not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Petition or communication with mps

06 Feb 2020, 21:43

It may be pointless but as much as I support the union, its become very frustrating listening to the roll out of all these executive actions from management and all we get is a ballot in a months time. By that stage who knows what rico will have implemented.

I read somewhere if you can get a 100,000 signatures on a petition the topic has to be discussed in parliament, is that correct ? It may be a waste of time but if we as the workforce took some action such as this and started to highlight the situation to the general public and our MPs who may be in the dark about how bad things may become, it may help us out.

Few of us were talking about it this morning about how feckin useless it is sitting around waiting on a ballot that will then go to court etc....

Anybody know if such a petition is a possibility and how do you go about such an idea ?

06 Feb 2020, 21:51

I commend your positivity and efforts to be proactive but I'm sure parliament wouldn't give a toss about the postmans plight against big business.

06 Feb 2020, 21:57

I agree mate but at some point the country will have to realise that we actually do provide a useful service and one that needs to be protected.

06 Feb 2020, 23:39

Parcels may be the talk of management, but when there is a walkout and thousands of hospital appointments fail to be delivered, passports fail to be delivered on time for peoples holidays, solicitors unable to get important legal documents distributed, etc etc, then parcels will be the least of their worries.
Many things can be done through social media, emails etc but written documents are still a big part of Royal Mail income and will probably remain that way for at least another ten years or more. With 80 to 100 thousand delivery staff walking out it will cripple them and there is no doubt there will be a big backlash from the big shareholders, fund managers, and I think Boris will also have to get off his backside and get involved.

07 Feb 2020, 08:25

Lincox wrote:Parcels may be the talk of management, but when there is a walkout and thousands of hospital appointments fail to be delivered, passports fail to be delivered on time for peoples holidays, solicitors unable to get important legal documents distributed, etc etc, then parcels will be the least of their worries.
Many things can be done through social media, emails etc but written documents are still a big part of Royal Mail income and will probably remain that way for at least another ten years or more. With 80 to 100 thousand delivery staff walking out it will cripple them and there is no doubt there will be a big backlash from the big shareholders, fund managers, and I think Boris will also have to get off his backside and get involved.

Mmm. Maybe.

The way we'll strike will be a day or two a week. Maybe delaying items by a few days. Damn few of those things you mention will be needed so desperately urgently.

If we all-out strike, we'll be beaten well inside a month (our members simply will not be or feel able to sustain that amount of financial loss)

However if we rotate strikes one or two days a week, all we'll do is prove that the current six days of work can be managed in five, which would suit RM just fine (striking coinciding with peak summer lapsing is untimely, to put it mildly).

Don't get me wrong. I think we need to strike. But I don't think it's going to end well for us.

07 Feb 2020, 11:47

And just read a comment section on any online newspaper if anyone thinks we will get public support for striking...no chance

07 Feb 2020, 15:09

DGH wrote:
Lincox wrote:Parcels may be the talk of management, but when there is a walkout and thousands of hospital appointments fail to be delivered, passports fail to be delivered on time for peoples holidays, solicitors unable to get important legal documents distributed, etc etc, then parcels will be the least of their worries.

Mmm. Maybe.

The way we'll strike will be a day or two a week. Maybe delaying items by a few days. Damn few of those things you mention will be needed so desperately urgently.

If we all-out strike, we'll be beaten well inside a month (our members simply will not be or feel able to sustain that amount of financial loss)

However if we rotate strikes one or two days a week, all we'll do is prove that the current six days of work can be managed in five, which would suit RM just fine (striking coinciding with peak summer lapsing is untimely, to put it mildly).

Don't get me wrong. I think we need to strike. But I don't think it's going to end well for us.

This is not a strike for a pay increase. Everyone's job is on the line and it may be that a prolonged strike is a sacrifice that people have to make to ensure that they have a job and that job is not carried out in a culture of incessant bullying and harrassment.

08 Feb 2020, 20:21

Here is the website https://petition.parliament.uk/ but due to the mass popularism of Boris Johnson it seams to be overloaded maybe he is having his ears bashed by Donald again 5G anyone ?

09 Feb 2020, 00:19

DGH wrote:

Mmm. Maybe.

However if we rotate strikes one or two days a week, all we'Lily can do is prove that the current six days of work can be managed in five, which would suit RM just fine (striking coinciding with peak summer lapsing is untimely, to put it mildly).

This is why we need an overtime ban, they can't cope without it

09 Feb 2020, 09:13

I read somewhere if you can get a 100,000 signatures on a petition the topic has to be discussed in parliament

k979aaa wrote:Here is the website https://petition.parliament.uk/ but due to the mass popularism of Boris Johnson it seams to be overloaded maybe he is having his ears bashed by Donald again 5G anyone ?

The petitions website was closed when the GE was called and the committee that runs it was dissolved.

It is the responsibility of the new government to set up committees and as yet Boris has been too busy to bother,.

Questions are being asked whether it will ever reopen or whether it's been deliberately and quietly binned, governments like this don't tend to like public scrutiny.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1