not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 13:30

With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 13:40

red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

No the strike if it happens won’t be about media coverage it will be about Royal Mail not honouring agreements.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 15:37

red666bear wrote:With the corona virus still in its infancy and the peak not expected till possibly the summer months. The country has more important things to worry about than the odd 24 hour walkout here or there. The media coverage will be neglible at best.

Not an option I’m afraid.Media coverage will be minimal anyway and Royal Mail will be portrayed as the good guys . There can be no more delays

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 16:11

scoobydo79 wrote:

Not an option I’m afraid.Media coverage will be minimal anyway and Royal Mail will be portrayed as the good guys . There can be no more delays

Yes it will be...what you dont want a pay rise,

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 16:38

richietns wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:

A paltry pay rise in line with inflation and NOT EVEN GUARANTEED. It's conditional upon the plan being carried out to RMs liking.
Anyway, most of us don't want to strike, (though we will if we have to), we just want RM to respect some the agreements that were already made, and WORK TOGETHER. RM are saying that in their blurb, but their actions are proving otherwise.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 16:45

Personally i dont mind going over my time etc its not having a job thats bothering me.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 16:56

Give me a break - pathetic.

Coronavirus - one of the most overblown/overhyped stories i have heard in years - fuelled by social and mainstream media.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 17:06

ssdd wrote:
richietns wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:

A paltry pay rise in line with inflation and NOT EVEN GUARANTEED. It's conditional upon the plan being carried out to RMs liking.
Anyway, most of us don't want to strike, (though we will if we have to), we just want RM to respect some the agreements that were already made, and WORK TOGETHER. RM are saying that in their blurb, but their actions are proving otherwise.

The pay offer is nothing to do with the dispute!

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 17:09

richietns wrote:Personally i dont mind going over my time etc its not having a job thats bothering me.

Well it's not guaranteed, even if you agree with Royal Mail and vote no in the ballot. You see that's their get out clause. 'We can't agree to these commitments because we haven't been delivering the plan quick enough'.
The only hope we have is that a high yes vote in the ballot this time will finally bring them all round table to actually work together on a fair deal for everyone. :pray

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 17:13

Phantom wrote:
ssdd wrote:
richietns wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:

The pay offer is nothing to do with the dispute!

I know that Phantom. But it would seem some folks on here don't. And even if they do, they may think that it was a guaranteed pay offer, and that may sway their decision.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 17:35

richietns wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:

There is more at stake than a vague pay rise .What You will lose with a no vote wil be of far more value.
Also remember Rico stuck it to His own managers regarding their bonus.He won’t hesitate to tell You Your not getting a pay rise because We under performed.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 17:53

What planet are you on?
Love Island has killed more people in the UK than the Corona virus.
This dispute is about Rico Backpeddal not honouring the agreements made with the cwu.
What makes you think he'll honour the deal he's trying to force through now?
This is a fight about keeping our jobs, the hard won conditions and the USO.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 18:06

ssdd wrote:
richietns wrote:Personally i dont mind going over my time etc its not having a job thats bothering me.

Well it's not guaranteed, even if you agree with Royal Mail and vote no in the ballot. You see that's their get out clause. 'We can't agree to these commitments because we haven't been delivering the plan quick enough'.
The only hope we have is that a high yes vote in the ballot this time will finally bring them all round table to actually work together on a fair deal for everyone. :pray

Why believe they will honour these commitments when they haven't even honoured the 4 Pillers?

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 18:12

I want the same pay rise the managers got and same bonus.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 18:15

derricksmyth wrote:
ssdd wrote:

Why believe they will honour these commitments when they haven't even honoured the 4 Pillers?

Exactly! With their get out clause, it's unlikely they would.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 18:33

Please no ad hominem or personal attacks. Discuss the point, not the point maker.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 18:42

that's something that's definitely not guaranteed if we lose this fight. compulsory redundancies will be rife.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 18:53

if we lose this dispute its game over.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 19:10

derricksmyth wrote:
ssdd wrote:

To be clear ime voting yes,my point was there'll be less jobs if rico gets his way.

Call off the strike

03 Mar 2020, 20:49

Didnt you see the words ''role reductions''

i.e job losses

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4