not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

So what did the CWU say they are actually going to do now?

15 Nov 2019, 00:11

It seems that "all will be answered at 4pm" on Facebook live did'nt seem to actually contain anything other than bluster?

Why are Parcelforce not being brought out as their ballot was legal.

I said last week that they were looking for a way out and they got it.

"Watch what they do.... not what they say"
-very apt

15 Nov 2019, 06:50

parcel force have been told to hold off why i dont know as this affects them more than anyone
whens the appeal going in no date given

15 Nov 2019, 12:53

I don't now believe that they had any intention of taking industrial action in the run up to xmas.

And that they needed a way to extricate themselves from following through with it and announcing dates,

Otherwise the other members whose ballots still legally stand (parcelforce) should have had strike dates announced straight away.

15 Nov 2019, 16:42

People across threads mentioning an appeal, any actual details, eg when it’s happening

15 Nov 2019, 16:44

The CWU SAID THEY ARE GOING TO SEND LETTERS TO THE SHAREHOLDERS WOW ROYAL MAIL WILL BE SHAKING IN THERE SHOES WHAT A JOKE IS THAT ALL WE GOT

15 Nov 2019, 17:00

claystones wrote:The CWU SAID THEY ARE GOING TO SEND LETTERS TO THE SHAREHOLDERS WOW ROYAL MAIL WILL BE SHAKING IN THERE SHOES WHAT A JOKE IS THAT ALL WE GOT

And getting legal advice to see if the £500 million "loan" is all above board.

15 Nov 2019, 17:02

LaggyBand wrote:People across threads mentioning an appeal, any actual details, eg when it’s happening

Dave Ward said the CWU will, on advice, appeal the decision. That process means the union have to appeal within 14 days & then it will be a week or two or sometimes further than that. He also said he does not want raise expectations on that (decision/outcome).

15 Nov 2019, 17:32

rogersh wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:People across threads mentioning an appeal, any actual details, eg when it’s happening

Dave Ward said the CWU will, on advice, appeal the decision. That process means the union have to appeal within 14 days & then it will be a week or two or sometimes further than that. He also said he does not want raise expectations on that (decision/outcome).

And then 14 days notice has to be given to RM of IA if the appeal is successful.

15 Nov 2019, 18:02

yellowbelly wrote:
rogersh wrote:

And then 14 days notice has to be given to RM of IA if the appeal is successful.

So all nice and convieniently timed to let xmas pass by.

I very much doubt there was ever any intention of announcing strikes dates on the 13th / 14th november

As i said previously even that timing would have been critical to get IA underway at the start of december.

Too much delay and executive this that n the other.

My percentage call is to forget about anything to do with any actual industrial action being announced or any bluster about it from now on.

It should be quite apparent too all now.

It is, it was & only ever will be a bluff.

15 Nov 2019, 19:18

claystones wrote:The CWU SAID THEY ARE GOING TO SEND LETTERS TO THE SHAREHOLDERS WOW ROYAL MAIL WILL BE SHAKING IN THERE SHOES WHAT A JOKE IS THAT ALL WE GOT

That's gonna cost a lot of money. Will we all get one...being shareholders and all.

15 Nov 2019, 20:04

I think the union were always going to be up against it when the general election was called
I think if it wasn't this it would've been something else that's just my opinion though I do think there was fault the last time
lawyers cost money but 110,000 members paying weekly fees should be enough to get a decent lawyer
my fear now is we are becoming a joke...ive already had comments like yous couldn't run a bath from mates
that doesn't bother me but what does bother me is right down the line from rico to my dom will start getting cocky and more confident
we will get comments like what you going to do call the union,maybe they will ballot again and itll be stopped in court again
if a trade union cant take industrial action then we all have a problem
its going to be a interesting few weeks ahead to see where this ends up.

15 Nov 2019, 21:53

rogersh wrote:

Thanks.

Surely the appeal is just “retaliation”, and actually a bad move as I assume we’ll get milked on legal fees again?

Why not just re-ballot immediately and get to the bit where we are actually fighting? All this hesitation is making us look weak.

15 Nov 2019, 22:51

LaggyBand wrote:
rogersh wrote:

Thanks.

Surely the appeal is just “retaliation”, and actually a bad move as I assume we’ll get milked on legal fees again?

Why not just re-ballot immediately and get to the bit where we are actually fighting? All this hesitation is making us look weak.

If you watch the facebook video Terry Pullinger & Dave Ward give the reasoning behind the decision to appeal. As Francis O'Grady, TUC general secretary, is involved I wonder if any legal costs incurred could or can be provided for that eventuality (I believe there was a hint toward that).

15 Nov 2019, 23:42

rogersh wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
rogersh wrote:

Thanks.

If you watch the facebook video Terry Pullinger & Dave Ward give the reasoning behind the decision to appeal. As Francis O'Grady, TUC general secretary, is involved I wonder if any legal costs incurred could or can be provided for that eventuality (I believe there was a hint toward that).

Yeah dave was asking for a handout wonder why..( only joking)

15 Nov 2019, 23:53

LaggyBand wrote:
rogersh wrote:

Thanks.

Because it should be apparent by now that parcelforce not being sent out immediatley means they don't actually want to go through with a walkout

I will no longer listen too or entertain any bluster (or ballots) in relation to IA / Strikes etc

They should do everyone a favour and just tell us the night before an actual strike day

15 Nov 2019, 23:56

2chorizon wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
rogersh wrote:

Thanks.

Because it should be apparent by now that parcelforce not being sent out immediatley means they don't actually want to go through with a walkout

I will no longer listen too or entertain any bluster (or ballots) in relation to IA / Strikes etc

They should do everyone a favour and just tell us the night before an actual strike day

:Applause :Applause :Applause

16 Nov 2019, 15:28

When Parcelforce go on strike the outcome will be carnage wether it’s Black Friday Good Friday or 4 week on Friday it doesn’t matter. It’s run so poorly and got worse the last year 1st time delivery bonus has gone from £70-80 a month to £10-20 a month. Our depot is failing parcels all over the shop

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1