ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone else jacked it in this year?

Forum for our ex Royal Mail Group colleagues.This is an open forum.
mwalker88
EX ROYAL MAIL

Anyone else jacked it in this year?

Post by mwalker88 »

The last few pressures/cutbacks/revisions since 2019 was the end of the 'job for life' I took 16/17 years ago.

Jacked it in earlier this year for a better job. Better people, better shift pattern, better culture.

Anyone else? Wish I'd done it a decade ago

richietns

Re: Anyone else jacked it in this year?

Post by richietns »

Its not that black and white there's still alot of inferior jobs,some people on here have left and actually asked questions around reapplying,the grass isn't always greener.
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

I'd assume if someone's jacked it in they wouldn't still bother posting on here.
SMS1969

Post by SMS1969 »

Most of those leaving say they are on more money in a better job, but won’t reveal what their new job is. :hmmmm
Sean06

Post by Sean06 »

ted_e_bear wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 16:27
I'd assume if someone's jacked it in they wouldn't still bother posting on here.
Well said :Applause :Applause :Applause .
HarrySutton

Post by HarrySutton »

Why shouldn't he?
Sean06

Post by Sean06 »

HarrySutton wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 17:09
Why shouldn't he?
Why should they if they jacked it in WHY CARE.
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

ted_e_bear wrote:
Depends how they feel about an expected job for life being modified beyond recognition and physical ability. One might feel bitter enough to be unable to mentally move on. I've seen some colleagues who did spend a lifetime in the job start their retirement with a lot of anger about how things transpired.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

Mr Rush wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 17:20
ted_e_bear wrote:
Depends how they feel about an expected job for life being modified beyond recognition and physical ability. One might feel bitter enough to be unable to mentally move on. I've seen some colleagues who did spend a lifetime in the job start their retirement with a lot of anger about how things transpired.
Good point I can sympathise with someone in that situation, mind you the op hasn't spent a lifetime, said started 16/17 years ago, I've done 25 years and whilst it was considerably better than now it wasn't the "good old days" even then.
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

ted_e_bear wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 17:43
Mr Rush wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 17:20
ted_e_bear wrote:
Good point I can sympathise with someone in that situation, mind you the op hasn't spent a lifetime, said started 16/17 years ago, I've done 25 years and whilst it was considerably better than now it wasn't the "good old days" even then.
Eh, we've got guys that started during early P&L reminiscing misty-eyed to new starts about the glory days of 2013 when you could clear the walk, do the lapsing, and still finish early on a Tuesday even after losing 30 minutes stuck in WTLL. The only constant is that it seems to get worse.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
Constance
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Constance »

Left this year. New job better in all fronts. Money terms and conditions job satisfaction. I can't say what I do because of the nature of the job. I still post and read the chats because I care about what is happening to the guys and gals still slogging it out and if I can support anyone I will do. I'm a people person. Did almost 10 years and after a day during covid working xmas pressure in minus 10 chill factor. I thought "what the fcuk am I doing this sh!t for ?" and applied for every job going. Took 2 years to get out. I've got to say the new shoes would have been the deal breaker for me but my magnums saw me out the door.
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

I'll be honest the job is so s**t now for customers and they have cut our conditions and do not give a flying fig about the uso this xmas has been the easiest in 26 years,i go in not giving a hoots about anyone or anything do as little as possible (why would you give your all lol)and ive only been doing a couple of loops a day and the rest of my hours been driving around slowly in a nice warm van, you could call it stealing a living ,if its going to stay like this i might stay and see my time out :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
1560loopsayear

Post by 1560loopsayear »

Until they pull the code of conduct flag, and target you for not pulling your weight. The pressure is on for those on older contracts.
richietns

Post by richietns »

1560loopsayear wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 17:19
Until they pull the code of conduct flag, and target you for not pulling your weight. The pressure is on for those on older contracts.
I dont think they can lose anybody until we go 5 days if it ever happens.
Technician14

Post by Technician14 »

Hi guys, on the topic of people leaving I’m starting soon. Semi retired and just fancied something part time . Outdoors and exercise. I do find it quite alarming thou that there seems to be in extremely quick turnaround in staff in the Post Office these days. Can you give me your thoughts on why this would be ? Would appreciate it.