not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 352/20 Joint Statement - Royal Mail Group and the CWU :Pt 2

02 Jul 2020, 16:59

https://www.cwu.org/ltb/ltb-352-20-join ... d-the-cwu/

No. 352/20

2nd July 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Joint Statement – Royal Mail Group and the CWU

You will be aware via different communication strands of the business and the CWU, that we have agreed a Joint Statement which represents the most significant and positive first step in nearly two years to resolve our dispute.

We are acutely aware that this is a first step and that there is a huge amount of work to be done, however it was essential, given where we have been and with a new RMG leadership in place, that we established a high level Joint Statement which demonstrates that both parties are serious about moving forward together.

The re-commitment of the new RMG leadership to the following terms is a significant step in the right direction:

Develop a joint strategy for the future of the business.

Develop a joint strategy to protect the USO.

Develop jointly the opportunities to minimise letter decline.

Develop jointly opportunities for diversification to build upon our essential service key worker status.

Completely take off the table the proposals to make Parcelforce a separate limited company, removing the TUPE threat to our members.

Re-commitment to all our agreements, including the Four Pillars agreement and our legally binding protections.

Commitment to resolve all issues in dispute.

Commitment to resolve the 2020 pay award.

Colleagues will be aware that Royal Mail Group face many challenges, most of which are anticipated in our agreements. Recent events have accelerated the need for a response and we need to move matters on whist we concentrate on resolving our dispute and the wider strategy issues detailed above.

Against that backdrop you will note that the 600 local disagreements are now removed and we will conduct new local revisions across all functions. The detail on the approach will be worked out over the next two weeks but will take account of the ongoing impact of COVID-19. Such activity will require a new attitude from all involved and a genuine approach to finding and agreeing mutual interest solutions.

In the same time frame, to determine the approach to interim revision activity, we will also resolve the 2020 pay award.

It would be appreciated if Branches could please ensure that the Joint Statement and contents of this LTB are reported to our members. Nationally we will develop a communications plan to keep members informed of any progress on the above issues.

Finally, there is no question that this positive first step would not have been achieved without the unwavering support and hard work of all our Representatives and members. For that reason, any sense of achievement should be shared by all.

Any enquiries in relation to the content of this LTB should be addressed to the DGS(P) Department.

Yours sincerely, Yours sincerely,

Terry Pullinger Dave Ward

Deputy General Secretary (Postal) General Secretary

Joint statement...
http://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... MENT-1.pdf

LTB 352/20 Joint Statement – Royal Mail Group and the CWU :Pt 2

02 Jul 2020, 17:03

Revision that will be interesting

02 Jul 2020, 17:10

how do you have a revision in the next few months unless there based on single duties and not shared vans :shock:

02 Jul 2020, 17:13

Yea office and area reps LOVE revisions

02 Jul 2020, 18:13

Stick your revision up your arse.

02 Jul 2020, 19:10

revisions in 2 weeks that should be interesting :crazy: , but im guessing as all other revisions put s**t in and get s**t out and i have no interest in bending over for this company , and im loving the new wording "will require a new attitude from all involved " anyway not interested goodnight , zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Last edited by worktotime on 02 Jul 2020, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

02 Jul 2020, 19:12

Wouldn't surprise me if they were to take loads of hours out of offices

02 Jul 2020, 19:21

SpacePhoenix wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if they were to take loads of hours out of offices

:funneh Keep working on the new one liners :nana

02 Jul 2020, 19:26

A2B wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if they were to take loads of hours out of offices

How often have you known the objective of a revision to not be to take hours out of the office?

02 Jul 2020, 19:27

gary1975 wrote:Revision that will be interesting

Very! It's going to get very heated very quickly in DO's up and down the UK

02 Jul 2020, 19:37

SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:

How often have you known the objective of a revision to not be to take hours out of the office?

the use of pda data maybe ? which the CWU where against the use of for revisions :arrrghhh

02 Jul 2020, 19:37

SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:

How often have you heard of a global pandemic restricting usual work functions?

Offices up and down the UK are failing because they cannot work in a normal way, formulating a better way of working through revisions and we may stand a chance of clearing some of the mess

02 Jul 2020, 19:46

worktotime wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:

the use of pda data maybe ? which the CWU where against the use of for revisions :arrrghhh

Every revision is now due to be based on PDA data, if they will for these revisions is anybodys guess.

My guess for what it's worth is that it will include some form of split shift to keep numbers in the office down and the vans working to their full potential. Whatever they come up with it ain't going to be popular

Oh and i nearly forgot will they go for "skills" over seniority? :shock:
Last edited by A2B on 02 Jul 2020, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

02 Jul 2020, 19:59

Against that backdrop you will note that the 600 local disagreements are now removed and we will conduct new local revisions across all functions.

Shitstormclusterfuckomnishambles.

The ship is sinking Captain and we're miles from land.
Let's tear it apart and build a different ship starting with the hull.

02 Jul 2020, 20:01

A2B wrote:My guess for what it's worth is that it will include some form of split shift to keep numbers in the office down and the vans working to their full potential. Whatever they come up with it ain't going to be popular

We are lucky up at our if the van has the potential to get round the morning shift without falling apart let alone a second shift.

02 Jul 2020, 20:21

A2B wrote:
worktotime wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:

Every revision is now due to be based on PDA data, if they will for these revisions is anybodys guess.

My guess for what it's worth is that it will include some form of split shift to keep numbers in the office down and the vans working to their full potential. Whatever they come up with it ain't going to be popular

Oh and i nearly forgot will they go for "skills" over seniority? :shock:

and what about non drivers ? , my p&l partner is a non driver . and as for social distancing its a bit late when the gov has reduced it , and youve got pubs opening on the 4th July .

02 Jul 2020, 20:35

In relation to revisions and signed for duties. I guess a lot of Posties are happy with their duty as it is, maybe it's just right/fair or better, maybe even very easy....

What I want to ask is....

A hypothetical situation..... say you signed for a duty and this duty is easy, you know it's easy, maybe you drag it out and finish on time or maybe you drag it out and finish around 15 minutes early on average. Your duty is part of a van share, but as Covid is around you are going out on your own in a van to do your duty. Your van share partners round is hard, it's impossible to complete in time.....ok, you might be nice and agree and take some extra post....but I am wondering if taking that extra post is up to you and up to you only, you have the final say?

Right now is probably the prime time to revise individual duties as everyone is doing their individual duty and it should be clear as day which single duties are too big and which are too small. There are surely van share posties up and down the country where 1 half of the van share is finishing 20+ minutes late while the other is finishing 20+ minutes early.

I understand that 95% of the time these van share duties go out as van shares, but there are times Posties, typically reserves, are sent out on these rounds individually and have zero chance of completing them if they get the half of the van share that equates to 60%+ and are going out blind then they can be 1.5 to 2 hours past their time if they choose to complete. If they don't complete then you may come in the next day to a load of undelivered post.

02 Jul 2020, 20:52

worktotime wrote:and what about non drivers ? , my p&l partner is a non driver . and as for social distancing its a bit late when the gov has reduced it , and youve got pubs opening on the 4th July .

Have to wait and see what they come up with for non drivers and the people who do drive but there's not enough vans, it will obviously be different in every office.

As for social distancing, can we stop going round in circles? Until RM say it's back it ain't happening

02 Jul 2020, 21:08

worktotime wrote:and what about non drivers ? , my p&l partner is a non driver . and as for social distancing its a bit late when the gov has reduced it , and youve got pubs opening on the 4th July .

How many HCT rounds are there around the DO compared with the number of non-drivers?

02 Jul 2020, 21:13

SpacePhoenix wrote:

How many HCT rounds are there around the DO compared with the number of non-drivers?

Each office will be different, depends on where the DO is located

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3