ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Coronavirus: M&S store staff( and others) get bonus for coming into work

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
Flashman_

Post by Flashman_ »

I expect Rico would send flowers to you or your family members funeral, except Coronavirus victims may not get a proper one, so hell be off the hook for even that.

wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by wacko74 »

Williaal2 wrote:Difference is those companies are making money hand over first. The royal mail on the other hand is seeing its profitable overseas business destroyed, marketing mail tanking, mass absence due to illness, do i need to go on?
I do agree with this.

What I find a bit odd is that RM bosses don't appear to be asking for any government help towards the additional costs we're currently incurring as a result of that same government deeming us to be a ''key industry'' which has to keep operating.

Just about everyone else from facebook cupcake makers to Billionaire Branson and Premier League football clubs are receiving various forms of financial help so that they don't have to ''bear the brunt'' of the costs of CV19... yet our bosses seem rather shy about asking for help towards our additional costs.
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by tractorboy2 »

Sputters2017 wrote:The difference is they value their staff unlike royal mail .
Yes , they value them that much which is why they are only just paid a little more than minimum wage.
Woody Guthrie

Post by Woody Guthrie »

tractorboy2 wrote:
Yes , they value them that much which is why they are only just paid a little more than minimum wage.
Pay is not a measure of how much a company cares about you.
Pay is market driven.

If Royal Mail could convince enough people to do this job for minimum wage and not have such a high turnover of staff to make the whole thing impractical they would.
Only dead fish follow the current
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by tractorboy2 »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
tractorboy2 wrote:
Pay is not a measure of how much a company cares about you.
Pay is market driven.

If Royal Mail could convince enough people to do this job for minimum wage and not have such a high turnover of staff to make the whole thing impractical they would.
Or shop workers have s**t unions (which is actually true). You haven't got to that far back to see how Asda employees were treated , same goes for Tesco and Sainsbury.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Sugar »

And I heard today from a friend who works at M&S that if they get furlough M&S are going to pay the extra 20% on top of the governments 80% to keep them on full pay till this is over.
TheStrangler

Post by TheStrangler »

Williaal2 wrote:Difference is those companies are making money hand over first. The royal mail on the other hand is seeing its profitable overseas business destroyed, marketing mail tanking, mass absence due to illness, do i need to go on?
On the flip side I think you'll find that actually RM are doing rather well what with everyone ordering parcels galore online what with them being stuck at home all day!