ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by eastie »

our office has a lot of staff coming in up to 30-45 mins early each day on P/L to get finished on time :arrrghhh
Now it looks as though we are doing ok due to the false impression by these early starters.
So RM are cutting the hours for Part timers in our office ................. thanks a a lot.
These posties coming in early are cutting their own throuts, why come in early when they could come in at their normal start time and cut off or do O/T , absolute madness. :evil/mad
BoxcarBob
Posts: 26
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 17:44
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by BoxcarBob »

Thats nowt, most of the part timers in my office come in at least an hour early, some come in 2 1/2 hours early!! Im one of the very few PT'ers that come in on time there.

We havent got P and L though yet at ours.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by Pat Ostman »

There is pressure if you have a wrong postie partner but you should hold strong.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by PhilthyPhil »

**** that. I'm still asleep 45mins before my start time :Very Happy
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by fishtank »

PhilthyPhil wrote:**** that. I'm still asleep 45mins before my start time :Very Happy
Same here.
I think my record is 8 minutes from bed to frame...and it's a 10 minute drive.
We don't have a lot of early starters but there are a few who go in 45mins early to drink coffee and play pool.
Mad as f**k the lot of them. :crazy:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by eastie »

When I come in at my proper start time some have already thrown all their walk sorted off and 2 bags of packets.
They then go out without a meal relief :arrrghhh
Then dont use a L/W trolley.
Because I come in at my proper start time , take my meal relief and use a L/W trolley I am classed as slow by the DOM :no no
Since P/L a lot of the runners are going down with bad backs and joint problems since revision started 6 months ago, I'm not laughing honest :whistle
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by glenfiddich »

eastie wrote:When I come in at our start time some have already thrown all their walk sorted off and 2 bags of packets.
They then go out without a meal relief :arrrghhh
Then dont use a L/W trolley.
Because I come in at my proper start time , take my meal relief and use a L/W trolley I am classed as slow by the DOM :no no
Since P/L a lot of the runners are going down with bad backs and joint problems since revision started 6 months ago, I'm not laughing honest :whistle
snap i have "ISSUES"Image
Hitcher
Posts: 1532
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by Hitcher »

As long they can finish early nothing will ever change.
scooby40
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 14:59
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by scooby40 »

Come in early work for nothing in the hope of going home early, MUGS comes to mind would they do that if they got the sack next week and went and worked at the local supermarket, i think not !!!!! :arrrghhh
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by karchun »

I actually feel bad for the FTs since i only work sat and i come 10 mins before my start time whereas the majority come almost 30 - 2 hours early, the partner sometimes looks fairly pissed not necessarily at me but at the system cause i work less hours than him - then again i get paid less :cuppa
ACACIA45
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by ACACIA45 »

I always aim to get in 5 minutes late, if I get in early then its a coffee :left: . I NEVER give royal mail time. DO THE JOB BY THE BOOK :thumbup

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by karchun »

ACACIA45 wrote:I always aim to get in 5 minutes late, if I get in early then its a coffee :left: . I NEVER give royal mail time. DO THE JOB BY THE BOOK :thumbup

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Well you seem to like to put an effort in something you don't get paid for... Giving applauses :nana
Postman Plodd
Posts: 596
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by Postman Plodd »

Here's the scenario at our place: i arrive 10 minutes before my start time and 90% of the rest of the office is already out of the door. I'm lucky if i'm away 45 mins later.
pooperscooper
Posts: 11
Joined: 07 Sep 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by pooperscooper »

we have 'mugs' who come in early for free then run round duties to finish on time. thing is they then try to take the piss out of the regular postie for leaving mail, parcels. empty heads
Postal1
Posts: 183
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 18:32
Gender: Male

Re: read this if you come in early unpaid on P/L

Post by Postal1 »

Our office is full of people coming in early and rushing around. we're having another p & l revision, our third one. Guess what came out?
Yep, another 10deliveries earmarked for going. Apparently another office is doing loads better than us. When will people learn