ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Tips
-
clitheroesnumber1postie
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Apr 2008, 16:23
Christmas Tips
Probably open a can of worms here but what does everyone think about christmas tips? In my opinion all the tips should be pooled into one pot. I know that some post people get more tips than others but do we spare a thought for PHG's/spare/reserves? Reserves do exactly the same job when regular postmen are on holiday so shouldn't we be sharing christmas tips with these people? I was given a christmas tip today for the round that I am covering(not my actual round but the person who normally is on it is off sick) and when that person returns to work I shall give them the tip. I don't want to hear the "seniroity" instance as I have 25 years plus experience but I think it is unfair that reserves don't get tips. Mind you it might only be in our office that we don't pool, or I am just honest?
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Christmas Tips
I have'nt had a xmas tip for years, that'll teach me for doing the thankless task of Callers. I doubt I will get any this year either as I don't have my own walk. My mate got a tip today, a tenner and a bottle of white wine, she gave me the wine as she don't drink 
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Christmas Tips
When you hear some regular getting 300 quids on tips or thereabout and you only get about a fiver as you are reserve postman. It is not fair. I probably got about 11 pounds in total in last three years :(
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Christmas Tips
I share mine with my float as he does it on my days off so as far as im concerned he deserves a portion of the takings it's only fair
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Christmas Tips
i get nothing,its just the type of walk
thats the way it goes.
as for PHG's well thats thier problem(ive just come out of the locker & back on my walk)
they get to miss the heavy lugging and weather etc so ya takes the rough with the smooth
thats the way it goes.
as for PHG's well thats thier problem(ive just come out of the locker & back on my walk)
they get to miss the heavy lugging and weather etc so ya takes the rough with the smooth
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Christmas Tips
Whoever gets the tip, gets to keep it, at least that's how it works in my DO.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
greynut
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 15:36
- Location: Shitsville
Christmas Tips
I got a good tip today....... start learning Dutch........or German................... 
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Christmas Tips
I'm the Crimbo office bitch this year ( ADSO ), so I expect nothing.....but I was doing packets on my old walk a couple of weeks ago & got £10! And the other day, I was called into the RoD, and a customer on a walk I've done for about 6 weeks this year ( after getting trained on it ) gave me £10 after asking specifically for me! Should I give it to the regular postie then? Divvy it fairly with all that have done it this year? If I was the reserve for one duty with a right miserable bast*rd ( who is always tip less ), should I demand my rep or the screws remove him from the duty cos he is damaging my chance of tips ( he might not care about not getting any, but I would! )
Anyway, on the subject of divvying, for the past two years, I've sorted my driver & float fairly ( and cos he is often moved around, also to another that frequently covers the float on our group )......and every one of them has had me forcing the money on them ( the driver has still turned it down everytime )!
Anyway, on the subject of divvying, for the past two years, I've sorted my driver & float fairly ( and cos he is often moved around, also to another that frequently covers the float on our group )......and every one of them has had me forcing the money on them ( the driver has still turned it down everytime )!
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
uprising95
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 30 Aug 2008, 12:44
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
i was lucky the other day i swapped a round with a bloke and got £10 tips glad i did now lol

Heavy Bags Or What
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Christmas Tips
Because I'm a reserve I never get any tips so I never look for them.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
darth
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 385
- Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:00
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
i give some to the floater but if i have had a wally replace me i will give nowt.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Christmas Tips
I was offered £1 by an elderly lady yesterday who said "I hope this is enough love, I don't know what the going rate is now" I told her the going rate was 50p and she was very generous - made her day and mine !
Starting from scratch this year - after several years on a very generous walk I lost most of it in the Pegasus revision so I don't expect much - I've told anyone helping me out to keep anything they are offered as they deserve it as much as I do.
I take tips as a compliment rather than a reward - the fact that people are pleased with the service shows that we are succeeding in providing one despite our company's efforts to destroy it.
Starting from scratch this year - after several years on a very generous walk I lost most of it in the Pegasus revision so I don't expect much - I've told anyone helping me out to keep anything they are offered as they deserve it as much as I do.
I take tips as a compliment rather than a reward - the fact that people are pleased with the service shows that we are succeeding in providing one despite our company's efforts to destroy it.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Christmas Tips
axeman wrote:I share mine with my float as he does it on my days off so as far as im concerned he deserves a portion of the takings it's only fair
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Christmas Tips
I work my floaters day off for his xmas tip, he then has two days off together, he prefers that than £30.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Christmas Tips
I was wondering where to send mine this year as mine went to Burslem last year. I think 1/2 to Shelter and 1/2 to BLESMA http://www.blesma.org/linkinpark wrote:My tips went to Burslem last year (less a couple of pints sorry!) and are going to the homeless this year! It aint my money i did not earn it but i still love people that say thanks for your hard work i did in the year but looking at the sh*t weather we go through for a few hours in 24 hours in WINTER i like to think the tips may be of help for someone turfed out of their house and i have 2 on my walk that have ended up with nothing.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AJUH8RofH ... annel_page
Sorry TBT![]()
![]()
Perfect song
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.