ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail commits to providing protective equipment after strikes

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.andoveradvertiser.co.uk/new ... t-strikes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ROYAL Mail has committed more than £25 million to protect its staff during the coronavirus crisis following strikes across the country, including Winchester.

The company has begun handing out hand sanitiser, soap, cleaning equipment, along with personal protective equipment (PPE).

Earlier this month staff at the Winnall Manor Road delivery office walked out over unsafe working conditions and concerns over a lack of PPE being provided by the organisation.

Employees returned to work after they were given assurances that the protective equipment would be organised for them.

Shane O’Riordain, managing director of marketing, regulation and corporate affairs, Royal Mail said: “We have committed over £25 million to buying equipment such as hand sanitiser, disposable gloves and other additional protective measures to keep our people safe as they keep the UK connected during the ongoing lockdown.“This includes distributing half a million bottles of hand sanitiser through our operation in recent weeks. As well as increasing supplies of hand sanitiser, soap, cleaning equipment and disposable gloves, we have used this significant cash sum to source face masks for those who want them.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Janet Brum

Post by Janet Brum »

And how come we don`t have soap and paper hand towels and masks in my office ? Probably many of the other offices are in the same situation.

Apart from one small hand sanitizer bottle per week and gloves we have nothing else.