not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Latest CWU video link Terry Pullinger

20 Nov 2019, 20:40

20 Nov 2019, 21:58

I'm sure some people find him inspirational.
Are they going to publish the letter they got from the Canadian Postal Union? Really useful stuff.......

21 Nov 2019, 07:31

clashcityrocker wrote:I'm sure some people find him inspirational.
Are they going to publish the letter they got from the Canadian Postal Union? Really useful stuff.......

I find him very inspirational and we should be grateful that we have a leader like him with his vision on how to tackle this dispute, he’s on our side no ifs or buts he’s there for us. We now need to ensure we get behind the union and at least match the 97% vote in favour of strike action in the re-ballot should it have to take place.

For those people that are blaming or even left the union just think what it would be like if we all did it and there was no union presence in the company, so for you leavers, you’re being very selfish and not looking at the bigger picture. If we do re-ballot we should vote for strike action and action short of strike so we can be more effective ie overtime ban, work to rule etc etc just in case the company don’t play ball I think that way we can prolong the dispute.

21 Nov 2019, 11:41

Well he and the union have still got my backing! And I to have been to different delivery offices and mail centres and had people moaning on about "coming out of the union" and can I just say to those people even more now you need your union as well as they need you :hmmmm just look at how low back and his cronies are going to marginalize your democratic rights and yes we did give them the ammunition to use against us but that's just the way it goes when the odds are stacked against us :confused , over the many decades I've been in royal mail and disputes we have had there has been mistakes happen and I've had brilliant reps and reps which have been out of their depth but please don't give up on the one organisation that is there for you! The one thing I will say is looking at the vicious way this lot at the top operate we have to keep things legal not any of this unofficial industrial action nonsense :no no because they will be ringing there hands with total glee if your sitting on the gate (so to speak) when you're contracted to be working I can almost guarantee you won't be back in on any favourable terms/conditions so just really think before you start walking :hmmmm

21 Nov 2019, 12:22

As Terry says, "Royal Mail Staff are one of the largest groups of Shareholders". I've always been very surprised that there's never been any kind of attempt to organise us (The Posties) into some kind of "Voting Block"? :hmmmm

Surely then we'd have at least a little more leverage at the negotiating table? I'm sure someone more informed than I may well point out that there's some sort of Legal Restraint on this kind of thing .... If not why have the CWU not given it a go? I for one would be willing to throw my shares voting rights into the hat to support the CWU. :cuppa

21 Nov 2019, 16:39

Dorset Plodder wrote:As Terry says, "Royal Mail Staff are one of the largest groups of Shareholders". I've always been very surprised that there's never been any kind of attempt to organise us (The Posties) into some kind of "Voting Block"? :hmmmm

Surely then we'd have at least a little more leverage at the negotiating table? I'm sure someone more informed than I may well point out that there's some sort of Legal Restraint on this kind of thing .... If not why have the CWU not given it a go? I for one would be willing to throw my shares voting rights into the hat to support the CWU. :cuppa

Most of us have sold our shares.

21 Nov 2019, 19:36

What's the point of wasting time appealing against the decision when you believe the odds are stacked against you?? Well,at least we won't be striking before Xmas if that's the case. Hollow victory for Royal Mail perhaps but full credit to the CWU who managed to snatch defeat through the jaws of victory. 97% yes vote by its members and still can't strike. No use blaming the establishment for this - get over yourselves and admit you cocked up.

And as for these 4 pillars,it seems clear that RM from the last video I watched that we are already overpaid and should be eternally grateful for any overtime received from our masters. What are our members going to sacrifice for a SWW that most of us aren't that bothered about??

21 Nov 2019, 19:45

postslippete wrote:What's the point of wasting time appealing against the decision when you believe the odds are stacked against you?? Well,at least we won't be striking before Xmas if that's the case. Hollow victory for Royal Mail perhaps but full credit to the CWU who managed to snatch defeat through the jaws of victory. 97% yes vote by its members and still can't strike. No use blaming the establishment for this - get over yourselves and admit you cocked up.

And as for these 4 pillars,it seems clear that RM from the last video I watched that we are already overpaid and should be eternally grateful for any overtime received from our masters. What are our members going to sacrifice for a SWW that most of us aren't that bothered about??

You will be bothered about it whilst walking the streets for 6 hours a day plus as most of the work you do will be mechanised or done before full time delivery workers start their shift, As lots of staff have lost earnings in the lead up to this dispute on other parts of the business time comes you all have to take your head out of your own ass to see the sun!

21 Nov 2019, 21:14

Are you saying us full timers just arrive at the depot and it will all be sorted and ready for us to take on a 6 hour delivery span?? Hang on,what's that I'm smelling?

Will Royal Mail ever stop paying guys to come in early and stop doing IPS work?? Perhaps if they did we might find that there wouldn't be any scope to extend deliveries or do any lapsing because packets/specials still need scanning in and loose mail still needs sorting.

Just going for a SWW is not always the answer,and it's certainly not something worth striking for on its own.

21 Nov 2019, 21:25

postslippete wrote:What's the point of wasting time appealing against the decision when you believe the odds are stacked against you?? Well,at least we won't be striking before Xmas if that's the case. Hollow victory for Royal Mail perhaps but full credit to the CWU who managed to snatch defeat through the jaws of victory. 97% yes vote by its members and still can't strike. No use blaming the establishment for this - get over yourselves and admit you cocked up.

Because the original judgement was extremely dubious to say the least citing the general election as the decisive factor and using evidence from one senior manager, an absolute travesty of justice.

21 Nov 2019, 21:28

postslippete wrote:Are you saying us full timers just arrive at the depot and it will all be sorted and ready for us to take on a 6 hour delivery span?? Hang on,what's that I'm smelling?

Will Royal Mail ever stop paying guys to come in early and stop doing IPS work?? Perhaps if they did we might find that there wouldn't be any scope to extend deliveries or do any lapsing because packets/specials still need scanning in and loose mail still needs sorting.

Just going for a SWW is not always the answer,and it's certainly not something worth striking for on its own.

Look at the PSM in mail centers you think none of this investment will affect you think again been on all sides of this over the years but it is telling you one thing they do not need indoor work on the final mile and it will not be just one mile!

21 Nov 2019, 21:40

k979aaa wrote:
postslippete wrote:Are you saying us full timers just arrive at the depot and it will all be sorted and ready for us to take on a 6 hour delivery span?? Hang on,what's that I'm smelling?

Look at the PSM in mail centers you think none of this investment will affect you think again been on all sides of this over the years but it is telling you one thing they do not need indoor work on the final mile and it will not be just one mile!

Indeed look at the New Warrington Hub it's already affecting MC throughout the North and Scotland.
Plus it's not fully operational yet wait till its doing ALL the Tracked.
All MCs will be vastly affected.

21 Nov 2019, 22:34

Oh dear..look I'm as disappointed as anyone else over the high court decision but what's done is done. Royal Mail outplayed us but Terry's right it is a hollow victory because we could always have another ballot and go on strike. I just don't think that it will be before Xmas which could have improved our bargaining position or hindered it due to public opinion of postal workers striking before Xmas depending on which way you look at it.

Royal Mail have tried and will exploit all sorts of things to improve productivity. But I've found that Royal Mail often say one thing and do another. Take for example, there's no enthusiasm for letters now but why say that a few years after investing millions of pounds on walk sequencing machines. Where are these new fandangled door to door collating machines?? Staff are still having to prep them up ready. A depot without workstations,hmm makes sense on the surface but how do you amalgamate the packets with the letters?? How does that work? I tell you how it works - by someone putting it all together and fortunately that's us who do the final mile. Redirections,collecting specials,killing off dead mail, it's clear we will still be doing some form of indoor work. Must admit it's bonkers why some guys regularly start 30 minutes before their time,without any rest break and still find themselves not making up very much time anyway. The scope for a SWW doesn't seem to be there,it's very much a revolutionary ideal and not something the Royal Mail are going to accept - at this point in time - so the Union need to come up with something a bit different in negotiations

21 Nov 2019, 23:04

postslippete wrote:Oh dear..look I'm as disappointed as anyone else over the high court decision but what's done is done. Royal Mail outplayed us but Terry's right it is a hollow victory because we could always have another ballot and go on strike. I just don't think that it will be before Xmas which could have improved our bargaining position or hindered it due to public opinion of postal workers striking before Xmas depending on which way you look at it.

Royal Mail have tried and will exploit all sorts of things to improve productivity. But I've found that Royal Mail often say one thing and do another. Take for example, there's no enthusiasm for letters now but why say that a few years after investing millions of pounds on walk sequencing machines. Where are these new fandangled door to door collating machines?? Staff are still having to prep them up ready. A depot without workstations,hmm makes sense on the surface but how do you amalgamate the packets with the letters?? How does that work? I tell you how it works - by someone putting it all together and fortunately that's us who do the final mile. Redirections,collecting specials,killing off dead mail, it's clear we will still be doing some form of indoor work. Must admit it's bonkers why some guys regularly start 30 minutes before their time,without any rest break and still find themselves not making up very much time anyway. The scope for a SWW doesn't seem to be there,it's very much a revolutionary ideal and not something the Royal Mail are going to accept - at this point in time - so the Union need to come up with something a bit different in negotiations

More of these excellent informative type posts please :Applause

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1