not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Strike & GE

28 Oct 2019, 14:43

With a General Election looking a distinct possibility in December is it true or not that we are unable to strike in the run up to said GE. If that is the case then it’s not good news!!!

Strike & GE

28 Oct 2019, 15:30

Not true.

Strike & GE

28 Oct 2019, 20:28

GRS wrote:With a General Election looking a distinct possibility in December is it true or not that we are unable to strike in the run up to said GE. If that is the case then it’s not good news!!!

WE are not public servants of the nation but employees of a privatised company now!

Strike & GE

28 Oct 2019, 21:47

I have heard that the CWU will not hold the scheduled strike before xmas if there is a general election for december or even january,

This is because they want to give jeremy corbyn and labour the best chance of winning said election

& RM being out on strike annoying voters whose xmas mail will be disrupted, and "trade unions" "strike" "labour party" etc etc may lead them to not vote for Labour.

I believe this is quite correct and that all the balloting and rousing speeches has been a total waste of time, if they turn around and call it off.

If this happens i will be throwing my card in on the table at the next union meeting and walking out in disgust

Strike & GE

28 Oct 2019, 21:50

Think the case would be RM as a company have the legal obligation to deliver election material not the staff.

Strike & GE

28 Oct 2019, 22:12

Would a General Election result in the Electoral Register sending out the update letters to make sure that the Electoral Register is up to date

Strike & GE

28 Oct 2019, 23:39

Xmas AND an election?
Working like a slave in the dark delivering plastic tat that no one needs and at the same delivering and trying to keep a tally of all the political party leaflets.

Or more days rolled in a quilt until actual daylight, followed by a leisurely late breakfast and an extended lounge around the house enjoying the festive feeling of merriment, indulging in pints of snowball, watching shite Xmas made for cable tv films on the Hallmark channel.

Bring on the strike.

Strike & GE

29 Oct 2019, 08:28

noggin1969 wrote:Think the case would be RM as a company have the legal obligation to deliver election material not the staff.

but.......................................................please don't forget:-

National Agreement covering the Delivery of Election Material:

Special Circumstances:

• It is jointly recognised that Royal Mail has a legal obligation to secure the delivery of election material for all nominated candidates and parties.

Whilst it is expected that delivery will be made by the individual due to undertake the particular delivery, local management will deal sensitively and sympathetically with genuine requests to deviate from this arrangement.

Such cases may arise as a result of personal circumstances or beliefs or where an individual believes that delivery of a particular item may incur personal risk.

• If such instances arise alternative measures will be used to secure delivery. These may include the use of volunteers from within the office or neighbouring offices to cover more than one delivery or, as a last resort, the use of supplementary resource.

• Both parties undertake to co-operate fully in the application of these principles and in resolving any difficulties that may arise surrounding the delivery of election material.

so you may in fact opt out, due to personal beliefs, which should be dealt with sensitively and sympathetically. :coolr

Strike & GE

29 Oct 2019, 13:29

2chorizon wrote:I have heard that the CWU will not hold the scheduled strike before xmas if there is a general election for december or even january,

This is because they want to give jeremy corbyn and labour the best chance of winning said election

so the 1st strike date could also be on election day, which thinking ahead gives those out on deliveries a chance to grab some extra money

Strike & GE

29 Oct 2019, 14:56

Eh. If our democracy is so wobbly it can't survive a one-day strike, time to scrap the whole thing.

Strike & GE

29 Oct 2019, 19:15

The daily mail won't know who to blame the lefty postal workers or The German CEO for holding up brexit if we strike before the election.

Strike & GE

29 Oct 2019, 22:44

wallop wrote:The daily mail won't know who to blame the lefty postal workers or The German CEO for holding up brexit if we strike before the election.

EXCELLENT POST :Applause YA PLAYED A BLINDER THERE, MATE :Very Happy :coolr
p'raps they may blame the corporate shareholders plc for allowing an egocentric buffoon to take charge : rico/ alexander de Pfeffel boris j/don trump et al fatcat buffoonery....oh sorry, i misread your post...the daily mail, you say...well then probs nowt cos they're the biggest bunch o turds onth'planet...on this we all agree :left:
Last edited by work on 30 Oct 2019, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

Strike & GE

30 Oct 2019, 15:24

Screw Labour and Corbyn.

Scotland #2 = SNP all the way.

Strike & GE

30 Oct 2019, 21:51

2chorizon wrote:I have heard that the CWU will not hold the scheduled strike before xmas if there is a general election for december or even january,

This is because they ant to give jeremy corbyn and labour the best chance of winning said election

& RM being out on strike annoying voters whose xmas mail will be disrupted, and "trade unions" "strike" "labour party" etc etc may lead them to not vote for Labour.

I believe this is quite correct and that all the balloting and rousing speeches has been a total waste of time, if they turn around and call it off.

If this happens i will be throwing my card in on the table at the next union meeting and walking out in disgust

^
I'll just reiterate what i posted yesterday for the hard of hearing,

developments today quite clearly show that both sides want the strike called off for
political reasons and by RM asking for a pre xmas postponement they are giving a way out .

make no mistake a strike will influence the General election in december and a certain side has a political interest and affiliation.

Strike & GE

30 Oct 2019, 22:43

Strike & GE

30 Oct 2019, 22:46

Strike & GE

30 Oct 2019, 23:05

POSTMAN wrote:

Well i hope your right and thats quite correct about balloting before GE was announced.

But.....Knowing trade unions (over 10yrs as a shop steward)
They have a v strong wish for the return of nationalisation of industries etc and this can only be accomplished with a Labour government in power.
The eyes will be on the bigger prize of a corrbyn / Labour GE victory now and the stike will likely be postponed in order to help achieve this.

Sorry but that is how it works.

(but i hope im wrong)

Strike & GE

31 Oct 2019, 00:12

2chorizon wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:

Well i hope your right and thats quite correct about balloting before GE was announced.

But.....Knowing trade unions (over 10yrs as a shop steward)
They have a v strong wish for the return of nationalisation of industries etc and this can only be accomplished with a Labour government in power.
The eyes will be on the bigger prize of a corrbyn / Labour GE victory now and the stike will likely be postponed in order to help achieve this.

Sorry but that is how it works.

(but i hope im wrong)

Well if strike is postponend cwu can go f**k sorry or jobs are more important

Strike & GE

31 Oct 2019, 09:57

To coin a Royal Mail phrase, the CWU should - at pace - set some strike dates, for a full week around Black Friday.
If Rico doesn’t have any meaningful negotiations before then, the blame for the strike will be at his door, not ours

Strike & GE

31 Oct 2019, 11:39

Terry Pullinger has confirmed the senior reps will meet on 13th November & then a meeting of the executive after that.
Assuming the executive meet in that same week & a decision in favour of strike action is made then 2 weeks notice would be 29th November.
(Black Friday).

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2