a pro-rata percentage of your yearly entitlement.honda2010 wrote:thanks for reply but ive been here a looooooooong time and will have a whole years leave untaken so does that mean i will get all my holiday money , or what you have written i.e just a bit
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
honda2010
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 21:23
- Gender: Male
Re: holiday pay if you leave
ok thanks
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: holiday pay if you leave
Can I make a posting complaining about my leave

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Cliff Clavin
- Posts: 184
- Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:29
- Gender: Male
Re: holiday pay if you leave
If you carry days over, and have it confirmed on your printed holiday card, would you get paid them on leaving?
I have 9 days on my card (some will be carried over) and I'm due to leave mid March, so I was expecting to be due about
8 days, since we are near the new holiday year.
I think they will either ask me to take the a/l in my notice period, or just pay me those days at the end, am i right in thinking this?
I have 9 days on my card (some will be carried over) and I'm due to leave mid March, so I was expecting to be due about
8 days, since we are near the new holiday year.
I think they will either ask me to take the a/l in my notice period, or just pay me those days at the end, am i right in thinking this?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: holiday pay if you leave
did you honestly think they would pay 1800 quid for leaving?honda2010 wrote:if you leave royal mail after the start of the new leave year in april , do you get paid all of your holidays , so for me six weeks holiday pay around £1800 plus my weeks pay .
am i right in thinking this ?
does holiday pay and final wage packet come in one payment or do i have to wait an eternity to get holiday pay
cheers in advance
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: holiday pay if you leave
cuckoo, cuckoo. cuckoo,bringon4dayweeks wrote:did you honestly think they would pay 1800 quid for leaving?honda2010 wrote:if you leave royal mail after the start of the new leave year in april , do you get paid all of your holidays , so for me six weeks holiday pay around £1800 plus my weeks pay .
am i right in thinking this ?
does holiday pay and final wage packet come in one payment or do i have to wait an eternity to get holiday pay
cheers in advance
-
Zanfta
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 01:35
- Gender: Male
- Location: Aberdeen
Re: holiday pay if you leave
Old post but same issue and looking for advice.
I start employment at Royal Mail DO in December 2013.
Before April 2014 have been offered some holidays.
As I did not need them at that period I agreed with DOM that I will carry forward my 8,5 days
to the next holiday/tax year and had a holiday sheet displaying that.
For my own reasons I decide to change career at the end of April 2014.
Had worked my notice to the last day. Got paid for it.
Then P45 with the last payslip and shortly after P60.
Did not got any holiday pay.
Gave a call to H&R office. They told me to speak with my SOM because he's the one who are giving them "green light".
Right. Went to the office. Had a chat with SOM. He promise to sort it out. And that's it so far.
Due to being busy, couple of month are gone now and still no pay.
I do not want to speak with SOM again as it's only wasting of time.
H&R office are useless with out SOM permission.
In fact question is what should I do?
Yea. I know there is a Citizen Advice and number of companies who can sort it out, but...
Is it SOM are kinda God?
No one above him to make him sort this out?
Thanks in advance!
I start employment at Royal Mail DO in December 2013.
Before April 2014 have been offered some holidays.
As I did not need them at that period I agreed with DOM that I will carry forward my 8,5 days
to the next holiday/tax year and had a holiday sheet displaying that.
For my own reasons I decide to change career at the end of April 2014.
Had worked my notice to the last day. Got paid for it.
Then P45 with the last payslip and shortly after P60.
Did not got any holiday pay.
Gave a call to H&R office. They told me to speak with my SOM because he's the one who are giving them "green light".
Right. Went to the office. Had a chat with SOM. He promise to sort it out. And that's it so far.
Due to being busy, couple of month are gone now and still no pay.
I do not want to speak with SOM again as it's only wasting of time.
H&R office are useless with out SOM permission.
In fact question is what should I do?
Yea. I know there is a Citizen Advice and number of companies who can sort it out, but...
Is it SOM are kinda God?
No one above him to make him sort this out?
Thanks in advance!
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: holiday pay if you leave
Your Manager needs to confirm that information with HR, if they do not then nothing happens I'm afraid.
-
Zanfta
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 01:35
- Gender: Male
- Location: Aberdeen
Re: holiday pay if you leave
Back again!
On the 21 of August I had a chat with SOM face to face.
He agreed that I haven't got paid 6,5 holiday days only payment can take some time.
Well. Two months are gone and still not a sound of payment or any news from SOM!
6,5 days could make near 300 quid.
I am not going to give up.
Once spoken with HR.
Twice with SOM.
Any advice on my next step?
Should I email Moya Greene as I am afraid that Citizen Advice Bureau can make too much noise wich I don't want.
Thanks in advance!
On the 21 of August I had a chat with SOM face to face.
He agreed that I haven't got paid 6,5 holiday days only payment can take some time.
Well. Two months are gone and still not a sound of payment or any news from SOM!
6,5 days could make near 300 quid.
I am not going to give up.
Once spoken with HR.
Twice with SOM.
Any advice on my next step?
Should I email Moya Greene as I am afraid that Citizen Advice Bureau can make too much noise wich I don't want.
Thanks in advance!
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: holiday pay if you leave
I would like to bump this up, in 2016 at the end of August I am due to retire, right now I get 6 weeks annual leave. I was rather hoping I could go 6 weeks early, but reading this it looks unlikely. so who can tell me how many weeks I am entitled to?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No you are wrong in thinking that.honda2010 wrote:if you leave royal mail after the start of the new leave year in april , do you get paid all of your holidays , so for me six weeks holiday pay around £1800 plus my weeks pay .
am i right in thinking this ?
does holiday pay and final wage packet come in one payment or do i have to wait an eternity to get holiday pay
cheers in advance
Your leave entitlement will be worked out on a pro rata basis based on how many months you work at Royal Mail. Any leave taken over the entitlement and Royal Mail will claw it back out of your last pay packet, or by sending you a bill.
If you work for 1 month then your entitlement is 1/12 of a year, 3 months - 1/4 etc etc.
After a week you'll be entitled to 1/52 of an annual entitlement. Or about 4.5 hours if you are FT. ( approx 4 hrs 36 minutes if you are still on 40 hours)
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: holiday pay if you leave
I think it roughly works out at 2.5 days a month if you get the maximum leave