not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail : "We believe there are no grounds for industrial action as only 53.9% have backed industrial action.

18 Mar 2020, 13:32

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... lot-result

We are disappointed CWU members have voted 94.5% in favour of industrial action.

We believe there are no grounds for industrial action. Based on what CWU have said, we note that with a 63.4% turnout – and taking into account frontline employees who are not union members – 53.9% have backed industrial action.

Our position

We welcome and appreciate CWU’s statement that now is not the time to take industrial action.

We contacted CWU last week to work together to protect our people, our country and our company. We are talking to them about how we can do that together.

The postal service is a key part of the UK’s infrastructure at this time. We are delivering, as usual, to communities across the country.

The delivery of parcels and letters is a key way of keeping the country together and helping many people who may not have the option to leave their homes.

As the coronavirus crisis has developed, we have worked with CWU to formulate and implement the appropriate sick pay and absence policy for our colleagues.

We jointly agreed the policy and communicated it to our colleagues last week.

Colleagues, including those with less than one year’s service, will receive full pay in relation to any coronavirus illness or self-isolation.

We have made adjustments to our parcel handling procedures to protect our colleagues and our customers.

In February, we offered a 6%, three-year pay proposal for our CWU-grade people. This means an increase, including the first hour of the shorter working week, of more than 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023.

We can only afford to do this, however, if we deliver the Plan announced to our stakeholders last year.

Our negotiating team is ready to continue the dialogue to agree a framework to try to find a resolution to the current dispute. We are meeting soon. We want to reach agreement.

Royal Mail : "We believe there are no grounds for industrial action as only 53.9% have backed industrial action.

18 Mar 2020, 14:16

What a surprise, Royal Mail don’t recognise the yes vote .

18 Mar 2020, 14:26

we note that with a 63.4% turnout – and taking into account frontline employees who are not union members – 53.9% have backed industrial action.

The old let's add the people who weren't asked trick, why not add the managers my dear old mum and Idris Elba to the stats? , they weren't asked either.

18 Mar 2020, 15:36

Spin, spin, spin. 53.9% is still over half your workforce. Grow up and start talking like adults :evil/mad :evil/mad

18 Mar 2020, 16:09

There’s not many employers as disgusting as Royal Mail atm , they should look at how many governments get in with far less than that.

18 Mar 2020, 16:26

Woody Guthrie wrote:
we note that with a 63.4% turnout – and taking into account frontline employees who are not union members – 53.9% have backed industrial action.

The old let's add the people who weren't asked trick, why not add the managers my dear old mum and Idris Elba to the stats? , they weren't asked either.

but 53% is still over half?

18 Mar 2020, 17:01

Somebody Please Remind me what was the Brexit Split? :hmmmm

And look at all the upset that caused! :shock: Perhaps Royal Mail should just throw their Toys Out of the Pram and demand a second vote as well? :cuppa
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 21 Mar 2020, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

18 Mar 2020, 17:59

Less than that was good enough for Brexit.

18 Mar 2020, 19:50

Makes me think that RM might go to court and try and get the ballot declared void

18 Mar 2020, 19:55

RM are not going to take any notice of the result, time for the two clowns in charge of the Union to do what you were put there to do...
Grow a pair and call some action, forget all this crap about being an emergency service, do what you paid to do and look after the members.
IF NOT GET OUT OF THE WAY AND LET SOMEONE ELSE DO THE JOB, none of what RM are doing doesn't affect you, you will carry on regardless in your Cushy little number, it's the workforce who have spoken AGAIN,
Ward and Pullinger talk a good game, how about backing it up

18 Mar 2020, 20:03

SpacePhoenix wrote:Makes me think that RM might go to court and try and get the ballot declared void

Why?
The union have said they won't strike.

18 Mar 2020, 20:05

The result is enough for a mandate for strike action.

Royal Mail are lying again.

We can't strike during this crisis, it would be completely untenable.

18 Mar 2020, 20:10

SSkUNkY wrote:We can't strike during this crisis, it would be completely untenable.

I would probably cross that picket line and that's something I never in my life thought I would even consider.

18 Mar 2020, 20:50

Woody Guthrie wrote:
SSkUNkY wrote:We can't strike during this crisis, it would be completely untenable.

I would probably cross that picket line and that's something I never in my life thought I would even consider.

Dont think there would be too many pickets to pass in all honesty.

18 Mar 2020, 23:37

oypostie wrote:Spin, spin, spin. 53.9% is still over half your workforce. Grow up and start talking like adults :evil/mad :evil/mad

Yep they need to stop acting like dickheads and start to realise that their workforce has no faith in anything they say or do! It was a successful yes vote end of :arrrghhh :evil/mad

18 Mar 2020, 23:41

Post69 wrote:
oypostie wrote:Spin, spin, spin. 53.9% is still over half your workforce. Grow up and start talking like adults :evil/mad :evil/mad

Yep they need to stop acting like dickheads and start to realise that their workforce has no faith in anything they say or do! It was a successful yes vote end of :arrrghhh :evil/mad

It really doesn't matter. The virus has beaten the union this time.

19 Mar 2020, 05:56

Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:RM are not going to take any notice of the result, time for the two clowns in charge of the Union to do what you were put there to do...
Grow a pair and call some action, forget all this crap about being an emergency service, do what you paid to do and look after the members.
IF NOT GET OUT OF THE WAY AND LET SOMEONE ELSE DO THE JOB, none of what RM are doing doesn't affect you, you will carry on regardless in your Cushy little number, it's the workforce who have spoken AGAIN,
Ward and Pullinger talk a good game, how about backing it up

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

19 Mar 2020, 16:34

23 Mar 2020, 02:42

I think we have to be realistic. Coronavirus has changed everything, in terms of when we could go on strike. We have to consider keeping the ballot ‘live’ with a token 15 minute stoppage or some other ruse.
How is it going to look, people not only going on strike but gathering in groups on a picket line, potentially passing a virus to colleagues and their families? News crews would be all over that story!

23 Mar 2020, 10:23

wandle wrote:I think we have to be realistic. Coronavirus has changed everything, in terms of when we could go on strike. We have to consider keeping the ballot ‘live’ with a token 15 minute stoppage or some other ruse.
How is it going to look, people not only going on strike but gathering in groups on a picket line, potentially passing a virus to colleagues and their families? News crews would be all over that story!

We had that with a local issue a few years a go and from what I can remember (please correct me if I'm wrong) the union reps basically stood outside for 15mins :hmmmm it was an issue which was getting resolved and it was coming to the end of the stated ballot time!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2