not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 12:24

The current advice from the CWU for Saturday is...

With immediate effect representatives and members should not cooperate or give any local agreement to any deployment of management's plan

In defiance of the company's unilateral action, all members should continue to adhere to their currently agreed duty/attendance arrangements

So how do you think this will play out?

Suspensions?

Mass walkouts?

Another trip to the High Court?

Anybody starting to get the heavy handed treatment from management already? Anybody had their day off changed yet?

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 14:59

I will abide with unions decision.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 15:22

Im with the union

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 15:25

Basically management can ask you to do whatever they want in your hours. How's that gonna end for someone steadfastly refusing to do something? I tell you how, they are gonna get disciplined aren't they.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 15:27

we have been told nothing,what a shower of s**t,come on cwu tell us what to do.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 15:36

Our rep is off for ten days from today. Who is going to be there for us if anybody refuses to comply or starts going through disciplinary proceedings. What a total mess and the company using a pandemic to cover this all up.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 15:44

Still waiting a response from laurel and hardy...
Doing don't what your know..(feel free to put words in the correct order)

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 16:09

rambo1 wrote:Basically management can ask you to do whatever they want in your hours. How's that gonna end for someone steadfastly refusing to do something? I tell you how, they are gonna get disciplined aren't they.

Basically management cannot do whatever they want, there are rules and laws protecting employees rights. Once companies are able to do whatever they want illegally then we go back to the Victorian era. To the people who like the idea of working Monday to Friday you know is there is a right way of doing this and doing it at the drop of a hat with no consultation and using this pandemic as a smoke screen to steam roller it is in my book shameful.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 16:29

Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:Still waiting a response from laurel and hardy...

Terry was on Facebook

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 16:35

frankieboy wrote:Basically management cannot do whatever they want...

So what can and cannot management do?

It's an important question because most members don't know and if you're going to ask them to make judgement calls on Saturday morning they really should know.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 16:56

Dindin wrote:
Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:Still waiting a response from laurel and hardy...

Terry was on Facebook

:dance :Applause

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 17:02

Woody Guthrie wrote:
frankieboy wrote:Basically management cannot do whatever they want...

So what can and cannot management do?

It's an important question because most members don't know and if you're going to ask them to make judgement calls on Saturday morning they really should know.

Have you been informed by Royal Mail that they are officially changing your hours starting from Saturday, I've not, only thing I've heard is what's on the news and on here. Isn't it true they have to give more notice than 2 days to change your hours. Even mangers have no clue whats going on. You have legal rights that employers must adhere to.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 17:31

The only legal notice an employer needs to change your hours is what is deemed "reasonable".

This is not a specific time and case law considers 12 hours reasonable.

However I don't believe RM plans wholesale changes to our hours this Saturday or next apart from the reserves who as always will get screwed around, although apparently we will be moving to parcels only immediately it looks like they're going to proceed mostly with what they have for the next two weeks and then go fully into it on the 11th of May.

What will change this Saturday and next is duty content.

Again what can and cannot management do?

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 18:59

The week in 6 Guys are pissed.Been told they can’t take them even though they earnt the them.Told anything owed will be put on their annual leave.Surely they have to honour owed rotation week off?

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 19:19

Our gaffer at this point is saying that there’s enough dogs bodies hanging around to keep all the duty holders as they are.

So if you’re someone who has to look at the staffing to see what your day off is next (or this) week (spent fifteen years in this position, I feel the pain) well all those are now getting Saturday off.

Because a good amount of the work gets done by these handy dogs bodies, there likely won’t be too many people on a Saturday.

Note that the guidance allows DOMs to argue that having rurals in the office has lead to an attendance of over 50% on a Saturday.

Plus, there’s a few duty holders who would always support the union, but they’re loving the idea of every Saturday off.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 19:21

scoobydo79 wrote:The week in 6 Guys are pissed.Been told they can’t take them even though they earnt the them.Told anything owed will be put on their annual leave.Surely they have to honour owed rotation week off?

That’s the wallington, 5 on and 6th week off I presume? Which i am

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 19:36

LaggyBand wrote:Our gaffer at this point is saying that there’s enough dogs bodies hanging around to keep all the duty holders as they are.

So if you’re someone who has to look at the staffing to see what your day off is next (or this) week (spent fifteen years in this position, I feel the pain) well all those are now getting Saturday off.

Because a good amount of the work gets done by these handy dogs bodies, there likely won’t be too many people on a Saturday.

Note that the guidance allows DOMs to argue that having rurals in the office has lead to an attendance of over 50% on a Saturday.

Plus, there’s a few duty holders who would always support the union, but they’re loving the idea of every Saturday off.

Remind them about the '1 in 6' LAT strategy which Royal Mail intend to implement. Their duty might be the one that gets collapsed.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 19:40

Joe B wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:Our gaffer at this point is saying that there’s enough dogs bodies hanging around to keep all the duty holders as they are.

Remind them about the '1 in 6' LAT strategy which Royal Mail intend to implement. Their duty might be the one that gets collapsed.

Our office is quite easy going on duty content because almost everyone works their time.

We actually enjoy when managers get tasked with lapsing more because we have no time to hide.

And when we get held up indoor it goes down really well.

It’s a great and fresh outlook we’ve had for a few years now.

If one in six got collapsed, almost no one would care.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 19:59

Unions problem in all of this is that a lot of staff will prefer these duty changes .We have been told we will get every 2nd Saturday off , we currently get 1 in 4 off.The union have never wanted to entertain dropping the Saturday delivery (I understand why ) and they have tried to tell us it would be the Tuesday that would be dropped( was never going to be).The biggest losers in all this are obviously the part timers that rely on the ot to bump up their wages and the guys that always work their rest days.

Saturday

30 Apr 2020, 20:16

dazer0070 wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:The week in 6 Guys are pissed.Been told they can’t take them even though they earnt the them.Told anything owed will be put on their annual leave.Surely they have to honour owed rotation week off?

That’s the wallington, 5 on and 6th week off I presume? Which i am

Yes that’s correct.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2