not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

CWU : We have had some members concerned about the use of social media in this ballot. Please be assured it is absolutely fine and here DGSP Terry Pullinger explains why

12 Feb 2020, 17:17

CWU : We have had some members concerned about the use of social media in this ballot. Please be assured it is absolutely fine and here DGSP Terry Pullinger explains why

12 Feb 2020, 17:20

If you're interested, we have a copy of the judgement here...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 69&t=93540

12 Feb 2020, 17:31

Until the ballot gets over turned for use of social medial again..Muppets, it would be much better to be safe and tell us to steer clear of social media use.

12 Feb 2020, 18:07

Who is the bloke with the beard?
Should he even have a job after the last debacle?

12 Feb 2020, 18:09

Denial ain't just a river in Africa....

12 Feb 2020, 18:57

Is it Terrys son? I know he’s involved in some way.

12 Feb 2020, 19:10

I wish he'd stop dismissing RM as 'amateurs'. It gives the impression that they're clowns who don't have a clue what they're doing. Nothing could be further from the truth. RM senior management know exactly what they're doing and in my view we should be very worried by that. They're ruthless and driven by an agenda to turn us into another courier company on crap T&Cs, insecure contracts, etc. The relentless driving down of the share price doesn't reflect incompetence, it reflects deliberate policy.

12 Feb 2020, 19:40

The union is free to put out more information via social media channels. Indeed this would be a good thing as most of the time we kept in the dark by both the union & RM. Just make absolutely sure any union hotheads are kept under control so they don't harass posties and allow everyone to consider their vote at home. It's highly unlikely there would be less than a majority vote for industrial action given the behaviour of RM in recent times so TP should calm down a little and get us out on multiple days of strike action ASAP!!!

12 Feb 2020, 19:58

cobrakai wrote:Is it Terrys son? I know he’s involved in some way.

That made me laugh.
It's Chris Webb, communications wizard who came up with the wonderful idea of getting members to post videos of themselves voting on social media.

He wrote this self congratutory piece of genius...

Holding and winning a national ballot of 110,000 members across 1,400 workplaces is not easy and we felt we had to look at ways of improving our engagement. Part of this was online – the hashtag #WeRiseAgain and our social media pages reached millions of people, our video received over 4 million views, 20,000 members signed up to our WhatsApp broadcasts. An additional 25,000 members were reached by a national phonebank.

But most crucially of all were our 1,250 workplace meetings. The explosive combination of the workplace meetings being posted on social media created a competitive feeling in our membership across the UK. 150 members lined up to post their ballots in Warrington, then this was beaten by 200 in Croydon. Dancing postal workers in Plymouth were pipped by spiderman posting his vote in Cumbria. Nobody wanted to be left out as members literally queued all over the nation to cast their vote.

Just before the courts ruled the whole malarkey unlawful.

12 Feb 2020, 21:25

I was posted the same vid earlier today. its actually 8.28 long. in the first 4 mins he mentions the april pay claim, and what was sent to the union about stuart simpson, the finance director for RM. he had submitted a 'podcast to share holders for a Q&A. and the shareholders were told by mr Simpson that the union were NOT reacting to local unofficial industrial action. which is totally untrue, every unit that is involved in executive action have requested ballots for I.A. and the union are fast tracking all requested ballots. Terry Pullinger then said to all the shareholders listening in, I am telling you now that what MR simpson has said is absolutely untrue.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1