not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM.COM : Update on CWU talks : An update in 60 seconds from delivery director Ricky McAulay

03 Jan 2020, 18:49

Last edited by POSTMAN on 05 Jan 2020, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title, link ect

Update on CWU talks

03 Jan 2020, 20:02

cant say to much on this as they might use it as evidence in court, oh well here is my opinion anyway :Very Happy , so they have refused to talk with the CWU for the last 12 month oh so over an agreement we have had in place since 2018 , and this guy thinks he can turn all the pissed off posties around all ( 97.1% ) in 60 sec and try make a joke out of it , job losses etc ? :evil/mad , do these people think we are all f***ing idiots ? :crazy: , is this because they havent given the major shareholders the profits they where promised by any chance . oh well :thumbup

Update on CWU talks

03 Jan 2020, 20:19

The phrase " there will be jobs for those who can and want to work for Royal Mail" needs some clarification regarding "can". Its being used frequently.

Update on CWU talks

03 Jan 2020, 21:01

celtic1967 wrote:The phrase " there will be jobs for those who can and want to work for Royal Mail" needs some clarification regarding "can". Its being used frequently.

And some rubbish about opportunities if youwant them! Really! 2 coaches jobs at our place where allocated and not advertised and nothing ever advertised

Update on CWU talks

03 Jan 2020, 21:31

Like the way he says letters have dropped 50% since 2004 but only says the parcel market is competitive.Why can’t he state the percentage parcels have grown by since 2004 then .

Update on CWU talks

03 Jan 2020, 21:35

And Rico’s buying up as many shares as He can get His hands on while there worth Jack

Update on CWU talks

03 Jan 2020, 21:48

Go on strike? While others get endless docket?

Update on CWU talks

04 Jan 2020, 00:25

Coach job is that the job where you get £40 a week for nothing ? Week in week out

Update on CWU talks

04 Jan 2020, 00:26

Yet again we have been let down by our executive members.
Time for them to step down and retire on their fat pensions that we will never realise.
They are not the Union we are, but they have made us weak.

Update on CWU talks

04 Jan 2020, 15:48

celtic1967 wrote:The phrase " there will be jobs for those who can and want to work for Royal Mail" needs some clarification regarding "can". Its being used frequently.

I've also seen similar wording used before recently and I too would be very interested in an explanation.

Update on CWU talks

04 Jan 2020, 16:26

Deadly wrote:

I've also seen similar wording used before recently and I too would be very interested in an explanation.

"There will be jobs for those who CAN (manage a 6 hour+ delivery span) and WANT (to accept the reduced terms and conditions) to work for Royal Mail".

That's my interpretation of it.

Update on CWU talks

04 Jan 2020, 16:37

ssdd wrote:
"There will be jobs for those who CAN (manage a 6 hour+ delivery span) and WANT (to accept the reduced terms and conditions) to work for Royal Mail".

Sadly, that's a very realistic interpretation.

Update on CWU talks

04 Jan 2020, 18:49

ssdd wrote:
Deadly wrote:

DGH wrote:
ssdd wrote:

Sadly, that's a very realistic interpretation.

At least in DOs there still will be jobs. With a massive increase in parcel automation and depending on how the USO review goes, we could potentially see massive job losses in MCs

Update on CWU talks

05 Jan 2020, 13:50

Even in deliveries, go to alternate day delivering and you could axe maybe 40% of jobs.

Update on CWU talks

05 Jan 2020, 13:57

DGH wrote:Even in deliveries, go to alternate day delivering and you could axe maybe 40% of jobs.

Do DHL/TNT/UPS/HERMES go on alternative day deliveries? Imagine the amount of business the company would loose if they said, 'sorry mr, we cant deliver your parcel/letter for 48hrs cause it aint worth our time'.

Update on CWU talks

05 Jan 2020, 16:17

leolion855 wrote:
DGH wrote:Even in deliveries, go to alternate day delivering and you could axe maybe 40% of jobs.

Do DHL/TNT/UPS/HERMES go on alternative day deliveries? Imagine the amount of business the company would loose if they said, 'sorry mr, we cant deliver your parcel/letter for 48hrs cause it aint worth our time'.

For parcels maybe - for letters though a lot of people they wouldn't care if they didn't get a letter delivery on a particular day (which
day though is a opening a whole new can of worms) - just yesterday I was told by one old dear who lives in the single old farm cottage
at the end of a mile long lane - 'Oh I wasn't expecting you today' and when she saw the single piece of mail/catalogue or whatever it was she
chucked it straight in the recycling bin......

MRM.COM : Update on CWU talks : An update in 60 seconds from delivery director Ricky McAulay

05 Jan 2020, 18:41

Having a Scottish person running something used to be a sign that a very good job would be made. Can't remember the last time this was the case. I don't have patience to listen to any more greywash & half-truths from this guy so I won't waste my time watching his latest video.
I don't think we will switch to an every other day operation in the near future not least because the amount of mail we deal with has not declined enough. Imagine having to deliver two days worth of mail each day on a regular basis ??? It wouldn't actually be possible at the moment. Letter volumes are declining but that cannot be managed on a one shoe fits everyone basis.
More likely we will switch to a five day operation although even this might not be allowed or decided upon. The new parcel strategy is the only definite threat at the moment and it is a significant one.

05 Jan 2020, 19:16

lets focus on the decline of letters situation
sdd came into effect years ago when we gave up 2nd deliveries
with the claim from mgmt it didnt matter if we took 8 letters to a door it takes the same time as delivering 1
so we are now in the reverse position
it doesnt matter how many letters we carry its how many points we deliver to
and their is no way they have halved in fact more delivery points added every year
blows their myth about decline
and isnt d2d counted as they were built into workload to accommodate workload
is our cwu not clever enough to fight them on these points

05 Jan 2020, 19:38

hans solo wrote:lets focus on the decline of letters situation
sdd came into effect years ago when we gave up 2nd deliveries
with the claim from mgmt it didnt matter if we took 8 letters to a door it takes the same time as delivering 1
so we are now in the reverse position
it doesnt matter how many letters we carry its how many points we deliver to
and their is no way they have halved in fact more delivery points added every year
blows their myth about decline
and isnt d2d counted as they were built into workload to accommodate workload
is our cwu not clever enough to fight them on these points

Letters are in decline, it's easy to see from the number of boxes that we put through sequencing outside of Xmas pressure. The only time that batches get changed is when a batch hits the limit for delivery points and it's very rare for that to happen.

Update on CWU talks

05 Jan 2020, 20:45

I assume any alteration to the USO (review currently in progress by OFCOM) would need to observe the Postal Services Act 2011.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... al-service

UK Public General Acts 2011 c. 5 Part 3 The universal postal service

Review of minimum requirements
(1)OFCOM may from time to time review the extent to which the provision made by section 31 reflects the reasonable needs of the users of postal services provided in the United Kingdom.

(2)A review under subsection (1) may, in particular, consider whether the requirements imposed by that section could be altered so as better to reflect those needs.

(3)OFCOM must send a copy of each review under subsection (1) to the Secretary of State.

(4)The Secretary of State may at any time direct OFCOM to carry out a review under subsection (1).

(5)Where OFCOM have carried out a review under subsection (1), the Secretary of State may by order amend section 31.

(6)The provision that may be made by an order under subsection (5) does not include the making of different provision in relation to different places in the United Kingdom.

(7)An order under subsection (5)—
(a)is subject to affirmative resolution procedure, and
(b)may include such amendments of this Part as the Secretary of State considers necessary or expedient in consequence of any provision made by the order.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2