ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

My post round begins in Bland Rd.I then turn into Boring Avenue and finish in Dull Street.Yet when we get missorts from around the country they all have great names - Pear Tree Orchard Way, Badgers Sett, and my favourite Soldiers Field to name but 3.I spend my whole time on IPS wishing, to misquote Baudelaire (as every thread should at least once)I was anywhere,anywhere out of this DO.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3220
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by Acca Dacca »

I once came across a Balshagray Avenue and tee hee hee'd im ashamed to admit
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Acca Dacca wrote:I once came across a Balshagray Avenue and tee hee hee'd im ashamed to admit
When you say you CAME across .......? Surely it wasn't that exciting?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
GHOSTman
Posts: 283
Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 08:48
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by GHOSTman »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:I once came across a Balshagray Avenue and tee hee hee'd im ashamed to admit
When you say you CAME across .......? Surely it wasn't that exciting?
It was the CLIMAX of his morning........sorry! I'll get my coat. :wave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Missorts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

LTS Lane.jpg
Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by fishtank »

Terriers End, Tring, Buckinghamshire. :shock:


The end is in sight TBT. :chuckle :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Missorts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Missorts

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:Terriers End, Tring, Buckinghamshire. :shock:


The end is in sight TBT. :chuckle :chuckle
Does :cfo live there :hmmmm
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Two more today:
The "HOOT"
Twigworth Meadows
And a place called Mutsilver Mews,Longlevens.

If,when it came to lapsing ,I got Mutsilver Mews I would do it happily.
Unfortunately it's always the Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Saylittle mews
Longlevens
Gloucester
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Apparently in 12th Century Oxford there used to be a road called Gropecunt Lane. It was the red light district.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by fishtank »

We have a couple of cottages up on a hill
One is called....Seefar and the one directly behind it with no view is called........Noseefar. :chuckle :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by hampshireman »

clashcityrocker wrote:Apparently in 12th Century Oxford there used to be a road called Gropecunt Lane. It was the red light district.
I've heard about that one before... It might even be true!!!

I have one called W%nkers Drive (actually I made that up)
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

hampshireman wrote:
I have one called W%nkers Drive (actually I made that up)
I think several of my colleagues actually live there.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Missorts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:Apparently in 12th Century Oxford there used to be a road called Gropecunt Lane. It was the red light district.
and one in London as well http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0& ... a2,,,0,-31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grub Lane.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.