not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

RMtv : Ricky McAulay Our proposal

21 Feb 2020, 23:36

22 Feb 2020, 02:37

I take no gig or zero hours as a threat, not as a statement of goodwill, as it has not been mentioned before.

22 Feb 2020, 11:46

No zero hours but what's to say they don't start employing on 4 hour contracts like someone I know who works for a company that does just that!

Time they all sat down and talked this out with 100% transparency so that average person understands and can be fully informed.

22 Feb 2020, 16:30

Nope, still have no idea what language he is speaking; however, from reading the subtitles, you can take your insulting offer and go eat a battered mars bar.

22 Feb 2020, 20:51

SSkUNkY wrote:Nope, still have no idea what language he is speaking; however, from reading the subtitles, you can take your insulting offer and go eat a battered mars bar.

lets not turn it into an english scottish thing were all getting shafted north south east west.

22 Feb 2020, 21:01

If I wanted a proposal it would not be from Tricky Ricky McAulay We all would have more splinters in our arses with him and Rico Back. The two biggest dildos going and wooden ones at that!

23 Feb 2020, 23:02

A pay rise is nice, even if it could be below or near inflation in 3 years time. Does anyone remember when we got that £800 bonus when Leighton and Crozier were in charge?? I think it was when we got rid of 2nd deliveries and we made a substantial operating profit off the back of it. The managers just recently got their £1k bonus and whilst, like us, they might have to clock in and out in future - where's the automated data on them to see how productive they are and find out whether their workloads need "re-aligning"??

Still no guarantee of the 1 hour off the working week as its still subject to RM performance. And how would this work when Royal Mail are already stating that the business could be loss making next year?? :hmmmm Surely spending £1.8 billion on parcel hubs isn't going to help is it? Does anyone remember those failed trials that they did last year that was promised to bring in the big bucks? Who is to say that this LAT or 1 in 6 idea isn't going to be massively profitable either? Just imagine walking an extra loop every day, plus the lapse on top. You might have less mail to deliver but that doesn't mean that you're not going to be cream crackered everyday.

24 Feb 2020, 06:49

postslippete wrote:A pay rise is nice, even if it could be below or near inflation in 3 years time. Does anyone remember when we got that £800 bonus when Leighton and Crozier were in charge?? I think it was when we got rid of 2nd deliveries and we made a substantial operating profit off the back of it. The managers just recently got their £1k bonus and whilst, like us, they might have to clock in and out in future - where's the automated data on them to see how productive they are and find out whether their workloads need "re-aligning"??

Still no guarantee of the 1 hour off the working week as its still subject to RM performance. And how would this work when Royal Mail are already stating that the business could be loss making next year?? :hmmmm Surely spending £1.8 billion on parcel hubs isn't going to help is it? Does anyone remember those failed trials that they did last year that was promised to bring in the big bucks? Who is to say that this LAT or 1 in 6 idea isn't going to be massively profitable either? Just imagine walking an extra loop every day, plus the lapse on top. You might have less mail to deliver but that doesn't mean that you're not going to be cream crackered everyday.

I think is says something about the ego's of our "leaders" that they announce all these changes in the manor they have without evidence that they will actually work. These trials very well could come back as failures. Then what for them? They have potentially jumped the gun and gambled with our livelihoods in the mean time.

24 Feb 2020, 10:00

It's this "people who can and want to work for royal mail" is the statement that concerns me amongst a lot of other things that they say because they are disingenuous about this whole dispute (snake oil salesmen springs to mind) I find myself constantly having to read between the very blurred lines and it just get so tiring and I just stop watching :hmmmm whatever happend to just telling the real truth ;liar

24 Feb 2020, 23:21

Post69 wrote:It's this "people who can and want to work for royal mail" is the statement that concerns me amongst a lot of other things that they say because they are disingenuous about this whole dispute (snake oil salesmen springs to mind) I find myself constantly having to read between the very blurred lines and it just get so tiring and I just stop watching :hmmmm whatever happend to just telling the real truth ;liar

Because in their eyes you can't handle the truth.

26 Feb 2020, 19:37

Looks good to me - think of all those staff in Lloyds, Direct Line, Tesco and Virgin Money who are all being laid off - and don't want to be!

26 Feb 2020, 22:12

Also, what's the point of investing all this money into clocking on machines?? Its all well and good moving away from paper based systems but we still sign for our van keys/specials and and overtime. How else will the company be able to distinguish between someone who was asked to do early sorting on overtime to someone who voluntarily came in early for free??

What exactly is the business after? Do they expect managers to stand like bouncers on the door and not let anyone leave because they owe the business another 20 minutes that day? Stop ghost overtime? All it's going to do is force postie's to say sod the lapse and maybe leave a loop/packets and we will use the trolleys and work to time instead.

Or would the company recognise the immense goodwill that postie's willingly give the business instead?

26 Feb 2020, 22:33

No, they believe the letters will drop to zero in the next few months and they won`t have to pay any Ot :crazy:

26 Feb 2020, 23:56

Janet Brum wrote:No, they believe the letters will drop to zero in the next few months and they won`t have to pay any Ot :crazy:

It's what happens when you change your core operation overnight with no real planning then blindly throw ideas about hoping one of them will work.
It's soul destroying going to work these days wondering what crack pot idea they'll expect us to make work this time.

27 Feb 2020, 09:14

postslippete wrote:Also, what's the point of investing all this money into clocking on machines?? Its all well and good moving away from paper based systems but we still sign for our van keys/specials and and overtime. How else will the company be able to distinguish between someone who was asked to do early sorting on overtime to someone who voluntarily came in early for free??

What exactly is the business after? Do they expect managers to stand like bouncers on the door and not let anyone leave because they owe the business another 20 minutes that day? Stop ghost overtime? All it's going to do is force postie's to say sod the lapse and maybe leave a loop/packets and we will use the trolleys and work to time instead.

Or would the company recognise the immense goodwill that postie's willingly give the business instead?

It's a managers job to do all those things and they should be made to do them but we all know with managers its anything for an easy life and they've let way too much slide and now the job is right royally fu£ked. And if posties had taken it upon themselves to do as you state use trolleys, work to time and let go of the notion of "good will" they wouldn't be facing even big deliveries than they are currently doing.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1