ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Harrington Jacket..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Bring Back The HARRINGTON JACKET...!

1. YES
144
91%
2. NO
14
9%
 
Total votes: 158

PostieWithTheMostie!
Posts: 322
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
Gender: Male

Harrington Jacket..

Post by PostieWithTheMostie! »

I've still got a Harrington Jacket thou it's nearing the end of its days, so was wondering how many people would also like to see the return of this Jacket which i'd say is the best piece of uniform i've had from RM... I'd write a letter to the Courier but as i don't even open this Mag when it comes through the door as it simply goes straight into the bin, now we know RM read this site so fingers~crossed this gets the ball rolling for it's return..
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by janitor »

Voted yes but would much rather see the return of the thermal coat, the one you could unzip the sleeves .
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12189
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I think I saw in this month's Courier that the new style uniform is to be issued nationwide, haven't got my copy of the Courier to hand to check.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by clashcityrocker »

I've still got a Harrington.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
djchrisc
Posts: 43
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 11:47
Gender: Male

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by djchrisc »

I love my Harrington jacket, its getting a bit worn out but much better than anything issued recently
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad: I think I must be the only person wqho didn't like the harringtons! I found they never covered my beam end, and every time I had to bend over and get something from the bag. it would ride up my back! I prefer, and still use the old thermals with detachable sleeves. Luckily, we have had so many starts over the years, who came and went, there is still a plentiful supply in the store room, and I can still get the odd pair of clerk shoes from there too!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by DGP1 »

stokes11eg wrote::sad: I think I must be the only person wqho didn't like the harringtons! I found they never covered my beam end, and every time I had to bend over and get something from the bag. it would ride up my back! I prefer, and still use the old thermals with detachable sleeves. Luckily, we have had so many starts over the years, who came and went, there is still a plentiful supply in the store room, and I can still get the odd pair of clerk shoes from there too!
The things you say on here :wink: :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by stokes11eg »

:d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! Oh god--I'll need to start rephrasing ANYTHING that might be suggestive-- :d'oh!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Harrington Jacket..

Post by DGP1 »

stokes11eg wrote::d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! Oh god--I'll need to start rephrasing ANYTHING that might be suggestive-- :d'oh!
:Very Happy :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
postalstar
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Jul 2016, 14:58
Gender: Male

Harrington Jacket..

Post by postalstar »

I'd go further and say bring back the whole uniform, proper black shoes, light blue shirts and trousers matching the jacket, it was a smart looking uniform, not like today with posties wearing trainers, any old colour cargo shorts and those awful red polo shirts, they just look like a bag of crap running around.
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

Harrington Jacket..

Post by simply_the_best »

I had my Harrington for 14 years and was gutted as I knew it was nearing the end of it's use when luckily for me one of the guys was clearing out his locker and had a brand new one my size still in the wrapper, which I got :thumbup


It's easily the best bit of uniform we've had in my 15 years although no doubt if they were to reissue them they'd manage to find a cheaper inferior version!!
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Harrington Jacket..

Post by greengiant »

postalstar wrote:I'd go further and say bring back the whole uniform, proper black shoes, light blue shirts and trousers matching the jacket, it was a smart looking uniform, not like today with posties wearing trainers, any old colour cargo shorts and those awful red polo shirts, they just look like a bag of crap running around.
Postmansknock.jpg
Like this you mean? With top hat and side burns? And a waistcoat and high waisted breeches? :cool :chuckle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Harrington Jacket..

Post by NWpostie »

greengiant wrote:
postalstar wrote:I'd go further and say bring back the whole uniform, proper black shoes, light blue shirts and trousers matching the jacket, it was a smart looking uniform, not like today with posties wearing trainers, any old colour cargo shorts and those awful red polo shirts, they just look like a bag of crap running around.
Postmansknock.jpg
Like this you mean? With top hat and side burns? And a waistcoat and high waisted breeches? :cool :chuckle

This Hipster movement is getting ridiculous :chuckle
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Jupitor5
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2014, 17:28
Gender: Male

Harrington Jacket..

Post by Jupitor5 »

Thermal jacket with removable sleeves. Easily the best bit of uniform we've been issued.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Harrington Jacket..

Post by Nigel1505 »

Padraig has quite a few. If you are not into golf then this will mean nothing. :nana