not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

A postal strike? Bring it on!

17 Oct 2019, 07:32

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/a-p ... ing-it-on/

Read more at the link, small sample below

So let these postal dinosaurs go on strike. Let them destroy their employers’ business. Let the creative destruction of capitalism forge new methods for sending letters, just as it has done for the parcel post. Replace posties with drones. The word ‘Royal’ in the title of the business does not provide armour against the forces of inexorable progress. To mix metaphors, it seems that once again a trades union is about to shoot itself in the foot, making it a hat-trick for the hapless postal workers. Unions obtain their power in proportion to the number of members they have. The way they are going, the CWU will become as relevant to modern Britain as the National Union of Mineworkers is now. It really can’t come soon enough. Postal strikes actually stopped inconveniencing most people a couple of decades ago.

17 Oct 2019, 10:25

Why do these idiots keep going back to the British Leyland Strikes of the 70s? FFS that was half a century ago .... and he's the one droneing on about RM living in the Past! :arrrghhh

He works in the IT sector so he's going to be one of the first in line to lose his job to the Technology he's worshipping. He lives in Berkshire (so hardly the sticks) but I've lost count of the ammount of these type of Customers who work from home on their Lap Tops. They're moaning because they're trying to run a business and I'm not delivering their Important Documents until two in the afternoon, and they can't get Superfast Broadband ..... that's because you're living in a Thatched Cottage in the Arse End of Nowhere! Wait until Rico gets his way .... we do away with the USO .... and you're only getting your Important Documents every other day! :Boo hoo!

I thought a valid point was made on the recent CWU Results video. With it now being widely recognised that over 225,000 people don't talk to another person for several weeks ...... We Posties will visit EVERY mainland address SIX days a week for the cost of a stamp. :Applause

I believe IF the RM Management took their heads out of the sand (or should that be trough?) and put in a Large Advertising Effort they could rejuvenate the Postal Business. We all know how gullible millennials are ..... They said Vinyl was Dead brought in CDs .... Now they're all buying Vinyl Again! ...... Everyone went crazy taking Selfies on their Idiot-Phones .... and now they're getting them printed off as Pictures! :crazy: We could push the "Vintage" nature of actually writing a letter to someone, Look at Christmas... People still Love to Recieve Personal Mail. :cuppa

17 Oct 2019, 13:27

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/a-postal-strike-bring-it-on/

Postal strikes actually stopped inconveniencing most people a couple of decades ago.

If that's the case then why write an article about it???? oh I know because what's just been written isn't true - typical right wing s**t.

17 Oct 2019, 15:37

Stopped reading at the word 'conservative' in the link :Very Happy

17 Oct 2019, 16:53

Well said phantom he's a proper tosser

19 Oct 2019, 03:50

Kinda flies in the face of the previous evidence of RM strikes which has protected and improved our t&C's... "Drones" lol sure that's a possibility in the future, it's not something that will be affected by this strike.

"Postal strikes actually stopped inconveniencing most people a couple of decades ago" yeah it's so irrelevant they felt the need to write an article about it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1