ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Harrington Jacket..
-
PostieWithTheMostie!
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
I've still got a Harrington Jacket thou it's nearing the end of its days, so was wondering how many people would also like to see the return of this Jacket which i'd say is the best piece of uniform i've had from RM... I'd write a letter to the Courier but as i don't even open this Mag when it comes through the door as it simply goes straight into the bin, now we know RM read this site so fingers~crossed this gets the ball rolling for it's return..
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Harrington Jacket..
Voted yes but would much rather see the return of the thermal coat, the one you could unzip the sleeves .
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Harrington Jacket..
I think I saw in this month's Courier that the new style uniform is to be issued nationwide, haven't got my copy of the Courier to hand to check.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Harrington Jacket..
I've still got a Harrington.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
djchrisc
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 11:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Harrington Jacket..
I love my Harrington jacket, its getting a bit worn out but much better than anything issued recently
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Harrington Jacket..
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Harrington Jacket..
The things you say on herestokes11eg wrote:I think I must be the only person wqho didn't like the harringtons! I found they never covered my beam end, and every time I had to bend over and get something from the bag. it would ride up my back! I prefer, and still use the old thermals with detachable sleeves. Luckily, we have had so many starts over the years, who came and went, there is still a plentiful supply in the store room, and I can still get the odd pair of clerk shoes from there too!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Harrington Jacket..
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Harrington Jacket..
stokes11eg wrote:![]()
![]()
Oh god--I'll need to start rephrasing ANYTHING that might be suggestive--
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
postalstar
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 27 Jul 2016, 14:58
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
I'd go further and say bring back the whole uniform, proper black shoes, light blue shirts and trousers matching the jacket, it was a smart looking uniform, not like today with posties wearing trainers, any old colour cargo shorts and those awful red polo shirts, they just look like a bag of crap running around.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Harrington Jacket..
I had my Harrington for 14 years and was gutted as I knew it was nearing the end of it's use when luckily for me one of the guys was clearing out his locker and had a brand new one my size still in the wrapper, which I got
It's easily the best bit of uniform we've had in my 15 years although no doubt if they were to reissue them they'd manage to find a cheaper inferior version!!
It's easily the best bit of uniform we've had in my 15 years although no doubt if they were to reissue them they'd manage to find a cheaper inferior version!!
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
Like this you mean? With top hat and side burns? And a waistcoat and high waisted breeches?postalstar wrote:I'd go further and say bring back the whole uniform, proper black shoes, light blue shirts and trousers matching the jacket, it was a smart looking uniform, not like today with posties wearing trainers, any old colour cargo shorts and those awful red polo shirts, they just look like a bag of crap running around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Harrington Jacket..
greengiant wrote:Like this you mean? With top hat and side burns? And a waistcoat and high waisted breeches?postalstar wrote:I'd go further and say bring back the whole uniform, proper black shoes, light blue shirts and trousers matching the jacket, it was a smart looking uniform, not like today with posties wearing trainers, any old colour cargo shorts and those awful red polo shirts, they just look like a bag of crap running around.![]()
This Hipster movement is getting ridiculous
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Jupitor5
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 07 May 2014, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
Thermal jacket with removable sleeves. Easily the best bit of uniform we've been issued.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
Padraig has quite a few. If you are not into golf then this will mean nothing. 