ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mail delays hit Horsham as postmen test positive for Covid-19

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Mail delays hit Horsham as postmen test positive for Covid-19

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/pe ... 19-3090060

A number of postmen in Horsham have tested positive for coronavirus - leading to mail delivery delays in the district.

Some people in the town say they have not received any post since before Christmas.

People in Partridge Green, Rudgwick, Rusper, Barns Green and Faygate are also reporting problems.

A spokesman for Royal Mail said that seven postmen were currently off work at the Horsham delivery office after testing positive for Covid-19 and that other offices around the country were also affected.

Many people have taken to social media to query what has happened to their post describing the situation as ‘a bit worrying.’

But most are sympathetic to the postmen and grateful to them ‘for delivering in all weathers.

The Royal Mail spokesman said: “Every item of mail is important to Royal Mail. We are working hard to deliver the most comprehensive service we can to all our customers in challenging circumstances.

“Despite our best endeavours, it is possible that some areas of the country may on occasion experience a temporary reduction in service levels due to coronavirus-related absences and necessary social distancing measures at their local mail centre or delivery office.

“In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing a normal service as quickly as we can. We always endeavour to keep our customers as informed as we can of any changes to our services.

“We have a dedicated section on our website https://www.royalmail.com/coronavirus.

“Throughout this crisis, every decision we make puts the health of our people and customers first.

“We were the first UK company to put in place social-distancing measures in relation to parcel delivery. We pioneered contact-free delivery.

“Standard ways of working have been revised to ensure that colleagues stay two metres apart at all times”.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."