not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Coronavirus?

12 Mar 2020, 18:47

What's RMs stance on an employee showing early signs of the virus but on a stage 2?
Just curious, fortunately I'm not in either situation.

Coronavirus?

12 Mar 2020, 19:37

Rumple wrote:What's RMs stance on an employee showing early signs of the virus but on a stage 2?

what stance you have been told by the government to stay at home go to work you are putting all at risk Just curious why ask about a stage if your not in either situation

Coronavirus?

12 Mar 2020, 20:08

Knowing Royal mail will probably put you on a stage 3.

Coronavirus?

12 Mar 2020, 20:53

I've actually asked a manager same question was told you will trigger a stage 3

Coronavirus?

12 Mar 2020, 21:02

Rumple wrote:What's RMs stance on an employee showing early signs of the virus but on a stage 2?

We have been told that until any formal direction is given then the normal attendance procedure remains. Not sure what happens if you are TOLD to go home and isolate that might be different???

Coronavirus?

12 Mar 2020, 21:56

I just found an interactive coronavirus map, it updates daily: https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/cor ... ctive-map/

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 08:04

viking1488 wrote:

Just curious why ask about a stage if your not in either situation

Because my frame is next to a lad who has been coughing a lot yesterday. When people told him to get home he said he can't coz he's on a stage 2.
Does that help satisfy your curiosity?

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 11:56

Rumple wrote:
viking1488 wrote:

Just curious why ask about a stage if your not in either situation

Because my frame is next to a lad who has been coughing a lot yesterday. When people told him to get home he said he can't coz he's on a stage 2.
Does that help satisfy your curiosity?

Just refuse to work next to him on health grounds, put the ball in there court.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 12:32

I very much doubt if you was positively tested for the virus that you would get a stage for it.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 15:47

POSTMAN wrote:I very much doubt if you was positively tested for the virus that you would get a stage for it.

Why not?
And you're unlikely to get tested now/soon.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 18:16

2 self isolaters in our DO today. The first phoned in with the symptoms and the other came in but looked like s**t and told them he was going back home. Both told they need proof of corona virus or will be dealt with under normal absence procedures. :mad

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 18:21

Hitcher wrote:2 self isolaters in our DO today. The first phoned in with the symptoms and the other came in but looked like s**t and told them he was going back home. Both told they need proof of corona virus or will be dealt with under normal absence procedures. :mad

How do u get proof if you are self isolating and it turns out to be normal flu or cold ?

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 18:26

Hitcher wrote:2 self isolaters in our DO today. The first phoned in with the symptoms and the other came in but looked like s**t and told them he was going back home. Both told they need proof of corona virus or will be dealt with under normal absence procedures. :mad

Tell them to print off the government advice given that anyone with even mild symptoms is to stay home. Any attempt to stage or reprimand should be met with a bullying and harassment case. I would then write to the local press, National Press and local MP about it.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 18:52

That is shocking. Just when you think our employers can't get any lower. I have a feeling their greed and uncaring attitude is going to severely bite them on the ass before this health crisis is over.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 19:05

sick to death asking for rm to supply anti bacterial hand wash and hand sanitiser im told soap is good enough this is total bullshit from rm from a business this size this is unbelievable the union are just as bad people still not washing hands managers just not saying anything about it i really dont know where this will all end rm just dont give a s**t as long as that mail is moving but this mail will stop rm need to wake up they are seriously not just putting your health at risk its everyone around you they just dont care we need to do something about this situation soon

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 19:13

hero22 wrote:How do u get proof if you are self isolating and it turns out to be normal flu or cold ?

This Budget announces that the Government and the NHS will bring forward a temporary alternative to the fit note in the coming weeks which can be used for the duration of the Covid-19 outbreak.'

According to Mr Sunak, the move would 'take pressure' of GP practices.

He said: 'This system will enable people who are advised to self-isolate to obtain a notification via NHS 111 which they can use as evidence for absence from work, where necessary. This notification would meet employers’ need for evidence, whilst taking pressure away from general practices.'

He added that 'employers should maintain records of staff absences, but should not require employees to provide a GP fit note'.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 20:10

why is everyone so bothered about getting a stage warning instead of putting for 1 your own heath for 2 if you have got the virus your putting everyone around you at risk why would you even think about going into work the way rm are going about this there will be a lot of the workforce on the sick and there wont be a lot they can do about it .... you have been told by the government if you have a high temp with a fever to stay home for 7 days i really dont see what the problem is here

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 20:21

viking1488 wrote:why is everyone so bothered about getting a stage warning instead of putting for 1 your own heath for 2 if you have got the virus your putting everyone around you at risk why would you even think about going into work the way rm are going about this there will be a lot of the workforce on the sick and there wont be a lot they can do about it .... you have been told by the government if you have a high temp with a fever to stay home for 7 days i really dont see what the problem is here

Because some people could lose their jobs as a result, and subsequently be unable to pay rent and lose their house over it. As far as I’m concerned, a manager who has told an employee in that position that they would face possible dismissal would bear responsible for any harm that may come to other people. Until the possibility is categorically ruled out, I can’t fault any employee who decides against risking a potentially job-ending absence.

Looking at the bigger picture, it’s a massive failure on the part of the Johnson government not to assuage such fears by temporarily insisting that employers cannot discipline staff who follow government advice on this.

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 20:30

viking1488 wrote:why is everyone so bothered about getting a stage warning instead of putting for 1 your own heath for 2 if you have got the virus your putting everyone around you at risk why would you even think about going into work the way rm are going about this there will be a lot of the workforce on the sick and there wont be a lot they can do about it .... you have been told by the government if you have a high temp with a fever to stay home for 7 days i really dont see what the problem is here

Because for a young healthy person. This virus probably won't do much harm, it might just be a mild cold or cough. Ordinarily, they wouldn't take time off, but the advice from the government is to self isolate if you have those symptoms. However, Royal Mail has no policy on whether following the government advice would count towards the attendance policy stages as per usual.

So people are complaining that the lack of a clarity, doesn't sit will with the advice from the Government, as people will ofcourse want to avoid triggering a stage. Royal Mail's silence on the matter will make people who have Covid-19 come into work and spread the disease around.

Also, the OP mentioned the scenario where somebody is already on a stage 2, but is showing symptoms. Triggering a stage 3, starts a process that can get you sacked. Would you rather come into work with a cough, or self isolate for 7 days and risk getting sacked?

Coronavirus?

13 Mar 2020, 20:39

Murdoch wrote:

Because for a young healthy person. This virus probably won't do much harm, it might just be a mild cold or cough. Ordinarily, they wouldn't take time off, but the advice from the government is to self isolate if you have those symptoms. However, Royal Mail has no policy on whether following the government advice would count towards the attendance policy stages as per usual.

So people are complaining that the lack of a clearity, doesn't sit will with the advice from the Government, as people will ofcourse want to avoid triggering a stage. Royal Mail's silence on the matter will make people who have Covid-19 come into work and spread the disease around.

Also, the OP mentioned the scenario where somebody is already on a stage 2, but is showing symptoms. Triggering a stage 3, starts a process that can get you sacked. Would you rather come into work with a cough, or self isolate for 7 days and risk getting sacked?

Exactly. I think what makes the lack of central communication on the matter worse is that they'll know that there will be a massive discrepancy in how managers will handle it. As things stand, workers in some offices will be treated in an even-handed and compassionate way, whereas many others will just be hoping that working through it doesn’t lead to pneumonia, hospitalisation and dismissal.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3