not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 08:31

After discussions think this may be the deal.
Getting vibes will be a Monday dropped (if any)

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 09:40

gb93 wrote:After discussions think this may be the deal.
Getting vibes will be a Monday dropped (if any)

If true then Mondays would probably be just SDs and Tracked only

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 09:54

Getting vibes from where?
Is the reduction in the USO just being declared unilaterally without recourse to Ofcom/Parliament?
Is Terry now accepting the 20 000 job losses he announced would be lost by a reduction to the USO?
And what about our reps SA? Surely that is safe?

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 10:03

clashcityrocker wrote:Getting vibes from where?
Is the reduction in the USO just being declared unilaterally without recourse to Ofcom/Parliament?
Is Terry now accepting the 20 000 job losses he announced would be lost by a reduction to the USO?
And what about our reps SA? Surely that is safe?

Nothing official just from what I'm seeing & sensing.
Might not be overnight but think groundwork may be being laid & IF going to drop uso I'm thinking Monday looking more likely now.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 10:04

gb93 wrote:After discussions think this may be the deal.
Getting vibes will be a Monday dropped (if any)


How are you getting these vibes ? Are you privvy to these discussions ? - If not, you are just making wild guesses and scare-mongering.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 11:01

Another fact free post,based on absolutely nothing. Why even bother?

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 11:07

gb93 wrote:After discussions think this may be the deal.
Getting vibes will be a Monday dropped (if any)

More rumours that help nobody.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 11:53

as said, any USO reduction needs the go ahead from Ofcom/Parliament.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 12:16

JKSmudge wrote:
gb93 wrote:After discussions think this may be the deal.
Getting vibes will be a Monday dropped (if any)


How are you getting these vibes ? Are you privvy to these discussions ? - If not, you are just making wild guesses and scare-mongering.

Said nothing official
We will just have to wait & see what happens officially but think major changes coming & I'm willing to put 50p down this may be one of them

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 13:01

gb93 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Getting vibes from where?
Is the reduction in the USO just being declared unilaterally without recourse to Ofcom/Parliament?
Is Terry now accepting the 20 000 job losses he announced would be lost by a reduction to the USO?
And what about our reps SA? Surely that is safe?

Nothing official just from what I'm seeing & sensing.
Might not be overnight but think groundwork may be being laid & IF going to drop uso I'm thinking Monday looking more likely now.


Why Monday?

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 13:34

What the Vibes said! :crazy:

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 14:07

Why Monday ?
Only one wave of sequenced on Monday
Easier to get people to work monday to cover parcels & specials
Major cut in weekend working at mail centres
Helps with levelling workload on a Tuesday

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 14:37

gb93 wrote:After discussions think this may be the deal.
Getting vibes will be a Monday dropped (if any)

No chance

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 15:10

gb93 wrote:Why Monday ?
Only one wave of sequenced on Monday
Easier to get people to work monday to cover parcels & specials
Major cut in weekend working at mail centres
Helps with levelling workload on a Tuesday


Surely it will be the Sat that will be dropped, with Saturdays mail carried over to Monday. Mail Mon-Fri packets only on Sat, like we were doing. No mail on Mondays doesn't make sense. Why would you do a packet only day when most people will be at work?

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 15:33

Joe B wrote: Why would you do a packet only day when most people will be at work?

It’s Royal Mail. Joined up thinking isn’t their strong point.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 18:04

Joe B wrote:Surely it will be the Sat that will be dropped, with Saturdays mail carried over to Monday. Mail Mon-Fri packets only on Sat, like we were doing. No mail on Mondays doesn't make sense. Why would you do a packet only day when most people will be at work?


It will be the Saturday dropped and they will also push on with removing the parcels plan and making the duty’s bigger.

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 19:18

gb93 wrote:After discussions think this may be the deal.
Getting vibes will be a Monday dropped (if any)


Basically like the rest of us you’ve seen how light the last few Monday’s have been and have put 2+2 together to make 5.
IMO (three letters people need to use a lot more rather than making things sound like fact) if any day IS ever to be dropped it will be a Saturday. I think what we are seeing at the mo is another fact finding, data collecting mission by RM to plea their case to OfCom and parliament. Whether this works who knows but as I say it is only my opinion NOT a fact that I’m making out I’m privy to!!

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 20:52

Surely, if the business previously temporarily dropped the USO on letters on the Saturday...then it would be Saturday??

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 21:02

I think we'll go Mon Fri like the Isle of Man https://www.iompost.com/for-you/sending ... standards/

35 hour Tuesday to Saturday

29 Jun 2020, 22:23

BRIBRI wrote:I think we'll go Mon Fri like the Isle of Man https://www.iompost.com/for-you/sending ... standards/


This except that there will be a sunday service for parcels also

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3