not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Struggling

07 Feb 2020, 12:58

Anyone else getting nervous about not having a job or being relocated against their wishes due to not knowing what on earths going on,what the cwu plan is or what rm plan is?

As far as job security goes this is doing my anxiety and depression no good at all and whatever they are going to do i just wish they would get on with it so we all know where we stand and weather to go and look for alternative employment or not?

Struggling

07 Feb 2020, 13:43

There's never been any mention of compulsory redundancies so you can rule that out from any worry.

RM have started the ball rolling with executive action yes, but the union are still in a position of massive strength if the ballot to strike is as high as last time.

Ultimately though we need cooperation and commitment from both sides to get an agreement and move forward without resorting to striking.

Struggling

07 Feb 2020, 15:58

leolion855 wrote:Anyone else getting nervous about not having a job or being relocated against their wishes due to not knowing what on earths going on,what the cwu plan is or what rm plan is?

As far as job security goes this is doing my anxiety and depression no good at all and whatever they are going to do i just wish they would get on with it so we all know where we stand and weather to go and look for alternative employment or not?

Could agree more , I think the union need to start talking , before the executive action gets out of hand .

Struggling

07 Feb 2020, 16:00

Try and chill mate.We can’t do much at moment and now have the advantage of seeing what tricks Royal Mail pull.
It’s a waiting game till after the ballot.

Struggling

07 Feb 2020, 17:49

Don,t worry there is a job for those who can and want to work for Royal Mail :roll:

Struggling

07 Feb 2020, 21:14

30+YEARMAN wrote:Don,t worry there is a job for those who can and want to work for Royal Mail :roll:

Yeah but I don't want to work for these muppets anymore, but it would be nice to know that they are offering EVR, instead of executive action and just expecting people to f**k off. :roll:

Struggling

07 Feb 2020, 21:23

General Mannerheim wrote:
30+YEARMAN wrote:Don,t worry there is a job for those who can and want to work for Royal Mail :roll:

Yeah but I don't want to work for these muppets anymore, but it would be nice to know that they are offering EVR, instead of executive action and just expecting people to f**k off. :roll:

Cant imagine there will be anything but very limited EVR’s. If management are trying to smoke out the whole union they are not going to think twice about smoking out staff who would rather not be there any longer. The amount of colleagues I speak to who are holding out for evr or ill health retirement shows you how far south the business has gone.

Struggling

08 Feb 2020, 09:39

Unfortunately with the way this regime operates I can see vr being offered but the terms being much lower than currently available. I know there is an agreed formula but we all know that agreements mean sweet fa to this lot

Struggling

08 Feb 2020, 10:03

celtic1967 wrote:Unfortunately with the way this regime operates I can see vr being offered but the terms being much lower than currently available. I know there is an agreed formula but we all know that agreements mean sweet fa to this lot

If Royal Mail do cut the terms massively then fewer people would take VR so it would be in their interest to leave things as they are.

Struggling

08 Feb 2020, 11:04

leolion855 wrote:Anyone else getting nervous about not having a job or being relocated against their wishes due to not knowing what on earths going on,what the cwu plan is or what rm plan is?

You have a valid question! I'm fortunate (at the moment) that I just work mon-fri although I do work until stupid o clock but at the weekend at the moment I'm just so relieved that I'm not at work mixed around all the doom and gloom and the anxiety just for a few days does tend to disappear on thinking were the hell is all this going "the fight of our lives" "executive action" etc etc don't get me wrong it's all very serious problems which this incompetent senior management have forced upon us through nothing other than their own personal financial gain but this last few months I've really been thinking more than ever about my employment future which really makes me incredibly angry that this dictatorship has forced me to do :evil/mad to the point that I'm thinking f#$!k waiting for the ballot to roll out I've probably got nothing to lose let's just grind to a holt now and see what happens :hmmmm and that is so not what I normally think :d'oh!

Struggling

08 Feb 2020, 11:06

Deadly wrote:
celtic1967 wrote:Unfortunately with the way this regime operates I can see vr being offered but the terms being much lower than currently available. I know there is an agreed formula but we all know that agreements mean sweet fa to this lot

If Royal Mail do cut the terms massively then fewer people would take VR so it would be in their interest to leave things as they are.

I 100% hope you are right

Struggling

09 Feb 2020, 17:13

I’m a worrier, but I doubt we'll see compulsory redundancies. This isn’t my first stint at RM, and although it’s clear that Rico & co have different ideas, I doubt, as far as job losses go, that they’ll diverge significantly from the usual MO of a hiring freeze followed by the offer of VR if staff numbers are not sufficiently reduced. Having worked in both well staffed offices and those completely stuffed as soon as there’s a bit of sickness, I expect the uphill struggle of the latter might become increasingly common.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1