ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why start early?
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Why start early?
Theres one thing i can't get me head round,and thats the amount of idiots on delivery who start early.This is just a delivery problem,as at my MC out of say 100 staff,you prob get 1 or 2 who come in maybe 10mins early to prep their areas.Why do most of the DO staff come in early?I know some do to get away early,but even then is it really worth it?Why don't the reps do more to stop this activity?
same as it ever was...
-
beeswax
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 09:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
i wouldnt say most, prob less than 10% in our DO.
how would the union stop it? injuctions perhaps?
how would the union stop it? injuctions perhaps?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Why start early?
FFS I'm finding it more and more difficult to come in on time these days................not that it matter because I still get out with the others who do start early
I think most of them are not very good.................or I just brilliant 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
This is brought up all the time .
This is an example for ME
Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.
If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .
Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !
SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .
YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
This is an example for ME
Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.
If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .
Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !
SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .
YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
-
Thehair
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 22:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
WHY WHY WHY???? come back early, ideal for a lapsing opportunity and less hours in the office FFS. coming to an office near you soon.calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .
This is an example for ME
Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.
If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .
Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !
SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .
YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
Blah Blah Blah ................. BORING ! ! ! ! Heard it all before .
I finish I go home . Do YOU go back and ask for more ??? Thought not .
I stand by my comments AND you know im right .
I finish I go home . Do YOU go back and ask for more ??? Thought not .
I stand by my comments AND you know im right .
-
hatetheboss
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back Of Beyond
Re: Why start early?
Calpsy,
you are the type of person that is causing trouble for the rest who start on time and believe me when I say, one day you will pay for your stupidity.
you are the type of person that is causing trouble for the rest who start on time and believe me when I say, one day you will pay for your stupidity.
They are coming to take us away
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
Will i just quote myself after every daft comment from people who just believe the scaremongerers ? ? ?calpsy wrote:Blah Blah Blah ................. BORING ! ! ! ! Heard it all before .
I finish I go home . Do YOU go back and ask for more ??? Thought not .
I stand by my comments AND you know im right .
And WHY THE HELL am i causing trouble ? ? ? Wether i come in at 5.30 or 5.00 THE SAME JOBS GETTING DONE ! ! ! ! !
Jeez is it REALLY that hard ? ? ? ?
-
mr deeds
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
- Gender: Female
Re: Why start early?
DGP1 wrote:FFS I'm finding it more and more difficult to come in on time these days................not that it matter because I still get out with the others who do start earlyI think most of them are not very good.................or I just brilliant
your brilliant of course
-
mr deeds
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 17:23
- Gender: Female
Re: Why start early?
calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .
This is an example for ME
Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.
If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .
Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !
SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .
YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
Last edited by mr deeds on 02 Mar 2011, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
Explain yourself then idiot and not name call like a child .
Is it cause you CANT ? ? ? probably .
Is it cause you CANT ? ? ? probably .
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: Why start early?
serious question - Do you not have to work your hours at your place? I thought that job and finish had ended. If our finishing time is say 14.00 then even if we come in an hour early we still have to stay till 14.00 and not 13.00. I thought this was the case across the country since crozier came out with the "work the hours your paid for" quote.calpsy wrote:Explain yourself then idiot and not name call like a child .
Is it cause you CANT ? ? ? probably .
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
In our office and the ones either side of it ( postcodes ) We all finish when we post last letter .
I understand that someone who comes in early and has to work till their hours WOULD be stupid . As i dont then i dont understand the problem some people have .
I start half an hour early i finish half an hour earlt . SIMPLES ! !
I understand that someone who comes in early and has to work till their hours WOULD be stupid . As i dont then i dont understand the problem some people have .
I start half an hour early i finish half an hour earlt . SIMPLES ! !
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
calpsy wrote:This is brought up all the time .
This is an example for ME
Lets say I start at 5.30am on a Saturday and get finished for about 11am.
If I come in at 5am then I get finished for 10.30am .
Whats hard to understand . Start early = get away early = HOME EARLY ! ! ! !
SAME hours SAME pay SAME result .
YET some moan about it ! ! ! ! ! ! WHY FFS ? ? ?
That is the reason rounds are being collapsed in offices
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Why start early?
Job and Finish is alive and well in our office people come in early,leave office early and get done for lunch time.
Hopefully P&L will end all this but somehow i doubt it.
Hopefully P&L will end all this but somehow i doubt it.