ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why start early?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hubbahubba
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1045
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
Gender: Female

Why start early?

Post by hubbahubba »

Theres one thing i can't get me head round,and thats the amount of idiots on delivery who start early.This is just a delivery problem,as at my MC out of say 100 staff,you prob get 1 or 2 who come in maybe 10mins early to prep their areas.Why do most of the DO staff come in early?I know some do to get away early,but even then is it really worth it?Why don't the reps do more to stop this activity?
same as it ever was...
beeswax
Posts: 19
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 09:52
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by beeswax »

i wouldnt say most, prob less than 10% in our DO.

how would the union stop it? injuctions perhaps? :crazy:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Why start early?

Post by DGP1 »

FFS I'm finding it more and more difficult to come in on time these days................not that it matter because I still get out with the others who do start early :hmmmm I think most of them are not very good.................or I just brilliant :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

This is brought up all the time .

This is an example for ME

Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.

If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .

Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !

SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .

YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
Thehair
Posts: 221
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 22:35
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by Thehair »

calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .

This is an example for ME

Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.

If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .

Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !

SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .

YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
WHY WHY WHY???? come back early, ideal for a lapsing opportunity and less hours in the office FFS. coming to an office near you soon.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

Blah Blah Blah ................. BORING ! ! ! ! Heard it all before .

I finish I go home . Do YOU go back and ask for more ??? Thought not .

I stand by my comments AND you know im right .
hatetheboss
Posts: 191
Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
Gender: Male
Location: Back Of Beyond

Re: Why start early?

Post by hatetheboss »

Calpsy,
you are the type of person that is causing trouble for the rest who start on time and believe me when I say, one day you will pay for your stupidity.
They are coming to take us away
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

calpsy wrote:Blah Blah Blah ................. BORING ! ! ! ! Heard it all before .

I finish I go home . Do YOU go back and ask for more ??? Thought not .

I stand by my comments AND you know im right .
Will i just quote myself after every daft comment from people who just believe the scaremongerers ? ? ?

And WHY THE HELL am i causing trouble ? ? ? Wether i come in at 5.30 or 5.00 THE SAME JOBS GETTING DONE ! ! ! ! !

Jeez is it REALLY that hard ? ? ? ?
mr deeds
Posts: 212
Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
Gender: Female

Re: Why start early?

Post by mr deeds »

DGP1 wrote:FFS I'm finding it more and more difficult to come in on time these days................not that it matter because I still get out with the others who do start early :hmmmm I think most of them are not very good.................or I just brilliant :Very Happy

your brilliant of course :Very Happy
mr deeds
Posts: 212
Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
Gender: Female

Re: Why start early?

Post by mr deeds »

calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .

This is an example for ME

Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.

If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .

Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !

SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .

YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
Last edited by mr deeds on 02 Mar 2011, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

Explain yourself then idiot and not name call like a child .

Is it cause you CANT ? ? ? probably .
celerycelery
Posts: 675
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44

Re: Why start early?

Post by celerycelery »

calpsy wrote:Explain yourself then idiot and not name call like a child .

Is it cause you CANT ? ? ? probably .
serious question - Do you not have to work your hours at your place? I thought that job and finish had ended. If our finishing time is say 14.00 then even if we come in an hour early we still have to stay till 14.00 and not 13.00. I thought this was the case across the country since crozier came out with the "work the hours your paid for" quote.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by calpsy »

In our office and the ones either side of it ( postcodes ) We all finish when we post last letter .

I understand that someone who comes in early and has to work till their hours WOULD be stupid . As i dont then i dont understand the problem some people have .

I start half an hour early i finish half an hour earlt . SIMPLES ! ! :left:
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by malcolm3011 »

calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .

This is an example for ME

Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.

If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .

Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !

SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .

YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?

That is the reason rounds are being collapsed in offices :arrrghhh
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Why start early?

Post by Royal_Fail »

Job and Finish is alive and well in our office people come in early,leave office early and get done for lunch time.

Hopefully P&L will end all this but somehow i doubt it.