not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 17:42

just received this from WhatsApp union group. :-RM have today informed us they will be taking executive action in Selby. removing all the one in 4 Saturdays(every delivery), removing all 4 day cover duties, removing the two sections of 4 day weeks and regarding all start times. saving 20 hours which is more important to them than the impact on peoples lives. also told they can't have a gate meeting. (oh yes they can). also in York today formally told RM want to do the same there. removing all the 1 in 4 Saturdays etc. NO ONE BE IN ANY DOUBT. YOU ARE NEXT. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING UNLESS WE VOTE YES.

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 17:47

I’m already a 1/6 it’s the pits

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 18:06

whats a saturday off?

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 18:15

How do the 1 in 4 work?

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 18:17

twoloops wrote:How do the 1 in 4 work?

Example. Mon,tues,weds,sat repeat

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 18:30

1 in 4 at ours is Sat, Mon, Thurs, Fri. top seniors (first 15 on seniority list) is Fri, Sat, Mon. so 1 in 3. …….Don't ask.

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 19:12

What exactly is the benefit for them axing four day duties? The staff will still be employed, so what are RM gaining other than disgruntled employees?

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 19:41

FacesOfStone wrote:What exactly is the benefit for them axing four day duties? The staff will still be employed, so what are RM gaining other than disgruntled employees?

Would it be less indoor work maybe?

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 20:10

FacesOfStone wrote:What exactly is the benefit for them axing four day duties? The staff will still be employed, so what are RM gaining other than disgruntled employees?

Im guessing it will be easier to manage with the new strategy

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 20:15

richietns wrote:

Would it be less indoor work maybe?

I'd say so yes definitely less indoor work, it takes ages to sort/scan the parcels that they want to take off us.

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 20:20

Easier to staff, more days on delivery means more knackered postman = can and want to work for Royal Mail.

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 20:55

gary1975 wrote:Easier to staff, more days on delivery means more knackered postman = can and want to work for Royal Mail.

And more cutting off, I’d wager. Say some of the affected people are on 20/25 hour contracts. If I were in that situation, I’d tell management that I’ll be back at the office 10 minutes before my finish time and to plan accordingly. I’m not sure this will go quite as they seem to think it will when they’re getting three hours or less actual delivery time out of people.

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 21:22

Please a better example of 1 in 4 how it works....I am confused!

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 22:03

Thailand1 wrote:Please a better example of 1 in 4 how it works....I am confused!

So, if you're a fulltimer you would work your five days with a rotating day off being , Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday over a four week period (so you always work thursdays and fridays). Some four day duties cover these duties as day off relief , so you work every M,T,W and Sat, so you would never get a Saturday off. Hope that's clear.....

txt off union

12 Mar 2020, 22:29

I've worked in 2 offices in my time 16 years in one and 10 in my current office and I've always had a rotating day off once a week so I've always done 5 days never even knew some places worked like this.

txt off union

13 Mar 2020, 08:12

Thailand1 wrote:Please a better example of 1 in 4 how it works....I am confused!

Our office WAS (for P/Ts);
Mon Tue off week 1
Wed Thur off week 2
Fri Sat off week 3
They removed these duty structures and put the P/Ts on a 5 day week with no valid reason last year, other than saying that "it's a business decision from high up".

txt off union

13 Mar 2020, 09:40

World in crisis and Rico is still plotting. Dispicable excuse for a human being and the rest of his henchmen

txt off union

13 Mar 2020, 13:59

we have 5 days by 5 hours = 25 hour
4 days by 8 hours= 32 hours

txt off union

13 Mar 2020, 18:00

Our 1 in 4 means we never have Tuesday or wednesday off. The cover duties are 3 days never working Tuesday or Wednesday with a rolling day off meaning every 4 weeks they finish on the Friday and aren't back until the thursday, wish I could afford to drop to part time because those duties are great

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1