not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Are you ready to back the CWU in this fight?

Poll ended at 16 Oct 2019, 10:53

YES
90%
NO
10%

Total votes : 487

Who's ready to take industrial action?

18 Sep 2019, 10:53

Are you ready to back the CWU in this fight to stop Rico Back and his band of sharks and not to mention his mates in the city (the larger shareholders), asset stripping, selling off and destroying the British Postal service just so they can all retire with millions in the bank and leave you jobless?

* I'll remove this comment because it's upsetting a few *
Last edited by Phantom on 18 Sep 2019, 21:00, edited 2 times in total.

18 Sep 2019, 11:24

100%, I am 63 , 38 years service .
But I plead with you get posties to vote Yes because this is a watershed moment for your futures etc .If you don't then I am afraid you are going to be employed by dictorial mangement as if we aren't now

18 Sep 2019, 11:53

Everyone vote yes it’s a no brainer surely

18 Sep 2019, 13:33

name and shame the NO voters on this poll. disgrace!

18 Sep 2019, 13:48

miles_peters wrote:name and shame the NO voters on this poll. disgrace!

No, what is a disgrace is people who live in a Democracy, and then post such drivel when other people disagree with them.

Apart from that, I am sure it's against the law anyway.

18 Sep 2019, 14:52

Everyone should get on to there local MPs and let them no what is about to happen to there services

18 Sep 2019, 15:02

Phantom wrote:
If you vote No that makes you a disgrace!

I voted no.
I have always wanted to be a disgrace.
Lifetime ambition fulfilled. Thank you.

18 Sep 2019, 15:25

clashcityrocker wrote:
Phantom wrote:

I voted no.

Don’t want to dig you out but surely voting yes gives the Cwu more power to negotiate and if it came to strike you would still be entitled to not strike anyway .

18 Sep 2019, 15:29

I'll vote yes.

But I fear that the CWU persisting with demanding a shorter working week and also resisting increased use of PDA actuals will play into RM's hands. While there are legitimate concerns about PDA actuals, if we have the right to access our own actuals in our own defence then there is less to be frightened of.

I also think that we'll get a decent vote in favour. RM will then ask to go into further talks (over the Christmas period). Then in the new year they'll offer a s**t deal involving a few hundred quid and a small pay rise, together with some non-binding promises concerning working conditions, which the CWU will advise us to accept. And we will.

I'd add that if people want to vote no, abusing them is hardly going to encourage them to change their minds.

18 Sep 2019, 15:38

So the people then who would vote No will feel intimidated and either lie in the poll or not bother with it making the entire thing pointless :roll:

18 Sep 2019, 15:40

DGH wrote:I'll vote yes.

But I fear that the CWU persisting with demanding a shorter working week and also resisting increased use of PDA actuals will play into RM's hands.

Its a negotiating ploy, you give away NOTHING, and yield on the things you care less about to get something from the other side.

18 Sep 2019, 16:07

Postie45 wrote:
Its a negotiating ploy, you give away NOTHING.

Is it like Brexit?
Do you have to wait until you see the whites of their eyes?

18 Sep 2019, 16:11

chickenwittle wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Phantom wrote:

I voted no.

Don’t want to dig you out but surely voting yes gives the Cwu more power to negotiate and if it came to strike you would still be entitled to not strike anyway .

I voted no in this poll. (Or maybe I didn't - who knows or really cares?)
It may or may not bear any relation to what I vote in the actual ballot.
Having been a goody two shoes all my life I simply wanted to be a public disgrace for a while. And it is feeling mighty good.

18 Sep 2019, 16:17

clashcityrocker wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Phantom wrote:

I voted no.

I voted no in this poll. (Or maybe I didn't - who knows or really cares?)
It may or may not bear any relation to what I vote in the actual ballot.
Having been a goody two shoes all my life I simply wanted to be a public disgrace for a while. And it is feeling mighty good.

I have no way of knowing who votes yes and who votes no, the disgrace part is MY opinion on those who vote no. I personally don't give a s**t what you vote and that's my opinion too.

18 Sep 2019, 16:20

clashcityrocker wrote:
Postie45 wrote:
Its a negotiating ploy, you give away NOTHING.

Is it like Brexit?
Do you have to wait until you see the whites of their eyes?

more like 2 lovers staring over a candle light dinner

18 Sep 2019, 16:22

a yes vote is to save your job. hopefully the no voters will be potentially part of the 20 thousand who lose their jobs

18 Sep 2019, 16:46

miles_peters wrote:a yes vote is to save your job. hopefully the no voters will be potentially part of the 20 thousand who lose their jobs

i mean this isnt just about saving jobs, its about saving the job we have. If RM had their way this wouldnt be a job worth saving for me and id leave.

18 Sep 2019, 17:08

clashcityrocker wrote:
Phantom wrote:

I voted no.

disgraceful! :Very Happy

18 Sep 2019, 17:15

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

No, what is a disgrace is people who live in a Democracy, and then post such drivel when other people disagree with them.

Apart from that, I am sure it's against the law anyway.

like ''remoaners'' you mean? :silenced

18 Sep 2019, 17:19

DGH wrote:I'll vote yes.

I also think that we'll get a decent vote in favour. RM will then ask to go into further talks (over the Christmas period). Then in the new year they'll offer a s**t deal involving a few hundred quid and a small pay rise, together with some non-binding promises concerning working conditions, which the CWU will advise us to accept. And we will.

That actually sounds like a very optimistic prediction to me, at the very most we might get back to square one (i.e. the previously agreed four pillars) with no cash bung or additional pay rise.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6