not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

executive action

21 Feb 2020, 18:20

duties to go to minimum 4 1/2 hr del spans
1 in 6 duties to be collapsed
20 vrs going to be offered
1 in 4 sats being looked at
emergency gate meeting tmrrw sat

if rm can bring executive action wheres ours

executive action

21 Feb 2020, 18:50

hans solo wrote:duties to go to minimum 4 1/2 hr del spans

Delivery span apperas acceptable
Depends if people will be forced out the office area for the 1 in 6 to work
Im sure youve got 20 posties who want to go
If your part time you only really get 2 sats a year anyway!

executive action

21 Feb 2020, 19:39

Most of our van shares are already 4 and a half hours long, and I'm sure mine isn't the only office.

executive action

21 Feb 2020, 19:46

leolion855 wrote:
hans solo wrote:duties to go to minimum 4 1/2 hr del spans

Delivery span apperas acceptable
Depends if people will be forced out the office area for the 1 in 6 to work
Im sure youve got 20 posties who want to go
If your part time you only really get 2 sats a year anyway!

Part timers in my office get 1 in 4 Saturdays off the same as full timers plus they are on 3 day weeks so when it's their Saturday off they aren't back until Thursday. So all's not rubbish for part timers

With regard to the original post, how long are the duties now? If they are getting rid of that many duties they must think they are short at the moment, we have had duties removed a couple of years ago and extra loops put on our frames. All this executive action sounds like they are doing to all areas what they have already done to others that don't have strong union representation.

executive action

21 Feb 2020, 21:05

The last office I worked in the deliveries were , on the easiest ones about 5 hours long on an average day and the worst approaching 6.

This was because of previous poor revisions and the area having massive expansion while smaller offices have been moved in.

This new parcel strategy will be unworkable there , and I’ll tell you something else , walking that far everyday really gives you loads of muscoskeletal issues.

Going ahead with this will lead to more sickness , out longer in the worse weathers is awful.

executive action

21 Feb 2020, 21:09

20 VR's …. Lucky c***s. :nana

executive action

21 Feb 2020, 22:30

"minimum" 4hrs 30
ours is that now on an average day, take oversized parcels out and it'll become 5 to 5hrs 30 per day, and knees will be fecked inside 5 years
it definitely will not happen, and i'll admit i don't use a trolley too,
but if RM insist on a revamp using the correct equipment they are proclaiming to be investing in then a properly timed revision must be insisted on by the CWU using the correct tools

executive action

22 Feb 2020, 13:21

General Mannerheim wrote:20 VR's …. Lucky c***s. :nana

Yeh. they've said that at our place also.Thing is we're a LAT office and our area covers three offices over about 400 square miles.There's no way we can cover the packets with about 8 staff so I think we'll actually be taking on from one of the other offices.

It's a bit like when the Union said that RM might do away with a Tues. It's probably going to be a Saturday we lose and the Union didn't want to say Saturday as some people wouldn't vote to fight it.
This time it's the company doing it. Offer twenty VRs so some people won't vote to fight it in the ballot. Then screw them over afterwards.

executive action

22 Feb 2020, 20:53

20 VR,s - how many people employed at your office ?

executive action

25 Feb 2020, 17:41

executive update
trying to remove 1in 4 sat and revert to 1 in 6 reason, they can do away with cover jobs
meaning duties on 4 day weeks also return to 1 in 6
can rm remove national 1 in 4 agreement ?

readjusting duties :left:
going to add 40 min on to every duty regardless of current actual span
they are (planners) not using pda capture to determine span and times as it doesn,t show in their favour
going to use failed georoute method as staff not prepared to assist with duty changes
planners saying we are not going quick enough deliberately slower
can rm determine walk size span etc without using tools that was supposed to sort out evening up of duties

1 in 6 duties to be used as parcel lat duty
the 40 min re readjusting will take up the collapsed duty

collection being looked at
we already collect boxes on route now looking for post office collections on delivery to do away with backshift duties

executive action

26 Feb 2020, 10:16

When are the above changes planned to be implemented (if allowed to ).

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1