not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ballot dates announced! 3rd March - 17th March

04 Feb 2020, 15:37

04 Feb 2020, 16:29

NO OPENING BALLOTS IN YOUR OFFICE

NO SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS/PICS OF YOUR BALLOTS OR BALLOT PAPERS IN OFFICE MEETINGS PLEASE :thumbup

04 Feb 2020, 16:46

leolion855 wrote:NO OPENING BALLOTS IN YOUR OFFICE

NO SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS/PICS OF YOUR BALLOTS OR BALLOT PAPERS IN OFFICE MEETINGS PLEASE :thumbup

Problem is it will only take one idiot and the whole thing could be void again.

04 Feb 2020, 16:48

Hope we get a great result in the ballot, we are in the fight of our lives, but I have a de javu feeling, the boys in delivery coming back to work, will be forced to take out the previous work left, said delivery managers will be told this(not that some of them will need encouragement from above) even if it far out weighs the traffic figures, just a feeling.

04 Feb 2020, 17:31

You would think after several months of talks we would of made some progress. Sounds like Rico is not negotiating and wants to run royal mail in to the ground. We all see change but how you manage it has to be a sensible approach.

All I will say is everyone and I mean everyone needs to work to there time, no rushing about or there could be job losses. Watch this space.

04 Feb 2020, 17:35

De-activate the CWU Facebook account for the duration and take lovejoy's mobile off him?

04 Feb 2020, 18:01

Woody Guthrie wrote:

De-activate the CWU Facebook account for the duration and take lovejoy's mobile off him?

THIS and the twitter feed, can we contact them to suggest it? :Applause

04 Feb 2020, 18:20

so we will end up striking in the summer months, I personally do not think this is a best idea the CWU have come up with, does anybody else, or is it just me.

04 Feb 2020, 18:23

billycat wrote:so we will end up striking in the summer months, I personally do not think this is a best idea the CWU have come up with, does anybody else, or is it just me.

better than freezing your ass off in december standing outside the gates! Its not like Ricos going to take any notice either way so it might as well be warm if we do it.

04 Feb 2020, 18:24

Surely nobody would be so stupid as to open them at the DO and then post photos a 2nd time round?

Oh wait.....

04 Feb 2020, 18:30

All it takes is a rouge manager dressed as a 'postie' to upload it to the cwu social stream and its screwed again.

04 Feb 2020, 18:31

billycat wrote:so we will end up striking in the summer months, I personally do not think this is a best idea the CWU have come up with, does anybody else, or is it just me.

Ideally we would wait until November of this year to start industrial action but we can't do that now as the pace of change within RM is increasing and by Xmas the way we work is liable to be vastly different if we don't act now.
If the union get a move on we could start industrial action in April. If they hang about scratching their heads or RM deploy another delaying tactic then all is potentially lost. I'm not confident that industrial action will stem the flow of unnecessary changes to how we work but withdrawing our labour is our only leverage.

04 Feb 2020, 18:40

leolion855 wrote:All it takes is a rouge manager.. .

Jürgen Klopp?

04 Feb 2020, 19:11

Why not an overtime ban?

04 Feb 2020, 19:13

grchpo wrote:Why not an overtime ban?

It wouldn’t work

04 Feb 2020, 19:21

Why not, they need us to do it. Without O/T the place will collapse.

04 Feb 2020, 19:25

they have no chance of 97 % lets face it, im voting NO this time, theirs no support from union on the floor everyday when you have the daily routine of arguing with managers with how many parcels you can take. Taking off the oversize parcels is a good thing , okay a wee bit extra walking, but lets face it everyday you have to argue with the manager about oversize in your pairs, you won't have that anymore and also having the LAT guys on your back for leaving parcels in incase they have to do them, so its a good thing. Shared van doesnt work because the driver has all the oversize to do so take this away and driver and passenger are on a level playing field, lets just crack on, more unrest is pointless, BIG FAT NO! from me

04 Feb 2020, 19:27

grchpo wrote:Why not, they need us to do it. Without O/T the place will collapse.

1. You can't picket overtime, you can't monitor overtime, you can't even question someone who's working overtime. In a mail centre or large DO how do you even tell if someone is working overtime?

2. The business can employ as many casuals as it likes to cover overtime.

04 Feb 2020, 19:30

I may be missing something... But aren't the Ballot Papers usually posted to our Home Addresses? :hmmmm I presume the Posties in question went around to their Home Addresses Frame and Helped Themselves (or asked the Duty Holder) :hmmmm A practice that I don't agree with, and has now been proved to be Bloody Dodgy. :no no

I myself will be opening the next ballot Paper in the Cupboard under the stairs and put that X in the box in Absolute Secret. Just in Case. :cuppa

04 Feb 2020, 19:37

If a strike drags on for a few week how many can afford no wages when the mortgage needs paying, the Xmas credit card bill arrives, an O/T ban means we can cause them problems for longer. If you think people are going to sneak in & do O/T these same people would quickly pull out of a strike.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2