not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Here we go again!

16 Oct 2019, 10:14

As a retired RM employee I am not surprised on the ballot result. Time was when strikes were called over silly things which the militant brigade lapped up before sitting down with the management and "thrashing" out a deal which no one understood or cared but, apart from a few days loss of pay, no harm was done.
Now we are in a completely different field where managers are expected to, and do, use bullying in order to drive productivity. I personally have witnessed this so I am by no means surprised to find us at this juncture.
We all know that the business is having to adapt to a new market but that does no excuse bad practice. If we do not have the expertise to man manage a labour intensive workforce then one can not be surprised if three quarters of them express an overwhelming desire to kick back. Very few of the privatised industries have had a successful transition and RM is no exception, so perhaps those in the hallowed halls of Victoria Embankment may care to take a solitary look at their position before blaming a "feckless" workforce.

Here we go again!

16 Oct 2019, 21:30

SirWilliam wrote:As a retired RM employee I am not surprised on the ballot result. Time was when strikes were called over silly things which the militant brigade lapped up before sitting down with the management and "thrashing" out a deal which no one understood or cared but, apart from a few days loss of pay, no harm was done.
Now we are in a completely different field where managers are expected to, and do, use bullying in order to drive productivity. I personally have witnessed this so I am by no means surprised to find us at this juncture.
We all know that the business is having to adapt to a new market but that does no excuse bad practice. If we do not have the expertise to man manage a labour intensive workforce then one can not be surprised if three quarters of them express an overwhelming desire to kick back. Very few of the privatised industries have had a successful transition and RM is no exception, so perhaps those in the hallowed halls of Victoria Embankment may care to take a solitary look at their position before blaming a "feckless" workforce.

:pray :pray :pray THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...solidarity is strength...the panic is ongoing now as the management get 1% and £1000 bonus from UNITE (on the same day as the cwu ballot result!). Buying 'em 'onboard'. sold out for a few pieces of silver...UNITE you are dogshit on my shoe :coolr

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1