not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Voluntary Redundancy

28 Jun 2020, 19:50

Hi all :Very Happy As we know, RM will try to make changes by way of voluntary redundancy. Does anyone know, how to apply to take a voluntary redundancy? Got enough of this job and I would like to find out if redundancy is right for me. :cuppa

Voluntary Redundancy

28 Jun 2020, 20:04

You have to wait for it to be offered first and then it will be handed out on seniority.

Voluntary Redundancy

28 Jun 2020, 20:05

Oh, and I hope you can run fast as the stampede for redundancy will be a sight to behold :crazy:

Voluntary Redundancy

28 Jun 2020, 20:43

There's usually something called an indicative exercise.

You can then ask for a quote and then once you've seen what the offer is you can decide to whether or not to apply.

Voluntary Redundancy

28 Jun 2020, 21:43

We have a preference exercise every couple of years or so, normally nothing comes of it but very occasionally the most senior two or three are paid off.

Voluntary Redundancy

29 Jun 2020, 05:57

Can you apply for a indicitive exercise, or do you just wait till ones offered. Thanks.

Voluntary Redundancy

29 Jun 2020, 19:26

Whats the criteria for VR, there was preference exercise a few years ago in my office a lot of people seemed surprised at how much they might get (more than they expected). How is it calculated?

No one got it in the end

Voluntary Redundancy

29 Jun 2020, 21:31

There was nothing in the Annual Results about redundancies amongst frontline staff. They want to cut 2000 management roles.
If they were to offer redundancy to frontline staff, let’s hope it’s under the terms of the MTSF Agreement, which are quite generous. There is database somewhere that shows how your age and length of service dictate the number of weeks’ pay you would be offered. There is a maximum amount, however, of 2 years money / 104 weeks pay.

Voluntary Redundancy

29 Jun 2020, 21:44

VR Reckoner here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voluntary Redundancy

29 Jun 2020, 22:49

to be honest I would be very surprised if the VR terms are are not at least slashed to 52 weeks pay if not to statutory terms, BT are going for compulsory redundancies, would be interesting to see if those who want VR would still go under any new terms like these, personally I think people still would - discuss

Voluntary Redundancy

01 Jul 2020, 11:33

Deadly wrote:Oh, and I hope you can run fast as the stampede for redundancy will be a sight to behold :crazy:

I wish there was a like button :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1