not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

I'm with the union

14 Nov 2019, 22:55

Whether you are a member of the CWU or not, we all continue to enjoy the benefits of its hard work and protection. As a long time union member my immediate impulse to the recent court case was that I should put my head down and respond in a manner that was predictable and more about emotion than effect.

After some reflection however, I decided to think of a simple way that I personally could show my support for the union and at the same time show Royal Mail what i think of their recent actions in the courts.

I decided that in future instead of throwing the Courier straight into the bin I would score out my name and address, and pop the Courier back into the postbox.
I know what you are thinking, What good will that do?

Imagine however if you returned your courier and your colleagues did the same. Imagine if this Christmas you and me and all the little people returned 100,000 couriers to Rico and his team. Imagine if each and every month from now on we returned the courier unopened.

A small but effective response that would help let shareholders and investors know the feelings of the workers.

There are other simple yet smart ways we can effectively let our feelings be known e.g. not cooperating with Have your say questionnaires etc.

Thoughts and further suggestions welcome.

RETURN THE COURIER CAMPAIGN

I'm with the union

14 Nov 2019, 23:02

If you "REFUSE" the Courier they will eventually ask you if you no longer want it. Normally after about a year or two of REFUSING it! :crazy:

It's just another piece of RM Management Propaganda ..... "Oh look how wonderful Royal Mail are stories" :arrrghhh I always said, "I'm not going to look at it, because it always winds me up" ..... Then after a while I'd Look at it! And Guess what? It wound me up :shock: . So I thought I'd get rid of that little bit of stress in my life. I haven't missed it so far. :cuppa

I'm with the union

14 Nov 2019, 23:18

That's you and me , only 99,998 more to go. :Applause

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 05:15

The majority on here are blaming the union, surely it is their legal team overlooking the process who were the problem for not bringing the issue of a de facto workplace ballot to their attention.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 06:35

Yes the legal team have certainly been found wanting...this had to be watertight, and encouraging members to open their ballot papers at work was unwise to say the least.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 09:26

This topic is not about blame , this is about simple and smart ways you and I can show our support for the union and our displeasure with Royal Mail, please keep to the topic.

SCORE OUT YOUR NAME
SCORE OUT YOUR ADDRESS
RETURN THAT RUBBISH THE COURIER

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 11:11

I was going to do the same then I thought that would save them money so I let them send it and it goes straight into the recycling bin.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 11:22

Why score out your name? What are you scared of?
Just sticker it 'refused' and after a couple of months you'll get a letter asking if you no longer want to receive it! Job done!

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 12:19

By my understanding, the letter of the law with Royal Mail is that a person cannot refuse an individual item of mail, probably, unless it is considered dangerous; they must refuse all the mail for delivery to their address as it is being delivered. As we have learned Royal Mail management picks and chooses these things for its own benefit.

In the interest of keeping everyone right i suggested scoring out name and address so that when it re-enters the system it
would have to be returned to sender.

Score out, or just sticker it if you like, but the important point is to SEND BACK THE COURIER. This is an easy way for you, no matter where you work , no matter how long you have been in the job or whatever sort of contract you have, to show your support for the union and displeasure with Royal Mail.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 16:25

I reckon a re-ballot and a long ‘ard strike will work better.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 16:57

Subman wrote:Whether you are a member of the CWU or not, we all continue to enjoy the benefits of its hard work and protection. As a long time union member my immediate impulse to the recent court case was that I should put my head down and respond in a manner that was predictable and more about emotion than effect.

After some reflection however, I decided to think of a simple way that I personally could show my support for the union and at the same time show Royal Mail what i think of their recent actions in the courts.

I decided that in future instead of throwing the Courier straight into the bin I would score out my name and address, and pop the Courier back into the postbox.
I know what you are thinking, What good will that do?

Imagine however if you returned your courier and your colleagues did the same. Imagine if this Christmas you and me and all the little people returned 100,000 couriers to Rico and his team. Imagine if each and every month from now on we returned the courier unopened.

A small but effective response that would help let shareholders and investors know the feelings of the workers.

There are other simple yet smart ways we can effectively let our feelings be known e.g. not cooperating with Have your say questionnaires etc.

Thoughts and further suggestions welcome.

RETURN THE COURIER CAMPAIGN

Been saying all that for years, unfortunately you'll find it very hard to persuade people in RM from somehow finding excitement/glee in putting it in the recycle bin, cat litter tray or saying they are wiping their backsides on it.

Seems to be entrenched in the average RM employees mindset bit like saying nothing during wtll or huddles with managers then going off and spouting allsorts at their frames after the event.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 17:03

I got manager to stop my courier, I told him its all propaganda. I also haven't filled out a survey for the last 4/5 years. One manager said put it in the envelope sealed up so we can show you have received it! How that works I don't know. Anyway I'm with the union

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 17:27

srilfc2013 wrote:............. I also haven't filled out a survey for the last 4/5 years. One manager said put it in the envelope sealed up so we can show you have received it! How that works I don't know. Anyway I'm with the union

Don't know for sure but I've heard it rumoured that even if a survey is returned incomplete, scrawled out etc. it still goes towards
a tick in the box for management engagement. Insist on filling it in at home next time - after all it's supposed to be secret isn't it - just
make sure you don't film yourself filling it in and putting it on social media - it wouldn't count then would it...........And when you get home
if you don't have time to fill it in, it could always be put to the same use as what you do with the Courier..................

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 18:17

Thanks for the feedback.

As far as the survey is concerned , yes a manager only needs to get a percentage returned to meet their target (bonus).It doesn't matter what you say in the survey. So best not to return any.

As for the Courier your options are clear.
1. Do nothing and complain

2. Read it, and regret you did.

3. Bin it, and RM can still say it has an award winning magazine that employees enjoy.

4. RETURN IT, and let them know that we may have to put up with this rubbish at work but not in our own time.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 19:28

A few thousand returned Couriers. That'll have Rico quaking in his boots... :crazy:

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 19:38

Tman wrote:A few thousand returned Couriers. That'll have Rico quaking in his boots... :crazy:

.....and here come the troll.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 19:47

What about just the 70,000 or 80,000 who voted for industrial action.It just requires the same effort as putting a X in a box.

Do not underestimate the impact of a symbolic action such as this. Sometimes a single photo, a single action can have a huge impact. I am for industrial action , I am for putting pressure on investors and shareholders, it doesn't have to be one or the other.Getting the funding for Rico's plans may not be as easy if investors and shareholders understand the feelings of the workers.

It's just as easy to RETURN IT , as bin it, so give it a try.

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 19:51

Return it, it's a statement if you do. Don't worry about the trolls, send it back!

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 20:16

srilfc2013 wrote:I got manager to stop my courier, I told him its all propaganda. I also haven't filled out a survey for the last 4/5 years. One manager said put it in the envelope sealed up so we can show you have received it! How that works I don't know. Anyway I'm with the union

Thats Royal Mail management for you!! I often see managers going up to posties workstations saying "just sign this here" and when we look its usually some b*llocks on health & safety, dangerous dogs, vans etc etc or even people who have not attended WTLL (part-timers the main culprit here). They sign for stuff without even knowing what it is half the time. What would happen if we refuse to sign or we say we will take it home and digest it first before signing anything?

I'm with the union

15 Nov 2019, 20:29

I'm sending mine back 100%. N. ame and address blacked out so they keep sending and I keep returning.

I'd door step it if I was close enough to hq

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2