not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

12 Feb 2020, 17:35

Let's see what's going on around the business, please keep on topic so we get a decent thread with lots of info.
(Don't be offended if certain stuff gets deleted)

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

12 Feb 2020, 18:03

We’re having our CSS machines removed. 4 operators put back on deliveries after 9 years

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

12 Feb 2020, 19:43

We have had our Stage 3 it's now onto Stage 4 but our area rep today recons that our DoM or whoever is in charge over him is under that much pressure to go ahead Stage 4 won't hapopen and it it will be Executive Action next. Apparently it's our actual DoM who has pushed as hard as he can to get the changes he wants in. The main issues seem to be a change in working hours starting later and finishing at 3 everyday and VR's approx 15-20. There are obviously more issues but these seem to be the 2 most people are concerned with. We've had reasons as to why the changes are coming in but it's more like excuses. We've also been advised on what to do should they force changes in.

Oh, I think we got to a Stage 3 disagreement within a week also.

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

12 Feb 2020, 20:31

What are they doing regarding VRs, seniority, same terms and conditions, etc or a completely different method?

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

12 Feb 2020, 20:33

we having machines removed after 9 year also, dom on about clockin in an out

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

12 Feb 2020, 21:02

Are RM reverting all MPUs back to being normal DOs?

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

12 Feb 2020, 21:32

They're obviously trying their luck, I've heard this will be happening in mine, wholesale unagreed duty changes, hoping weak reps will let it in, in other offices strong reps will fight back hard, we're talking about having local strike ballot on top of the National ballot, coordinating dates for maximum impact.

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 02:00

Bristol Mail Centre trying to push people into other areas ahead of re-alinement. Union has said nothing can change until national agreement agreed. Shift managers lent on by Mail Centre Manager to force change. Think MCm name is rob something. After all this time, this is the first time ever,I have not known the MCm name. I think he's been in post for 3 years??? Very strong Union here, but favouritism/management culture is putting up a fight.

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 07:53

teesdale wrote:Bristol Mail Centre trying to push people into other areas ahead of re-alinement. Union has said nothing can change until national agreement agreed. Shift managers lent on by Mail Centre Manager to force change. Think MCm name is rob something. After all this time, this is the first time ever,I have not known the MCm name. I think he's been in post for 3 years??? Very strong Union here, but favouritism/management culture is putting up a fight.

What machines does Bristol currently have (inc any CSS machines in MPUs)?

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 16:43

Swindon - we're trialing the big parcels go later, but postman obsorb more walk (+savings/lapsing still)

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 16:56

gimba wrote:Swindon - we're trialing the big parcels go later, but postman obsorb more walk (+savings/lapsing still)


Im hoping you're all going to try your hardest to make sure its a huge success so it's rolled out nationally!

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 17:29

gimba wrote:Swindon - we're trialing the big parcels go later, but postman obsorb more walk (+savings/lapsing still)


Im hoping you are all taking your breaks,using trolleys and trying at least 3 neighbours for parcels.

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 18:06

TheStrangler wrote:What are they doing regarding VRs, seniority, same terms and conditions, etc or a completely different method?


We were told seniority.

They also talking of clocking on machines. Something to do with every 6th walk collapsed and done as absorbing with that 6th person doing all parcels above shoe box size. We alos been told today under NO circumstancies are PDAs allowed to be turned off.

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 18:32

smok3y666 wrote:
TheStrangler wrote:What are they doing regarding VRs, seniority, same terms and conditions, etc or a completely different method?


We were told seniority.

They also talking of clocking on machines. Something to do with every 6th walk collapsed and done as absorbing with that 6th person doing all parcels above shoe box size. We alos been told today under NO circumstancies are PDAs allowed to be turned off.


What about when its raining and they f**k up as normal and need rebooting?

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 18:51

leolion855 wrote:
smok3y666 wrote:
TheStrangler wrote:What are they doing regarding VRs, seniority, same terms and conditions, etc or a completely different method?


We were told seniority.

They also talking of clocking on machines. Something to do with every 6th walk collapsed and done as absorbing with that 6th person doing all parcels above shoe box size. We alos been told today under NO circumstancies are PDAs allowed to be turned off.


What about when its raining and they f**k up as normal and need rebooting?


By off I meant OFF as in turned off. We were told today there was around 20 something PDAs turned off yesterday presumably because people finished way too early and think they can pull a fast one by turning their PDAs off.

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 19:08

smok3y666 wrote:By off I meant OFF as in turned off. We were told today there was around 20 something PDAs turned off yesterday presumably because people finished way too early and think they can pull a fast one by turning their PDAs off.


Just shows are dumb some people are. Rather put their jobs at risk to fiddle and get home early than doing the job properly and finish to time or even leave some behind for the lino's to sort out. :arrrghhh

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 20:21

What do we mean by switching the PDA off?

Is pressing the power button to give a black screen switching it off? Or is that just power saving?

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 21:17

teesdale wrote:Bristol Mail Centre trying to push people into other areas ahead of re-alinement. Union has said nothing can change until national agreement agreed. Shift managers lent on by Mail Centre Manager to force change. Think MCm name is rob something. After all this time, this is the first time ever,I have not known the MCm name. I think he's been in post for 3 years??? Very strong Union here, but favouritism/management culture is putting up a fight.


so if one area is currently overstaffed to workload what happens when that work area has nothing to do?
do they get sent to areas where there is work to do or just stand about doing nothing?
My office is badly in need of a revision to match bodies to workload,

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 21:48

the beautiful bd south wrote:
teesdale wrote:Bristol Mail Centre trying to push people into other areas ahead of re-alinement. Union has said nothing can change until national agreement agreed. Shift managers lent on by Mail Centre Manager to force change. Think MCm name is rob something. After all this time, this is the first time ever,I have not known the MCm name. I think he's been in post for 3 years??? Very strong Union here, but favouritism/management culture is putting up a fight.


so if one area is currently overstaffed to workload what happens when that work area has nothing to do?
do they get sent to areas where there is work to do or just stand about doing nothing?
My office is badly in need of a revision to match bodies to workload,

Locally staff get moved around sections depending on what work is available

What executive action, if any, is happening at your place?

13 Feb 2020, 21:49

wacko74 wrote:What do we mean by switching the PDA off?

Is pressing the power button to give a black screen switching it off? Or is that just power saving?


I give up.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4