ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail deliveries under threat

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
gary1975

Post by gary1975 »

rambo1 wrote:
SSkUNkY wrote:'If the Government doesn’t accept our offer, in THREE WEEKS we will have to look again at our support for the key worker status.'

How about look again on MONDAY morning while you are 'working' from home.
So. Now we know it was the cwu who pushed the GOVT on giving us key worker status. Thank you CWU. Not.
Also I doubt Royal Mail would want us all at home getting paid while the parcels backlog will just build up, it would cause more disruption to the business than we ever could by going on strike.

HTPostman

Post by HTPostman »

rambo1 wrote:
Williaal2 wrote:
SSkUNkY wrote:'If the Government doesn’t accept our offer, in THREE WEEKS we will have to look again at our support for the key worker status.'

How about look again on MONDAY morning while you are 'working' from home.
Its 3 weeks because by then the govt will have banned all non essential business, not just retail, so royal mail will be delivering nothing but mail for other essential businesses.
If mails gonna be that light, why don't royal mail just keep a skeleton staff who want to work through it, and furlough ( or whatever it's called) the rest who don't, and save money, get the GOVT to pay us 80% of our wages for being good at home? If they said who wants to stay at home for the next two months on 80% pay and your job is safe to come back to, there would be a lot of hands go up .
Because I’m in no doubt RM and the Govt will have come to an agreement. I think I’m right in saying we are one of the biggest workforce’s in the country? So there’s no way the government would want to add a huge percentage of us to their ever increasing furlough bill.

The only thing we can do is unite as one, walkout and get the message out to the public about what’s going on. Sadly the general public don’t even understand a simple ‘stay indoors’ so I doubt they’d understand our reasons.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

circles

Post by circles »

Renationilised

This week's farce in delivery offices has totally exposed just how poorly Royal Mail has been run since privatisation and will prove to be the end of Rico.

Share price is down the crapper too so the parties over for the money men.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

circles wrote:Renationilised

This week's farce in delivery offices has totally exposed just how poorly Royal Mail has been run since privatisation and will prove to be the end of Rico.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some bus and train companies get nationalised shortly as well. BA probably won't be nationalised as it's owned by a Spanish company.
LouBarlow

Post by LouBarlow »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
circles wrote:Renationilised

I wouldn't be surprised to see some bus and train companies get nationalised shortly as well. BA probably won't be nationalised as it's owned by a Spanish company.
The railways have already been renationalised. Just last week. Temporarily, but it will be permanent.
barcajr

Post by barcajr »

While on delivery, had no end of people thanking me for carrying on working