ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone else jacked it in this year?

Forum for our ex Royal Mail Group colleagues.This is an open forum.
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Anyone else jacked it in this year?

Post by nutcracker »

Technician14 wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 10:14
Hi guys, on the topic of people leaving I’m starting soon. Semi retired and just fancied something part time . Outdoors and exercise. I do find it quite alarming thou that there seems to be in extremely quick turnaround in staff in the Post Office these days. Can you give me your thoughts on why this would be ? Would appreciate it.
Mainly because of the outdoors and exercise…it can be extreme.

Sainsbury’s now pay £13 per hour near me, and 10% off groceries to be indoors….
Beanyjazz wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.

richietns

Post by richietns »

Technician14 wrote:
Hi guys, on the topic of people leaving I’m starting soon. Semi retired and just fancied something part time . Outdoors and exercise. I do find it quite alarming thou that there seems to be in extremely quick turnaround in staff in the Post Office these days. Can you give me your thoughts on why this would be ? Would appreciate it.
Most people outside the business think its easy just sorting a few letters and parcels on the morning and walking around with one bag and some parcels how hard can it be,in truth its quite fast paced from the minute you start and in the good old days before home delivery the rounds were manageable now they are purposely made to big so it can be stressful trying to even finish on time personaly ide rather do shop work if its for semi retirement I done it when younger,when you start walking 8 to 10 miles a day the post isn't really a wind down job.
SMS1969

Post by SMS1969 »

nutcracker wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 13:56
Technician14 wrote:
Mainly because of the outdoors and exercise…it can be extreme.

Sainsbury’s now pay £13 per hour near me, and 10% off groceries to be indoors….
Been there done that-
First day my shift was 6.30-14.30
Next day 14.45-23.45
And so on.
No thanks.