not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ballot day let do this YES YES YES

15 Oct 2019, 07:12

Roll on 3.30 today can't wait feels like Christmas.
Time for all they greedy shareholders and the CEO to feel the wrath of the cwu

15 Oct 2019, 10:08

Yamr1 wrote:Roll on 3.30 today can't wait feels like Christmas.

Feels like Christmas? Really? Thousands of your colleagues will probably not be able to afford Christmas this yr if they are forced to go on strike. You really think that this is a good thing? You wouldn't rather a fair deal be reached?

15 Oct 2019, 10:12

rambo1 wrote:

Feels like Christmas? Really? Thousands of your colleagues will probably not be able to afford Christmas this yr if they are forced to go on strike. You really think that this is a good thing? You wouldn't rather a fair deal be reached?

Also if the business goes into tailspin losing customers and sending the share price even lower, would that cheer you up coz I mean, that'd really show the boss ( who's almost retirement age and not short of a few Bob)! Maybe you don't mind your fellow posties losing their jobs when we fall to a hostile takeover. Sometimes people just don't realise what they've got till it's gone.

15 Oct 2019, 10:33

rambo1 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Also if the business goes into tailspin losing customers and sending the share price even lower, would that cheer you up coz I mean, that'd really show the boss ( who's almost retirement age and not short of a few Bob)! Maybe you don't mind your fellow posties losing their jobs when we fall to a hostile takeover. Sometimes people just don't realise what they've got till it's gone.

Would you rather have potentially 20,000-40,000 lose their jobs if we don't strike?

15 Oct 2019, 10:56

I think he was questioning why anyone would compare (potentially) going on strike to something good, like Christmas?
A necessity, but not something to look forward to.

15 Oct 2019, 10:59

rambo1 wrote:

Lol no one is being forced out to strike ?
It's a ballot for strike not people being forced out.
Feels likes Christmas because I'm so excited waiting for the result today.
Hopefully a fair deal will be reached as the cwu are still in talks with the mediator's till Friday.
No one wants to strike but who wants to lose legal protection , sick pay, the company getting separated, people eventually on zero hour contract's the list could go on .

15 Oct 2019, 11:24

rambo1 wrote:

Well first of all, no one is FORCED to go on strike

Secondly, this isnt a ballot to guarantee we go on strike - just that we would support it as an option if talks go nowhere

15 Oct 2019, 11:26

Yamr1 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Hopefully a fair deal will be reached as the cwu are still in talks with the mediator's till Friday.
No one wants to strike but who wants to lose legal protection , sick pay, the company getting separated, people eventually on zero hour contract's the list could go on .

The strike won't happen. I was with RM last time out a strike was called for (and a CWU member) and the Union are completely useless. They'll just roll over.

I also had a dispute at work and the Union were completely hopeless - One Union member refused to defend me so I was put onto another, he said (allegedly) he was involved with the person in the dispute so I was put onto another member. He turned up at the meeting we had to try save my job and just sat there and said nothing. Next one was regional CWU member and he was completely useless

I remember also when I was out on delivery one of my line managers came out to see me. I had one very small bag of mail (16 houses tops) and a Sky router in my bag. Said manager brought a CWU rep with her and he just rolled over in front of her and insisted I should be using a trolley for a small bunch of mail and a small Sky router.

Keep your £4 a month in your pocket. It's not worth it.

15 Oct 2019, 11:46

Trail wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

The strike won't happen. I was with RM last time out a strike was called for (and a CWU member) and the Union are completely useless. They'll just roll over.

I also had a dispute at work and the Union were completely hopeless - One Union member refused to defend me so I was put onto another, he said (allegedly) he was involved with the person in the dispute so I was put onto another member. He turned up at the meeting we had to try save my job and just sat there and said nothing. Next one was regional CWU member and he was completely useless

I remember also when I was out on delivery one of my line managers came out to see me. I had one very small bag of mail (16 houses tops) and a Sky router in my bag. Said manager brought a CWU rep with her and he just rolled over in front of her and insisted I should be using a trolley for a small bunch of mail and a small Sky router.

I don't think is like the last I/A ballot and if we didn't have the CWU fighting this new management team we would be f****d to put it blunt so imo its worth the £4 , but you have your own mind and if I/A happens you aren't being forced not to go in to work so that's up to you , and you shouldn't be carrying a bag no matter what you have in it and be using a trolley so the rep was right and it wasn't a case of rep rolling over to management .

15 Oct 2019, 11:53

The trolly is mandatory when assigned to that duty

15 Oct 2019, 11:55

worktotime wrote:
Trail wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

I don't think is like the last I/A ballot and if we didn't have the CWU fighting this new management team we would be f****d to put it blunt so imo its worth the £4 , but you have your own mind and if I/A happens you aren't being forced not to go in to work so that's up to you , and you shouldn't be carrying a bag no matter what you have in it and be using a trolley so the rep was right and it wasn't a case of rep rolling over to management .

A trolley slows you down so much. I'd rather stick two bags over my shoulders than walk around with a trolley. I only ever used a trolley when I had far too much mail to stick in two bags. Rarely.

For the record I weigh in at 147lbs tops, fit as a fiddle and skinny as hell, so I'm not some big meathead. Also, let the van do the work too. Stick your oversize packets in there and either do them before you start with your letters or when you've finished.

15 Oct 2019, 12:03

Tman wrote:I think he was questioning why anyone would compare (potentially) going on strike to something good, like Christmas?
A necessity, but not something to look forward to.

Thank you.

15 Oct 2019, 12:10

rambo1 wrote:

christmas ?! this strike is aiming at saving those jobs so people can pay their mortgages over the next decade. OT is always at RM and has been available to most everyone since there was a whisper of these strikes months ago, theres little excuse for not having a decent christmas for losing the odd days pay.
A big yes vote would be a great thing for us, the threat of strike alone is a huge negotiating advantage, I mean we could roll over and in the next 5 years enjoy things such as minimum wage, reduction to basic paid holidays, unpaid meal breaks, increased levels of bullying with a limited union etc Personally id prefer to stand up for what others before me have fought for with their own sacrifces and not just give everything up.

15 Oct 2019, 12:23

Trail wrote:A trolley slows you down so much. I'd rather stick two bags over my shoulders than walk around with a trolley. I only ever used a trolley when I had far too much mail to stick in two bags. Rarely.

whats the rush ? do you not have a start and finish time ? do you not have lapsing when you finish early ? get out of the mindset how using the tools "slows you down" its not up to you to cut the job up by not using the tools.

2 p&l partners in my office who actually do the job as RM want us to who originally were on a duty that was too long eventually had it reduced as they consistently demonstrated that using the trolley was a factor in slowing them down, and guess what ? RM could do nothing about it as trolleys are mandatory, all RM could do was reduce the duty size. To this day they continue to use trolleys, they dont stress on a busy day, they dont panic, they do the job properly. They cut off or book OT. They never have to do lapsing as they dont have time in their duties which they continue to demonstrate, they are the 2 least stressed people in our office, maybe try it out ?

The people in my office who are the most stressed are the ones who want to make an hour or more and rush around, and its funny because so often when they return to the office theyre getting sent back out with bits that the managers couldnt cover yet. Yet they never learn, theyll do it all the next day and get sent back out again and moan, its the definition of insanity.

15 Oct 2019, 12:36

Postie45 wrote:
Trail wrote:A trolley slows you down so much. I'd rather stick two bags over my shoulders than walk around with a trolley. I only ever used a trolley when I had far too much mail to stick in two bags. Rarely.

whats the rush ? do you not have a start and finish time ? do you not have lapsing when you finish early ? get out of the mindset how using the tools "slows you down" its not up to you to cut the job up by not using the tools.

2 p&l partners in my office who actually do the job as RM want us to who originally were on a duty that was too long eventually had it reduced as they consistently demonstrated that using the trolley was a factor in slowing them down, and guess what ? RM could do nothing about it as trolleys are mandatory, all RM could do was reduce the duty size. To this day they continue to use trolleys, they dont stress on a busy day, they dont panic, they do the job properly. They cut off or book OT. They never have to do lapsing as they dont have time in their duties which they continue to demonstrate, they are the 2 least stressed people in our office, maybe try it out ?

The people in my office who are the most stressed are the ones who want to make an hour or more and rush around, and its funny because so often when they return to the office theyre getting sent back out with bits that the managers couldnt cover yet. Yet they never learn, theyll do it all the next day and get sent back out again and moan, its the definition of insanity.

to true and well said :thumbup

15 Oct 2019, 12:40

Trail wrote:
worktotime wrote:
Trail wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

A trolley slows you down so much. I'd rather stick two bags over my shoulders than walk around with a trolley. I only ever used a trolley when I had far too much mail to stick in two bags. Rarely.

For the record I weigh in at 147lbs tops, fit as a fiddle and skinny as hell, so I'm not some big meathead. Also, let the van do the work too. Stick your oversize packets in there and either do them before you start with your letters or when you've finished.

what has eight or size or how fit you are got to do with anything ? use a trolley load it up and off you pop , back to the van move to the next 2 loops its easy , cover the ground once and no weight on your back , happy days , :Very Happy

15 Oct 2019, 13:54

Same old stories that we've heard time and time again.

The trolly slows you down malarkey is one of my favourite because, if I'm being really honest, I find that it saves time. If I can get two or three shoe size packets into another bag and throw it on a trolly, I'd rather do that rather than killing myself by taking two bags over my shoulders or having to cover the same ground again by using the van.

On the original point. I don't believe that most posties want to strike, most would rather the union got an agreement with the company. No one wants to lose money just before probably the most expensive time of year. I know I don't. But I'm totally behind the union with this dispute. And if striking is what it comes to then so be it.

15 Oct 2019, 14:01

Postie45 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

christmas ?! this strike is aiming at saving those jobs so people can pay their mortgages over the next decade. OT is always at RM and has been available to most everyone since there was a whisper of these strikes months ago, theres little excuse for not having a decent christmas for losing the odd days pay.
A big yes vote would be a great thing for us, the threat of strike alone is a huge negotiating advantage, I mean we could roll over and in the next 5 years enjoy things such as minimum wage, reduction to basic paid holidays, unpaid meal breaks, increased levels of bullying with a limited union etc Personally id prefer to stand up for what others before me have fought for with their own sacrifces and not just give everything up.

How do you know all this would happen? Where have you sourced this information?

15 Oct 2019, 14:18

rambo1 wrote:
Postie45 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

How do you know all this would happen? Where have you sourced this information?

Get your head out of the clouds. This is a model that nearly ALL non-unionised courier services are operating on.
If you support shareholder values over your own moral values then that's up to you.

15 Oct 2019, 14:37

Trail wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

I've been on the gate during my time twice, and both times for a lot less than this.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2