not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Facebook Dave Ward & Terry Pullinger IAmTheUnion

26 Feb 2020, 22:14

https://www.facebook.com/Thecommunicati ... =2&theater

26 Feb 2020, 23:33

So Deutsche Post trialled parcel separation 3 years ago and deemed it a failure? One would assume Rico is aware of this, and yet is pressing on regardless!
Good to hear that a few in management are not in agreement and that CWU is trying to collaborate with UNITE.
Will be interesting to hear what the CWUs plans are in 'expanding the role of the postal worker'. Meals on wheels with your mail? Deliver pills from the doctor at the same time? Maybe do a bit of cleaning while we're in?

Good on them though. This is the kind of thinking we need for the company. One that values it's workers and is willing to invest in them, SWW being a good starting point. No point investing in all the technology and infrastructure if you have a de-motivated workforce.

It's a big fat YES from me!

28 Feb 2020, 20:23

rogersh wrote:https://www.facebook.com/ThecommunicationsUnion/videos/vb.981299138616232/2345127005778952/?type=2&theater

I’ll tell you what, these two never fail to inspire me and we are lucky we’ve got leadership like this, we can’t lose with Dave and Terry leading us from the front

28 Feb 2020, 22:15

geordieboy123 wrote:
rogersh wrote:https://www.facebook.com/ThecommunicationsUnion/videos/vb.981299138616232/2345127005778952/?type=2&theater

I’ll tell you what, these two never fail to inspire me and we are lucky we’ve got leadership like this, we can’t lose with Dave and Terry leading us from the front

Yeah, Dave softens them up, and Terry finishes them with a hammer blow.

28 Feb 2020, 23:29

geordieboy123 wrote:

Just lost our last 2 ballots in high court whose fault was that then????

29 Feb 2020, 06:54

aiden01 wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

I don't think that could of been foreseen by the union as it is a unique circumstance,opening your own mail at work which we've done for years and voting,no one truly thought that was gona happen.

29 Feb 2020, 11:20

geordieboy123 wrote:

What? Laurel and ruddy Hardy? If they ever figure out how to get the piano up the hill they might get round to trying to understand the law around ballots for industrial action and why THEY were to blame, rather than blaming it on judges.

It simply isn't worth voting at all this time while these clowns are in charge. My ballot is going straight in the bin.

29 Feb 2020, 14:41

Schiff wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

What? Laurel and ruddy Hardy? If they ever figure out how to get the piano up the hill they might get round to trying to understand the law around ballots for industrial action and why THEY were to blame, rather than blaming it on judges.

It simply isn't worth voting at all this time while these clowns are in charge. My ballot is going straight in the bin.

Refusing to vote or voting no means you accept what the company are offering, sounds a bit pathetic if you ask me

29 Feb 2020, 14:56

I'm looking at pictures of people that are putting "return to sender" on the literature royal mail are sending to employees! please just be careful you just never know how desperate this lot are going to be to stop any industrial action who would of thought the last court injunction was down to basically one manager giving bull$#!t evidence :hmmmm I'm thinking just bin it don't give them one micro organism (not sure if that's the right terminology) of ammunition to go whinging to the court's again :arrrghhh

29 Feb 2020, 16:20

geordieboy123 wrote:
Schiff wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

Refusing to vote or voting no means you accept what the company are offering, sounds a bit pathetic if you ask me

I don't want to accept what the company are offering, but I have absolutely no faith in the current union leadership being able to get us anything better. They have no realistic strategy, no understanding of their own failings so far and no chance of getting me to blindly follow them any more.

I have voted to take strike action the last 2 times, at the right time of year, when we have a chance of getting somewhere. The muppets in charge of the union cocked it up both times. Striking now just means losing pay with no real chance of winning the dispute due to the failings of our leadership. It will simply help Rico to prove that the vast majority of the public aren't all that bothered if they don't get letters delivered 6 days a week.

29 Feb 2020, 17:14

richietns wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

I don't think that could of been foreseen by the union as it is a unique circumstance,opening your own mail at work which we've done for years and voting,no one truly thought that was gona happen.

The union must have been aware of the rules (if not they are incompetent) - and must have known RM would try any trick to get the vote/strike stopped in it's tracks.

29 Feb 2020, 17:24

richietns wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

You're kidding aren't you?

Who would have thought encouraging members to open their ballot papers and vote in the workplace would have been in contravention of the ban on workplace ballots? And that encouraging members to post evidence of that unlawful activity on the union's own website might make it laughably easy to prove.

You're right I don't think anyone could have foreseen that, not even those well paid experts in employment law at Simpson & Millar.

29 Feb 2020, 21:59

Post69 wrote:I'm looking at pictures of people that are putting "return to sender" on the literature royal mail are sending to employees! please just be careful you just never know how desperate this lot are going to be to stop any industrial action who would of thought the last court injunction was down to basically one manager giving bull$#!t evidence :hmmmm I'm thinking just bin it don't give them one micro organism (not sure if that's the right terminology) of ammunition to go whinging to the court's again :arrrghhh

So you think the judge ruled in rms favour because of 1 manager giving bulshit evidence.. where have you been all those lovely photos of posties opening their own mail all over the country with no support from the hierarchy of the cwu to do it. :arrrghhh

01 Mar 2020, 00:32

aiden01 wrote:
Post69 wrote:I'm looking at pictures of people that are putting "return to sender" on the literature royal mail are sending to employees! please just be careful you just never know how desperate this lot are going to be to stop any industrial action who would of thought the last court injunction was down to basically one manager giving bull$#!t evidence :hmmmm I'm thinking just bin it don't give them one micro organism (not sure if that's the right terminology) of ammunition to go whinging to the court's again :arrrghhh

So you think the judge ruled in rms favour because of 1 manager giving bulshit evidence.. where have you been all those lovely photos of posties opening their own mail all over the country with no support from the hierarchy of the cwu to do it. :arrrghhh

Yep

01 Mar 2020, 02:03

We all know this county is corrupt and those who in power of the legislators will defend them bend ears and such will go on bended knee for the powers that be.

01 Mar 2020, 20:08

Schiff wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:
Schiff wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

I don't want to accept what the company are offering, but I have absolutely no faith in the current union leadership being able to get us anything better. They have no realistic strategy, no understanding of their own failings so far and no chance of getting me to blindly follow them any more.

I have voted to take strike action the last 2 times, at the right time of year, when we have a chance of getting somewhere. The muppets in charge of the union cocked it up both times. Striking now just means losing pay with no real chance of winning the dispute due to the failings of our leadership. It will simply help Rico to prove that the vast majority of the public aren't all that bothered if they don't get letters delivered 6 days a week.

I've voted for strike action in the past as well and what Royal Mail are offering us now is peanuts. You're right, the majority of the public probably won't be bothered if they don't get letters delivered 6 days a week and maybe even our our customers i.e. banks, utility companies etc might not be either. But its not just letters is it? How good would it look for a company thats planning to invest billions into parcel automation to not be able to deliver those parcels now because their workers are out on strike?? What message does that tell companies that regularly send parcels? We will lose business, we will lose jobs and for what???

Its not us nor the CWU that are the greedy ones here. Royal Mail will trot out the usual bull that we could be loss making and the pay offer is all that they can afford. Yet they can afford £400 million on vans and even £60 million on PDAs!! Well, why not just invest more of it on your own staff cause we will be the ones delivering 8 loops a day or so to account for it all.

Vote YES. Give the CWU every possible chance to bring Royal Mail's executive action and everything the company are planning (but are not telling you about) in check. I admit I'm not a big fan of Pullinger nor Ward, they have messed up in previous ballots, but I certainly wouldn't trust Rico and his cronies as far as I could throw them. Many of them will have more likely moved on by 2024 anyway.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1