not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



They want!

28 Feb 2020, 17:52

Deliveries down from 58,000 to 50,000 a day?.How many are they saving up and down the country through lapsing at the moment?.

They want!

28 Feb 2020, 20:23

But with the amount of building going on I can't see a reduction I see an increase and in 2024 we will be told another load of rubbish why we are still at 58000 deliveries. But we told them this in 2020

They want!

29 Feb 2020, 16:13

Numbers of walks going down from 58,000 to 50,000 will be the reduction from the new parcel strategy when one in six walks are 'absorbed'. When posties often cannot complete their walks within duty hours I cannot foresee the new parcel strategy being possible to achieve.

They want!

29 Feb 2020, 22:48

Celgar wrote:Numbers of walks going down from 58,000 to 50,000 will be the reduction from the new parcel strategy when one in six walks are 'absorbed'. When posties often cannot complete their walks within duty hours I cannot foresee the new parcel strategy being possible to achieve.

Rico says it's ok the man from Hamburg says yes bit like the man from delmonte ad!

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 07:42

One thing for sure is what a total mess it’ll be if they don’t get the savings they want in the end.

I can’t see 1 in 6 being saved at our office if the parcels go - no way. It’ll be a disaster to those at the top if that happens up and down the country.

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 08:34

The additional milleage is unachievable. New workers, and older worn workers won't cope. As said, this'll be a mess. I wonder how the managers feel, knowing cutting off is going to be even worse.

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 09:21

WASD wrote:The additional milleage is unachievable. New workers, and older worn workers won't cope. As said, this'll be a mess. I wonder how the managers feel, knowing cutting off is going to be even worse.


They've done it to themselves. The people at the top have no idea what is happening in DO's around the country because the managers are lying to them. They are fiddling the indoor figures. They know full well people come in before their time, work through breaks and none of that time exists officially. Not to mention all the IPS that gets done by management and D2D's being thrown in ready for us. Couple that with the fact nobody does van checks, Nobody uses the trolleys, Walk sorting and the speeds at which people rush around/drive around!

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 10:55

Ren Hoëk wrote:
WASD wrote:The additional milleage is unachievable. New workers, and older worn workers won't cope. As said, this'll be a mess. I wonder how the managers feel, knowing cutting off is going to be even worse.


They've done it to themselves. The people at the top have no idea what is happening in DO's around the country because the managers are lying to them. They are fiddling the indoor figures. They know full well people come in before their time, work through breaks and none of that time exists officially. Not to mention all the IPS that gets done by management and D2D's being thrown in ready for us. Couple that with the fact nobody does van checks, Nobody uses the trolleys, Walk sorting and the speeds at which people rush around/drive around!


Yeah i agree, they're fools to not expect it to catch up with them. I expect you're right it being the case nationally too.
When i say "i wonder how the managers feel", i mean that purely from curiosity stance, i'm in no way supporting their selfish actions of the past/present.

I've not always been at RM, other jobs i've done for national companies/mobile working/etc, managers covering up/sweeping under carpit/begging staff, to get things done either day-to-day or month-to-month is quite a common occurrence. I just don't understand how the people up top think paying £xx for managers will get stuff done well, all it does is attract the money driven people, and encourage the lazy to blag everything. I'm starting to think money driven and lazy go hand in hand these days :hmmmm

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 11:17

As I’ve in only been in the job just over a year and am also one of the last people to start in my depot, I’m mostly worried regarding my job security and I know I’m not alone in feeling this way. Excuse my lack of knowledge in the four pillars agreement and all the surrounding/associated issues but is the union planning on putting a stop to the reduction of routes/1 in 6 etc. through the possible upcoming strike action or negotiations ? ? I know for me that after being told last week in our management briefing that the 1 in 6 won’t be delivering the bulk from our depot (as previously told by our DOM) as it’s not even going to come near our depot, so I’ll be left with having to go to anywhere in the country IF they’ve a vacancy for me. I asked if there’s a distance restriction for the redeployments ie. it’s not feasible or reasonable to drive for hours and spend half my wage and day travelling across the country to which I was told that if that’s the case then I should look for another job :shock:

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 11:46

Rommagic wrote:Deliveries down from 58,000 to 50,000 a day?.How many are they saving up and down the country through lapsing at the moment?.


That would be around a 14% reduction in walks. In my section, there are a total of 14 walks from the last revision. At the moment, we laps 2 walks Mon - Sat. From Wed to Fri, about half of the lapsing get taken out, the rest is left for the OT boy. Going by the 14% reduction, my section is already saving the 14%. The problem now lies with the oversized pkts. Does the new strategy require another 14% on top of what we are already saving by lapsing *or* does the office make a new LAT duty to cover these?

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 18:26

Pharox wrote:
Rommagic wrote:Deliveries down from 58,000 to 50,000 a day?.How many are they saving up and down the country through lapsing at the moment?.


That would be around a 14% reduction in walks. In my section, there are a total of 14 walks from the last revision. At the moment, we laps 2 walks Mon - Sat. From Wed to Fri, about half of the lapsing get taken out, the rest is left for the OT boy. Going by the 14% reduction, my section is already saving the 14%. The problem now lies with the oversized pkts. Does the new strategy require another 14% on top of what we are already saving by lapsing *or* does the office make a new LAT duty to cover these?


I keep hearing about a 1 in 6 reduction in the amount of walks, but if these figures are correct should it not be 1 in 7?
As an example, say you have an office with 36 duties:
1 in 6 would leave 30 duties with up to 6 people doing LAT/Oversize.
1 in 7 would leave 31 duties with up to 5 people doing LAT/Oversize.

The question is how are RM planning to implement these reductions? If they ARE using a 1 in 6 formula, then this will result in even less duties. More like 48000 rather than 50000.

They want!

02 Mar 2020, 18:50

ssdd wrote:
Pharox wrote:
Rommagic wrote:Deliveries down from 58,000 to 50,000 a day?.How many are they saving up and down the country through lapsing at the moment?.


That would be around a 14% reduction in walks. In my section, there are a total of 14 walks from the last revision. At the moment, we laps 2 walks Mon - Sat. From Wed to Fri, about half of the lapsing get taken out, the rest is left for the OT boy. Going by the 14% reduction, my section is already saving the 14%. The problem now lies with the oversized pkts. Does the new strategy require another 14% on top of what we are already saving by lapsing *or* does the office make a new LAT duty to cover these?


I keep hearing about a 1 in 6 reduction in the amount of walks, but if these figures are correct should it not be 1 in 7?
As an example, say you have an office with 36 duties:
1 in 6 would leave 30 duties with up to 6 people doing LAT/Oversize.
1 in 7 would leave 31 duties with up to 5 people doing LAT/Oversize.

The question is how are RM planning to implement these reductions? If they ARE using a 1 in 6 formula, then this will result in even less duties. More like 48000 rather than 50000.


The only offices that will have the lat/parcel deliveries will be the ones doing them now, so most offices will lose the duties , I'm guessing the people displaced by duties going will get to move to the lat office to do a parcel duty unless they offer vr in the office creating a vacancy. It will be complicated though because if they do a revision to add the extra onto walks there would be a repick so the person whos on a walk thats going might not be after a repick! Surely all this has to be sorted before anyone is forced to move to another office?

They want!

03 Mar 2020, 00:13

ssdd wrote:
Pharox wrote:
Rommagic wrote:Deliveries down from 58,000 to 50,000 a day?.How many are they saving up and down the country through lapsing at the moment?.


That would be around a 14% reduction in walks. In my section, there are a total of 14 walks from the last revision. At the moment, we laps 2 walks Mon - Sat. From Wed to Fri, about half of the lapsing get taken out, the rest is left for the OT boy. Going by the 14% reduction, my section is already saving the 14%. The problem now lies with the oversized pkts. Does the new strategy require another 14% on top of what we are already saving by lapsing *or* does the office make a new LAT duty to cover these?


I keep hearing about a 1 in 6 reduction in the amount of walks, but if these figures are correct should it not be 1 in 7?
As an example, say you have an office with 36 duties:
1 in 6 would leave 30 duties with up to 6 people doing LAT/Oversize.
1 in 7 would leave 31 duties with up to 5 people doing LAT/Oversize.

The question is how are RM planning to implement these reductions? If they ARE using a 1 in 6 formula, then this will result in even less duties. More like 48000 rather than 50000.


Don't forget about the floater and add into that mix less reserves needed to cover holidays/sickness

They want!

07 Mar 2020, 02:37

Was 90,000 at one time ago maybe Rico Should get his satchel out with his laderhosen.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1