not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

28 Feb 2020, 20:30

FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

"The following increase has been agreed for all CWU represented grades: • With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, ……."

The Courier February 2020
Our Proposal:
"This means an increase - including the first hour of the shorter working week - of 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023."

Either the date of the pay increase is 2017 (verified by the back-pay I received on the 04/05/18) or 2018 as the Courier states.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

28 Feb 2020, 22:02

rogersh wrote:FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

"The following increase has been agreed for all CWU represented grades: • With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, ……."

The Courier February 2020
Our Proposal:
"This means an increase - including the first hour of the shorter working week - of 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023."

Either the date of the pay increase is 2017 (verified by the back-pay I received on the 04/05/18) or 2018 as the Courier states.


Also, how does that tie in with the '6% over 3 years' statement? I don't really have the inclination to try and work it out. Either way it's a poor offer, and shouldn't even be put forth as part of this dispute.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 05:36

ssdd wrote:
rogersh wrote:FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

"The following increase has been agreed for all CWU represented grades: • With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, ……."

The Courier February 2020
Our Proposal:
"This means an increase - including the first hour of the shorter working week - of 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023."

Either the date of the pay increase is 2017 (verified by the back-pay I received on the 04/05/18) or 2018 as the Courier states.


Also, how does that tie in with the '6% over 3 years' statement? I don't really have the inclination to try and work it out. Either way it's a poor offer, and shouldn't even be put forth as part of this dispute.

Broke the agreement It should have been implemented 1/10/2019 1 hour off full time or 2.65% part time but Rico needed his share fund?

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 13:05

ssdd wrote:
rogersh wrote:FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

"The following increase has been agreed for all CWU represented grades: • With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, ……."

The Courier February 2020
Our Proposal:
"This means an increase - including the first hour of the shorter working week - of 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023."

Either the date of the pay increase is 2017 (verified by the back-pay I received on the 04/05/18) or 2018 as the Courier states.


Also, how does that tie in with the '6% over 3 years' statement? I don't really have the inclination to try and work it out. Either way it's a poor offer, and shouldn't even be put forth as part of this dispute.


I believe, what Rm are trying to achieve is that, when we go out on strike, the RM propaganda machine will go to the press and state 'We have given postal workers a 16% pay rise as well as 1 hr off the working week'. Joe public will see that and then automatically think 'RM postal workers are greedy f*ckers, they got 16% and still want more'. I *hope* that, if this happens, the CWU press office will then correct the press with the correct facts.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 16:19

Pharox wrote:
ssdd wrote:
rogersh wrote:FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

"The following increase has been agreed for all CWU represented grades: • With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, ……."

The Courier February 2020
Our Proposal:
"This means an increase - including the first hour of the shorter working week - of 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023."

Either the date of the pay increase is 2017 (verified by the back-pay I received on the 04/05/18) or 2018 as the Courier states.


Also, how does that tie in with the '6% over 3 years' statement? I don't really have the inclination to try and work it out. Either way it's a poor offer, and shouldn't even be put forth as part of this dispute.


I believe, what Rm are trying to achieve is that, when we go out on strike, the RM propaganda machine will go to the press and state 'We have given postal workers a 16% pay rise as well as 1 hr off the working week'. Joe public will see that and then automatically think 'RM postal workers are greedy f*ckers, they got 16% and still want more'. I *hope* that, if this happens, the CWU press office will then correct the press with the correct facts.


And so what if Joe Public think that?

What does that change? We arent tax payer owned now.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 18:00

rogersh wrote:FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

"The following increase has been agreed for all CWU represented grades: • With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, ……."

The Courier February 2020
Our Proposal:
"This means an increase - including the first hour of the shorter working week - of 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023."

Either the date of the pay increase is 2017 (verified by the back-pay I received on the 04/05/18) or 2018 as the Courier states.

i'm sure I will be corrected on here if I am wrong, but I don't think we got a payrise in 2017.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 18:16

I cannot see for the the life of me hand on hart how a 6% below inflation pay rise = 16% from now maybe he is back counting ha ha Rico BACK counting from the past pay deals that were abrogated by him maybe he buys his shares this way too taxman would love to know!

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 18:38

k979aaa wrote:I cannot see for the the life of me hand on hart how a 6% below inflation pay rise = 16% from now maybe he is back counting ha ha Rico BACK counting from the past pay deals that were abrogated by him maybe he buys his shares this way too taxman would love to know!


That's what I'm saying. Pension funds, major shareholders, Joe public, Press, and everyone else will think, because the RM propaganda machine, will spout to every man and his dog, that we are getting 16% and already got 1hr off, by striking, we are greedy f*ckers. There will be very little mentioned, that we will be getting below inflation pay rise of 6% over 3 years with as many strings are a string factory has. They are adding in the last pays rises into the 16%, to make it sound like RM are being 'Super generous'. Anyone who thinks that is great, need their heads fixed.

I hope, that the CWU head honchos have not left things to late by calling for a new ballot in March. In my *own* personal opinion that, the CWU should have called a ballot as soon as the GE was over, if not early in the new year. Also, I am not sure why the CWU have not taken RM to court over breaking the Four Pillars agreement, but I guess that is for another time/thread.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 19:51

Also, I am not sure why the CWU have not taken RM to court over breaking the Four Pillars agreement, but I guess that is for another time/thread.


I had the same question a while back, apparently the agreement signed in 2018 it`s not legal binding

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 20:15

daveyeff wrote:
rogersh wrote:FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

"The following increase has been agreed for all CWU represented grades: • With effect from the 2nd October 2017 for weekly paid employees (1 October 2017 for monthly paid) an increase of 5% on basic pay rates or salary, basic pay supplements, ……."

The Courier February 2020
Our Proposal:
"This means an increase - including the first hour of the shorter working week - of 16% between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2023."

Either the date of the pay increase is 2017 (verified by the back-pay I received on the 04/05/18) or 2018 as the Courier states.

i'm sure I will be corrected on here if I am wrong, but I don't think we got a payrise in 2017.


daveyeff. I believe the 5% pay increase in October 2017 was given as opposed to a of 2.5% increase backdated to 1st April 2017.
So we received 6 months back-pay at 5% instead of 12 months back-pay at 2.5%
We received the payment on 4th May 2018

So the 5% rise covered both 2017 & 2018.
Last edited by rogersh on 29 Feb 2020, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 20:18

Pharox wrote:
k979aaa wrote:I cannot see for the the life of me hand on hart how a 6% below inflation pay rise = 16% from now maybe he is back counting ha ha Rico BACK counting from the past pay deals that were abrogated by him maybe he buys his shares this way too taxman would love to know!


That's what I'm saying. Pension funds, major shareholders, Joe public, Press, and everyone else will think, because the RM propaganda machine, will spout to every man and his dog, that we are getting 16% and already got 1hr off, by striking, we are greedy f*ckers. There will be very little mentioned, that we will be getting below inflation pay rise of 6% over 3 years with as many strings are a string factory has. They are adding in the last pays rises into the 16%, to make it sound like RM are being 'Super generous'. Anyone who thinks that is great, need their heads fixed.

I hope, that the CWU head honchos have not left things to late by calling for a new ballot in March. In my *own* personal opinion that, the CWU should have called a ballot as soon as the GE was over, if not early in the new year. Also, I am not sure why the CWU have not taken RM to court over breaking the Four Pillars agreement, but I guess that is for another time/thread.

I guess the running the company down to buy it by making it worthless in effect making the business and shareholders worthless IE a suicide by proxy for that is what the Germans did in 1919 with their ships https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttling ... Scapa_Flow the thing is we care about our jobs yet some over stuffed German cares for himself.

Four Pillars V Courier pay increase

29 Feb 2020, 21:01

k979aaa wrote:I guess the running the company down to buy it by making it worthless in effect making the business and shareholders worthless IE a suicide by proxy for that is what the Germans did in 1919 with their ships https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttling ... Scapa_Flow the thing is we care about our jobs yet some over stuffed German cares for himself.


I agree, since Rico took over, the company has gone faster and faster down the toilet at the expence of us, the front line staff who do 99% of the work. Management and above get 2.3%? pay rise and a nice £1k bonus, upper management, I'm sure get more, yet they don't do the grunt of the work, we do. We want a fair and decent pay rise, we have to defend our T&C and yet, RM have taken E.A.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1