not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 14:40

Having spoken to a few colleagues. If I'm not wrong the last pay deal was legal and binding, signed off by the last Royal Mail chairwoman. So instead of balloting for strike why can't we go to court and enforce this agreement.
In my eyes Rico Back will not back down if we go on strike and it will be who backs down first. And reading between the lines this bloke will be tough nut to crack

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 14:55

notts1862 wrote:Having spoken to a few colleagues. If I'm not wrong the last pay deal was legal and binding, signed off by the last Royal Mail chairwoman. So instead of balloting for strike why can't we go to court and enforce this agreement.
In my eyes Rico Back will not back down if we go on strike and it will be who backs down first. And reading between the lines this bloke will be tough nut to crack

But not impossible. When a backlog starts and people are cutting off everyday then the pressure on him will be massive from the board.

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 15:23

Spoke to a manager the other day and he said don't think you will come back after striking and get overtime clearing the backlog, ,so I presume rico,s is a magician among other things and will make it just disappear -just like that ha ha.

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 15:38

The conversation in court would go something like this...

Us. 'We have these legally binding things..'

RM. 'Thomas Cook... '

Judge. 'Pass me the shredder....'

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 15:57

notts1862 wrote:Having spoken to a few colleagues. If I'm not wrong the last pay deal was legal and binding, signed off by the last Royal Mail chairwoman. So instead of balloting for strike why can't we go to court and enforce this agreement.

The question of the CWU going to court to enforce the "legally binding" agreement has been asked & responded to before. Go to the Dispute forum & scroll down to "Refuse to strike" thread to see posts.
I wonder if the mediators report will mention the legally binding aspect of the four pillars agreement?

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 21:45

it was a legal agreement but why do you think he got rid of all managers involved in that , and he would try to use that in court that he had nothing to do with it bullshit , bullshit , so its time to stick up for ourselves and support the CWU and this bloke has not had no union to go against in GLS to the strength of we have with the CWU and its members , remember Moya greene ?

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 21:48

stodgy88 wrote:Spoke to a manager the other day and he said don't think you will come back after striking and get overtime clearing the backlog, ,so I presume rico,s is a magician among other things and will make it just disappear -just like that ha ha.

what did you say well that's great but you will be busy mopping up then you spineless shite , lol

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 22:08

Say if we strike and Rico backs down what’s to say this time next year they ignore our demands again?

Binding agreement

24 Sep 2019, 23:07

No "Legally Binding" agreement with unions has ever been held up in court, except when it suits management. I mentioned the other day to a colleague just after a team brief, that disputes always happen near Christmas. It's obvious why. RM will soon have the public on their side when we start striking. The issue of the USO should have been sorted years ago. Monday to Friday for letters, with parcels and specials over six days. Employing the extra staff for the days off has lead to more part time staffing and is a threat to the USO. Sad but true. The CWU have got a lot to learn.

Binding agreement

25 Sep 2019, 09:40

If you’re an online business, and people place orders on a Saturday that they’d like delivered on Sunday, and Royal Mail don’t deliver on Sundays, you’re going to give that business to someone else to deliver

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1