ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Oxted hit by Royal Mail delays due to short staffing brought on by Covid isolation

Coronavirus news articles only.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Oxted hit by Royal Mail delays due to short staffing brought on by Covid isolation

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... s-22706317

People who are expecting deliveries might have a longer wait

Royal Mail deliveries are being delayed in one Surrey town because of short staffing partly due to high levels of sickness and Covid isolation.

For most of the country, deliveries are operating as normal but Oxted is one of a number of areas across the UK being hit by delays due to a combination of Covid isolation, sickness, resourcing and "other local factors" according to the Royal Mail website.

The website continues: "In those cases we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers.

"We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

"We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will regularly update customers on the offices most impacted here."

Royal Mail operates six days a week and attempts to deliver to all addresses it has mail for.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."