ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Personal assurance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
manc_daddy
Posts: 43
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 14:39

Personal assurance

Post by manc_daddy »

Does any 1 else get this deducted from the wages and whats it for ?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Personal assurance

Post by DGP1 »

That'll be your managers bonus (and from now on, the union bribe) :nervous


Seriously though, it's probably some insurance policy you've taken out, those people who turn up at your office and disturb you when your trying to work.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: Personal assurance

Post by venger »

Yeah some bullshit insurance policy that pays out if you die or get taken ill or some s**t. I have it.
demon
Posts: 732
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
Gender: Female

Re: Personal assurance

Post by demon »

anyone now how much royal mail have to pay you to medicley get rid of you after a accident on duty
Postman70
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 11:08
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by Postman70 »

Hi, I have personal assurance on my payslip, and how do I deal with it, been paying them every week 1.88...
and I'm trying to find out HOW to get in touch with them, name of it, phone number? nothing on the payslip(!)
and what it's for? I lost the plot when they raided the sorting office and disturb me when I'm trying to work on a big duty.
I thinks it's probably some insurance policy I have taken out. reason for this because I was injured at work duty for long time.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by POSTMAN »

Phone up HR,number on the back of your payslips,if you don't want it,get them to cancel it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Postman70
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 11:08
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by Postman70 »

POSTMAN wrote:Phone up HR,number on the back of your payslips,if you don't want it,get them to cancel it.
Cheers for info, I will try sort this out with HR and possibly cancelled it as it's doesn't do anything good out of it?!
Jynxx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 198
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by Jynxx »

Had them turn up few weeks ago trying to sell some insurance or other figured it out you would have to be in hospital 3 times in a year to get your money back from it.
They even try some hard selling when u say I'll think about it "oh I need the decision today as the offer will be closed tomorrow etc etc" load of rubbish
It annoys me that these people are allowed in the workplace to drag u away from work drivel on for 20 mins basically wasting your time.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Sounded a good deal at the time, but sod's law we have not had need to claim anything since the weekly deductions. :d'oh!
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by DemonPostie »

I got it only because I knew I would use it. My missus was going into hospital for a major hip operation, and I knew she was going to be in for at least two weeks. The guy came to my office to sell it to me a couple weeks before the operation, and assured me that it covered pre-existing conditions. I told him straight up that I would be claiming at least a thousand pounds off them within the month, and he said he didn't really care, he was paid commission regardless. :) He even gave me the number to ring to cancel it.

So, I paid a total of about 15 quid to them, got about 1400 back a month later, and cancelled it as soon as the cheque cleared. Nice.


Unless you KNOW you are going to use it, it's not really worth it. How many nights do you spend in the hospital every year?
michael7569
Posts: 10
Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 15:59

Re: Personal assurance

Post by michael7569 »

Anyone know who to contact about this.Im not sure if this is true but does it include your children if they are in hospital.
CaptainSi
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 18:30
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by CaptainSi »

Does anyone know any contact info for the personal assurance company?
I can't find the paperwork and HR aren't answering the phones
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by A2B »

CaptainSi wrote:Does anyone know any contact info for the personal assurance company?
I can't find the paperwork and HR aren't answering the phones
http://www.personal-group.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by greengiant »

Like most things, handy if you need to claim off it. Reminds me I need to phone them tomorrow to organise another claim due to recent knee op! Extra ££ handy this time of year!
mancpat
Posts: 85
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by mancpat »

This annoys the s**t out of me. I go to work to earn money not to have some salesman pestering me. Every year they're at this.
Why do Royal mail even allow it. I've seen so many people harassed into signing up for this over the years because they're the type who can't say no.

By all means let them sit in a corner and leave a flyer on your frame if you want to go to them but the opening line of "can I have a word with you about the benefits you're entitled to?" Is just blatant lies. It should be "have you got a few minutes so I can pressurise you into paying onto this scheme so I can get my commission"