not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

SWW

23 Sep 2019, 15:24

Quick question, as we don't appear to be dropping an hour on October 1st as per the agreement, shouldn't we all be receiving an hours overtime for the extra hour?

SWW

23 Sep 2019, 15:32

No. Dropping the extra hour would have given full timers an effective pay rise as your rate per hour would go up due to the fact you would be working an hour less (part timers would have got an actual pay rise to compensate).

As it looks like the SWW reduction in October is not happening due to us not meeting the efficiency targets that were required by RM then that's that and we have to put up with it (this is one of the reasons for the dispute)

SWW

23 Sep 2019, 19:23

itinerant wrote:No. Dropping the extra hour would have given full timers an effective pay rise as your rate per hour would go up due to the fact you would be working an hour less (part timers would have got an actual pay rise to compensate).

As it looks like the SWW reduction in October is not happening due to us not meeting the efficiency targets that were required by RM then that's that and we have to put up with it (this is one of the reasons for the dispute)

No we don't have to put up with it. It is crucial to stop fatigue and walks becoming too long.

SWW

23 Sep 2019, 19:31

Phantom wrote:
itinerant wrote:No. Dropping the extra hour would have given full timers an effective pay rise as your rate per hour would go up due to the fact you would be working an hour less (part timers would have got an actual pay rise to compensate).

No we don't have to put up with it. It is crucial to stop fatigue and walks becoming too long.

I agree with you. That's why it's part of the dispute. I was not saying we have to put up with it I was saying that's RM's position.

SWW

23 Sep 2019, 20:46

There is an argument that the time reduction of 1hr p/w is already evident in the 'PDA actuals'.

How many front-line employees currently work ALL their paid hours every week?

Perhaps we could have a 'Poll-vote' on this & royally shoot ourselves in the $%"£? :d'oh!

SWW

24 Sep 2019, 12:54

I do & I know a lot of postmen/women who do. If you don't work your hours perhaps you need your route looking at & increased

SWW

24 Sep 2019, 16:37

As the managers were recently offered the very same figure of 2.6 o/o that would have gone the way of the part-timers...this comes after losing their managers bonus' (for not working efficiently)! Funny how the rmg can suddenly afford a management pay rise offer of 2.6o/o on the manager's higher earnings but leave the grafters without their legally binding reduction of hours and proportionate pay rises. rich get richer: poor get poorer etc etc. Divide and rule will be your downfall fat cat, always has and always will, ya greedy 'get' :coolr !

SWW

24 Sep 2019, 19:22

Do the job properly take your break and use the equipment provided

SWW

06 Oct 2019, 13:02

parforthewalk wrote:There is an argument that the time reduction of 1hr p/w is already evident in the 'PDA actuals'.

How many front-line employees currently work ALL their paid hours every week?

Perhaps we could have a 'Poll-vote' on this & royally shoot ourselves in the $%"£? :d'oh!

The truth is how long we work varies either side of that point. Some finish before their duty time, some finish pretty much on time, and some finish beyond their duty time and either do or don't get paid for the extra work completed. Do a poll if you like with various options and I will gladly vote on it honestly.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1