not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Dispute update

04 Feb 2020, 20:17

Urgent Update on The CWU’s decision to ballot the membership for strike action

Dear Colleague

Royal Mail over the last three weeks have made a calculated decision to move ahead with their Business strategy without agreement.

Approximately 30 offices across the Country have been given notice that revisions including MPU closures and Post Box Strategy Revisions will be introduced within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Royal Mail’s decision to introduce these unagreed plans, means there are a significant number of OPGs who don’t know if they have a job and if they do in which location within 4 to 6 weeks.

In London , Camden MPU has been given notice it will be closing in 4 weeks and the work transfered to Greenford Mail Centre. The staff at Camden MPU do not know where they will be working in 4 weeks time and if they have a job , what they will be performing.

This is totally unacceptable. Royal Mail should be ashamed with themselves.

In fact , Royal Mail have adopted a new charm offensive spinning and trying to justify their decision to introduce unagreed change on revisions.

However the cold and stark reality is that there decision to push ahead with unagreed change leaves post workers in those sites with an uncertain future.

We understand that Royal Mail will be announcing more executive action over the next few weeks. Royal Mail are currently targeting , MPU closures , Post Box Strategy , VRs linked to a Mail Centre realignment , moving delivery starts back and removal of improved attendances in Delivery.

At the same time running parallel to this Royal Mail are also introducing their Journey Transformation Agenda by imposition and not negotiation.

This includes introducing in Swindon and Crewe the removal of larger parcels ( Above Shoe Box size )from the core delivery and moving it later.

There end game plan is that approximately one in every six deliveries will become a later driver who will deliver the larger parcels for not only the office they work but the catchment areas which the Later Acceptance Office currently delivers for.

The driver will move later in the day and deliver all the larger parcels for a number of offices. The remaining 5 walks will be asked to absorb the drivers delivery. Additionally Royal Mail plan to reduce replenishment van duties.

The Delivery Offices in the wider catchment area will lose this workload completely , meaning that there will be a requirement for reductions in duties , attendances and hours.

Royal Mail’s end game is to have 3 parcel hubs across the UK which will automate the larger parcels to circa 200 to 300 offices.

This is completely game changing and will have an impact on every office, every function and will lead to significant job reductions and new ways of working.

Royal Mail are trying to impose this far reaching plan on the workforce. This is simply unacceptable.

Additionally Royal Mail have decided to introduce Automated Hours Data Capture into a number of offices including PRDC by imposition.

Royal Mail say on their Communications that it simply designed to replace having to sign in and out with a pen and paper.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Royal Mail want to introduce automated signing in and out and link it to the hours you actually get paid and your attendance times.

In fact in Greenford Mail Centre a manager attempted to use the data from the automated hours data capture to change part timers starts time by 30 minutes and removal of scheduled attendance.

Royal Mail are trying to con its workforce by deliberately not telling employees that the only way that the cost of introducing the equipment for automated signing in and out is by linking it to what is paid in overtime , SA and eventually to use it to resource introduce revisions and annualised hours.

Royal Mail are also imposing Resource Scheduler which is designed to produce a different duty schedule for offices on a weekly or seasonal basis.

The imposition of AHDC and Resource Scheduler is part of Royal Mail’s wider strategy called Enterprise which is designed to link PDA’s , AHDC , Traffic Transformation together to produce a new duty list for a delivery office per week or for a period and reduce overtime , rest day working , part timers hours above contracts , change start times and remove improved attendances.

This policy is ultimately designed to reduce the unions ability to consult and negotiate on duties and resourcing as the computer and systems are designed to introduce the change.

It is against this backdrop that the CWU has been left with no other alternative than to ballot the membership for strike action.

The ballot timetable is that ballot papers will be dispatched on 3rd March and the result will be announced on 17th March.

All industrial action ballot results are important but rarely have we seen Royal Mail management deciding to virtually de-recognise the CWU and impose what they want without any safeguards for members as we see now happening .

The CWU have been perfectly reasonable and said that we would talk with Royal Mail about the issues they want providing they halted the executive action.

To date all Royal Mail have done is threaten to introduce more executive action.

It is therefore essential that members vote once again to support your union who is fighting to stop Royal Mail’s imposing change on the workforce which will have far reaching effects on jobs and terms and conditions.

Over the next few weeks all reps will be hold membership meetings to inform you of the reasons to vote yes in the Industrial Action Ballot.

However perhaps the biggest reason to vote yes is to inform Royal Mail that imposition is never the answer to introducing change on the workforce. This union cannot never allow Royal Mail to impose change on the membership.

By voting yes , the membership will once again demonstrate that they stand by their union and demand negotiation on their future terms and conditions and not dictation.

Please vote yes and make your voice heard to Royal Mail that we will never be defeated.

A statement by the London Divisional Committee

Dispute update

04 Feb 2020, 20:30

Reading the post is quite worrying. RM really do seem to be moving on with these changes very quickly. Makes me think is RM in financial troubles?

Dispute update

04 Feb 2020, 20:33

:roll:
Last edited by General Mannerheim on 04 Feb 2020, 20:56, edited 2 times in total.

Dispute update

05 Feb 2020, 10:47

If royal mails new plans are the best way forward, why are the shares falling, very near to its lowest level ever.

Dispute update

05 Feb 2020, 11:05

seaside wrote:If royal mails new plans are the best way forward, why are the shares falling, very near to its lowest level ever.

The market may be expecting bad news in Thursday's trading update.

Dispute update

05 Feb 2020, 11:06

Plus the union have just announced a new industrial action ballot.

Dispute update

05 Feb 2020, 21:31

heathrow86 wrote:Reading the post is quite worrying. RM really do seem to be moving on with these changes very quickly. Makes me think is RM in financial troubles?

It seems so: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 38&t=94120

Dispute update

05 Feb 2020, 23:55

Even a blind man could see how RM has been treating it's staff for ages now. No doubt the likes of George Osbourne's cronies are still shorting the RM shares as well which to my mind should be an illegal act. The financial press have not agreed with any of the decisions made by the current or previous CEO largely stemming from the dividend being paid having no relationship to the perceived profitability of the company.
A war is about to begin between us and Rico and there is no way to know who will win it. What Rico is doing cannot go on and one way or another I think he will have to go.

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 11:38

I think the shares have just gone past there record low! I'm definitely no expert on stocks and shares but surly investors must be looking at the woeful price of their investments thinking what the hell is going on! And it's a well known fact you take your employees with you and involve them in whatever direction a company goes you will have a successful business :arrrghhh this dictatorship stands out a mile they are in it for the benefit of themselves financially! You just can't ignore a workforces views and expect to have everything go well bringing things in by executive actions is only going to go one way especially if it's a country wide workforce you have to have agreements so everyone will be on the same page :hmmmm doing things by executive action you will have different interpretations from office to office with a workforce which will only be to glad to watch it fail.......its just complete and utter madness :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 12:18

Or maybe that is what they want or rather are prepared to do. Let us go out on strike - lose business - run at a loss - shares at around £1 - divident stopped - change of contracts on the table (there will always be jobs for those who can and want to work for Royal Mail).

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 13:27

I'm more convinced than ever that Rico is doing his best to talk the business down in order to put pressure on the CWU and OFCOM to accept the changes he wants to make... I suspect he will be delighted at the latest share price.

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 14:44

I wonder how much lower the share price has to go before the likes of Amazon etc make a takeover bid for RM. Just a thought.

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 15:37

Marshamp11 wrote:I wonder how much lower the share price has to go before the likes of Amazon etc make a takeover bid for RM. Just a thought.

It's already bizarrely low now, I believe I'm correct in saying that just RM property and land holdings alone are worth more than the current share price, so as a going concern it has a negative value!

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 18:44

what I would like to hear from the CWU is their plan going forward, we all know we have to change, from my point of view I would love somebody else to do my large parcels, the LAT driver in our office has around 8 parcels per day to deliver over a 30 mile radius, how can this be cost effective, somebody on this forum must know the CWU preferred option .

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 18:45

wacko74 wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:I wonder how much lower the share price has to go before the likes of Amazon etc make a takeover bid for RM. Just a thought.

It's already bizarrely low now, I believe I'm correct in saying that just RM property and land holdings alone are worth more than the current share price, so as a going concern it has a negative value!

The main asset in Royal Mail is the name of the company, our good reputation and the trust the public have in us, the Posties themselves and their collective knowledge base. Other than these factors there is relatively little in terms of monetary assets.
Just like the stock market it's based on whether there is confidence or no confidence.

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 18:55

billycat wrote:what I would like to hear from the CWU is their plan going forward, we all know we have to change, from my point of view I would love somebody else to do my large parcels, the LAT driver in our office has around 8 parcels per day to deliver over a 30 mile radius, how can this be cost effective, somebody on this forum must know the CWU preferred option .

I would suspect the aims of the current union leadership are the same as before. If the can get the Four Pillars and the SWW reinstated they will hail that as a monumental victory and let all the other changes such as executive actions, new parcel strategy, dropping the once across the ground policy which is the best method of delivery fall on us like a ton of manure. We need people in charge of the union, like Martin Walsh, who are willing to let us know what is on the table and try to save the business.

Dispute update

06 Feb 2020, 18:58

billycat wrote:what I would like to hear from the CWU is their plan going forward, we all know we have to change.

They have already said what their plan is, sit round the table and work together to take the business forward. They have also said they know the business needs to adapt and change, you do that together though.

Dispute update

10 Feb 2020, 17:07

wacko74 wrote:I'm more convinced than ever that Rico is doing his best to talk the business down in order to put pressure on the CWU and OFCOM to accept the changes he wants to make... I suspect he will be delighted at the latest share price.

If that were true, why would he buy 500,000 shares now, when he could buy when the price goes lower??

Dispute update

10 Feb 2020, 17:12

wandle wrote:
wacko74 wrote:I'm more convinced than ever that Rico is doing his best to talk the business down in order to put pressure on the CWU and OFCOM to accept the changes he wants to make... I suspect he will be delighted at the latest share price.

If that were true, why would he buy 500,000 shares now, when he could buy when the price goes lower??

IIRC he has to as its all part of his contract and having a set monetary value of shares at all times.

Dispute update

10 Feb 2020, 17:17

wandle wrote:

Maybe he will buy more when they go down further.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2